Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

FA Cup Final - Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City - Saturday 15th May, 2021

Beautiful 'wait til the end' moment.

6 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Firstly congratulations to @Stan and @Dan.

I don't give a shit about the decisions against us, I was going crazy with my mates in the pub when we scored but it took me a moment to realise that it could be ruled out, not for an offside but maybe something happened elsewhere that we didn't see so after the intial euphoria of celebrating, I decided to hold back until there was confirmation and then immeditately it went to VAR and I knew then it wasn't going to count.

I don't give it a shit about the decisions though, we got what we deserved. I don't think Leicester were great, just better. Typical final really, one goal, the winning team's keeper playing a blinder, and I think if one of our players had scored a screamer and the first goal, we would have gone on to win it and everyone would be saying how great a job Tuchel has done. The first goal was key. This is not to take anything away from Leicester but it was one of those typical finals. The only thing I would say is that the period before they scored Leicester did look to take the game to us, they were on the front foot and for that they deserve credit as we failed to get going in that respect. That was the most annoying thing for me yesterday, apart from maybe a bright start, we didn't look to take the game to Leicester and play with bravery and with some balls which we have done previously in big games. We looked a bit too passive and Leicester were better in that regard and deserved to win because of that. They also controlled Werner's threat relatively well and were better tactically than other opponents we have had recently. It worries me for the Champions League final. If City control Werner, they can limit a lot of our play.

The first opening moments where Werner was getting in behind our high line actually did have me worried. We seemed to respond fairly well but then I got increasingly worried at how much space Mount and Ziyech were finding between our defence and midfield. Despite that, and with those 2 CAMs not being able to take advantage of that space, I thought we kept our shape well and tactically were spot on. Tuchel's sides are generally quite difficult to play against, so we weren't going to have many opportunities to keep the ball the further we got up the pitch. That showed with how quickly our front players were pressured - Iheanacho especially always seemed to have at least 2 players on him, Rudiger following him around mainly.

Agree with the points about it being one goal winning it. And a special goal to boot, as well. I think Shearer said at half-time it would be one goal to win it but I never envisaged it would be such a special goal. I was more thinking it going in off the arse like Chilwell's because of how few clear-cut chances were created.

Just watched this for about the 50th time on loop

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

That goal is just total perfection.

Congrats to the Leicester lot on here. Proper strike to win a final. 

It's becoming all very spursy from us. Looking likely to miss out on Top 4 and lose the CL final. Particularly if Pep has paid any attention to this and the Arsenal game. 

• Upvote 2

On 16/05/2021 at 16:05, Dr. Gonzo said:

Those Leicester players are absolute legends for displaying the Palestine flag while Roman Abramovich, one of the biggest financiers of Israel’s illegal settlements of Palestinian territories, was sitting there.

Hope that criminal cunt was fuming.

I highly doubt he watched the Leicester celebrations on TV, the flag moment came very late on, nor was he at the stadium.