The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal - Monday 28th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Other than that mistake giving them the first goal, that was fairly comfortable for us.

I'd say it could have gone horribly wrong for us if Lacazette took his chances better but luckly he didnt

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Arsenal are still very much a work in progress tbf 

Massively, and today highlighted what a difference Arteta has made as the game last season under Emery was a joke. No doubt as they start giving him better players this team will rise up the table

35 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Mane is unbelievable. He goes for things that seem dumb to attempt and by his ability and a massive dose of determination makes them work. 

I remember when he was 2 left footed as fuck and it was seemingly up to chance if he'd get a ball under control or a shot on target. These days he's just lethal 

Just now, Danny said:

Massively, and today highlighted what a difference Arteta has made as the game last season under Emery was a joke. No doubt as they start giving him better players this team will rise up the table

With Emery last season, Arsenal to me looked like a side that were massively lacking in identity and discipline. Or even purpose. Just eleven players that were told to get out there and be defensively solid, but weren't really told anything else. I'm sure he'd told them more than just be solid defensively, but that's just how it looked watching them play at Anfield against us under Emery.

I think Arteta's Arsenal isn't massively better than Emery's... but he's clearly given Arsenal an identity and I can understand how and why they've set out to play the way they did. And I don't think Arsenal were great today... but they at least looked like a side with a purpose that's slowly improving. 

7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'd say it could have gone horribly wrong for us if Lacazette took his chances better but luckly he didnt

True, but if we'd been a bit more clinical in the first half it would have been a thrashing. I think looking at the match as a whole, we were pretty comfortable all match long.

6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I remember when he was 2 left footed as fuck and it was seemingly up to chance if he'd get a ball under control or a shot on target. These days he's just lethal 

On a purely aesthetic level he still never looks 100% in control of the ball, but somehow he can do whatever he wants at any moment. 

I know it wasn't settled to the end but that was dominant. A 5-1 wouldn't have flattered Liverpool, they were great.

I really didn't think Arsenal were much cop tonight, they just kinda managed to hang around like a bad smell.

Liverpool had double the possession. 16 more shots. Had they been clinical, it could have been a thumping.

Arsenal seemed like they were a bit too scared to come forward and their own game suffered as a result.

I suppose plus side for them, they looked perhaps a little more sturdier than in the past. Last year they would have shipped 5 or 6 tonight so I guess you can say its an improvement.

I just feel like they paid too much respect to Liverpool and maybe should have tried to push them on the back foot more given they can be susceptible under pressure. 

Especially when you have good weapons in your team and they have shown they beat Liverpool twice in recent times, but there you go. 

35 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What did he say? :51_scream:

Keane was saying Liverpool were a bit sloppy tonight in the studio and Klopp overheard him. To be fair Keane wasn’t really having a dig he was just looking at a couple of instances in the game were we could have done better.

10 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Keane was saying Liverpool were a bit sloppy tonight in the studio and Klopp overheard him. To be fair Keane wasn’t really having a dig he was just looking at a couple of instances in the game were we could have done better.

What did Klopp say?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived