talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cults

football forum

Been reading up about Jones town a total 913 people in a mass suicide (murdered) 

Crazy to believe these people get that mislead they believe the words of a man enough to end their own lives and their children's lives. 

As for the Church of scientology, now that's one messed up and dangerous organisation as well!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I immediately think of the cult like worship style following of Trump when people talk of cults.

I have no doubt that if he seriously called upon his supporters to drink Kool aid and join him on planet zinj there would be tens of thousands of deaths. 

Scientology is seriously messed up, Katie Holmes who is Tom Cruises ex wife claimed she split with him because he was forcing his Scientology ways upon their daughter.

How on earth does someone so rich and famous get drawn into such strange cult. They had a place on Deansgate in Manchester (might be still there) and they'd stand outside promoting their free personality test and I'd often head past when younger and wonder what was actually involved. 

Cruise himself has pumped millions into their Church. 

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Scientology is seriously messed up, Katie Holmes who is Tom Cruises ex wife claimed she split with him because he was forcing his Scientology ways upon their daughter.

How on earth does someone so rich and famous get drawn into such strange cult. They had a place on Deansgate in Manchester (might be still there) and they'd stand outside promoting their free personality test and I'd often head past when younger and wonder what was actually involved. 

Cruise himself has pumped millions into their Church. 

Must be money in it.

Jonestown and the Manson Family immediately spring to mind. 

Scientology is fucking nuts, particularly when you realise the South Park episode on it is about 95% accurate. I genuinely believe Tom Cruise to be a looney. 

Heavens Gate is a "fun" one - it's got everything from aliens, to castration, to suicide - I learned about it from an HBO documentary I saw recently.

Proper weirdos, those guys. A few of them didn't kill themselves and they were tasked with maintaining the website, which is still up. And they respond to fucking emails still.

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Heavens Gate is a "fun" one - it's got everything from aliens, to castration, to suicide - I learned about it from an HBO documentary I saw recently.

Proper weirdos, those guys. A few of them didn't kill themselves and they were tasked with maintaining the website, which is still up. And they respond to fucking emails still.

I've read about that cult a few times, they all committed suicide at the same time and all wore matching white Nike sneakers!!!

Waco was another one wasn't it, the Davidians. 

David Koresh, now that guy was having cake and eating it, he was sleeping with all the women like some sort of god. Mass orgies for David but a grizzly end at the hand of the heavy handed police. 

• Subscriber
On 16/03/2021 at 10:07, Whiskey said:

@Stan, @DeadLinesman and @Tommy are cults.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47kci0y0hm31w2x9d10p

Didn't have my glasses on when I read that and thought it was saying something else at first (..N..)  xD

• Administrator
On 16/03/2021 at 09:35, Stan said:

I misread the title and immediately thought of a couple of members :ph34r:

As much as people would misread and think of me...:whistling:

On 16/03/2021 at 10:07, Whiskey said:

@Stan, @DeadLinesman and @Tommy are cults.

17 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47kci0y0hm31w2x9d10p

Didn't have my glasses on when I read that and thought it was saying something else at first (..N..)  xD

No need for plagiarism John. 

I don’t blame people for being religious or hold anyone’s religious beliefs against them (unless they’re using religion as an excuse to do horrific shite like kill/rape/kidnap people) but, at least in my opinion, a lot of organised religion seems pretty cultish. Just my opinion though. But there’s a lot of weird shite from the outside looking in.

On 16/03/2021 at 16:06, Harry said:

Is Qanon a cult? 

Good question. It’s got a lot of hallmarks of a cult. But it’s also lacking centralised leadership and ideological consistency of say a cult like Jonestown, the Branch Davidians, or Heavens Gate.

They definitely follow the cult of personality that the Orange man cultivated.

NXVIUM or something was a sex cult that recently got busted. I think there’s a documentary on them that’s meant to be good, but I know next to nothing about them other than an actress(?) was involved. And even that might be wrongxD

Cults are weird. Any of you thought of joining any? Or starting any? 

• Subscriber

We're in 2021 ladies and gents there are no more cults we now call them influencers and they are just as bad if not worse because with cults you can be demographically locked but thanks to some wiring under the sea you can now get your following with a click of a button while drinking your favorite brew.

• Subscriber
On 16/03/2021 at 04:17, Harry said:

I immediately think of the cult like worship style following of Trump when people talk of cults.

I have no doubt that if he seriously called upon his supporters to drink Kool aid and join him on planet zinj there would be tens of thousands of deaths. 

Honestly my first thought as well, best modern example imo xD

watched a doco on some orthodox jews in new york and apparently the rabbis were being quite abusive and controlling of their congregation. nasty stuff, holding families at ransom, if you do X or Y you'll never see your wife again, I'll take your kids away, that sort of thing. Terrible seeing it, all insular as well so know one outside of the community can do anything about it, because they don't know, and inside the community the power and control is too hard to fight against. Pretty typical of a lot of small religious communities  though

• 4 weeks later...

Archived