talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

Running Trump would be a very bad mistake and will undo the positive work done,   Republicans turned a few seats in California and New York and the landslide shift in Florida shows that it is about the quality of candidate.    Hershel Walker and Dr Oz were terrible candidates and not very ensuring that the quality of candidates both democrat and republican in Pennsylvania and Georgia are pretty bad all round. 

I wouldn't go along with Biden claiming that because the house and senate didn't move that much is a sign of victory,  it was a case of mitigated damage but for a Democrat president protected by social media to have such a terrible rating but the perpetuated lies about the end of democracy and civil war shows that the Democrats are not offering up much and benefited from terrible candidates running against them. 

Like Brand did say and it is a common view point by neutral commentators that the culture war is cooked up to distract people from what America is really doing,  selling war since 1950

On 10/11/2022 at 18:58, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why on earth are you watching politics videos by Russel Brand? xD 

People will watch anyone and anything, as long as it fits into their agenda and agrees with their views. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

The leader of a far-right militia has been found guilty of plotting to stop US President Joe Biden from taking office after the 2020 election.

A jury found Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes guilty of the rare charge of seditious conspiracy following a two-month trial.

He plotted an armed rebellion to stop the transfer of power from Donald Trump to Mr Biden, prosecutors said.

Four more were on trial with him related to the 2021 Capitol riots.

Three of the group - Jessica Watkins, Kelly Meggs and Kenneth Harrelson - went inside the building during the attack.

Meggs was also found guilty of seditious conspiracy on Tuesday. Both Rhodes and Meggs now face a maximum 20-year sentence on the charges.

Harrelson, Watkins and a fifth member, Thomas Caldwell - were found not guilty of seditious conspiracy.

All five of the group members were found guilty of obstruction of an official proceeding.

Rhodes, who prosecutors say acted as a "battlefield general" during the riots, was also found guilty of tampering with documents or proceedings. He was acquitted of two other conspiracy counts.

The verdict comes after three full days of jury deliberation.

Speaking outside the courthouse following the verdict, lawyers for Rhodes said they were not pleased with the outcome, but that it wasn't a clear-cut victory for the prosecution either.

"It's a mixed bag," said lawyer Edward Tarpley, adding he was grateful the jury found the defendants not guilty on some counts.

They intend to appeal against the convictions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63802649

• Upvote 2

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11453859/Thousands-convicted-pedophiles-California-getting-year-prison-time.html

I hope I'm not the only one buying into this normalisation of pedophilia as being someone western society should entertain.   I'm of the view they should be thrown into max penetentiaries where very bad people whom hate pedos and rapists reside.

• Administrator

Kanye is so deranged and unhinged. It's scary because of the publicity and the pull he has over people. He is just like Donald Trump. Build up enough of a mass following over time, and you'll have people backing you regardless of how outdated and backwards your views are. 

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Also you know someone is batshit crazy when Alex Jones seems like the more reasonable person. xD

Alex Jones trying to help him out and use the time for him to say “I’m not a Nazi and I don’t stand by Nazis” for him to then go ahead and say “I like Hitler” & claim he invented microphones (he didn’t, in case anyone was wondering) was actually bizarre.

You could see a guy who defamed a ton of murdered young children and their parents be visibly uncomfortable to be giving a platform to a Nazi. Just absolutely bizarre.

• Upvote 2