talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last Man Standing - Euro 2021 Edition!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

To clarify, knockout games will be based purely on which team wins the overall tie - thanks as I meant to mention this and forgot.

So if you pick England, the game ends 1-1 and they beat Germany in extra time or on penalties (lol, imagine), then you will survive.

Thanks. I’ll go Germany xD

• Subscriber

xD all I could remember was that I'd bottled Spain and they go and win 5-0. Thankfully I went for the Dutch.

This one's a very simple pick for me. Italy.

• Subscriber

Results - Last 16

Casualties (9)

As the last 16 of the European Championships weeds out the weak and sees things narrowed down to the real contenders, so it has proven in Last Man Standing as well, with three of the four teams that saw backing this round crashing out of the competition. The mass exodus began on Sunday, with the Czech Republic's stunning 2-0 win over ten man Netherlands spelling the end for @McAzeem, @Pyfish and @Dr. Gonzo. Those eliminated by the Dutch were in good company, with highly-fancied France, the joint most popular pick this round, were eliminated by Switzerland late on Monday evening. Rest In Peace @RandoEFC, @CaaC (John), @Mel81x and @Bluewolf. Where the majority of those eliminated in this round could go down as major shocks, @DeadLinesman and @Rucksackfranzose took a risk by dabbling in the England-Germany clash, and backed the wrong horse, Low's side hobbled by goals from Sterling and Kane, taking the total number of casualties in this round to nine. Thanks to all for playing!

Survivors (4)

Even those who progressed this time were made to sweat. Austria's opener disallowed by VAR before Italy left it until extra time to extinguish their opponents' hopes. Last Man Standing expert @Viva la FCB headlines the last four, @Dan shakes off his LMS curse to join him, with @Panna King and @Eco making returns to the competition from the abyss also making four consecutive correct picks. Please see the Quarter Final fixtures and make your picks before the weekend!

946366234_ScreenShot2021-06-29at19_15_53.png.0d2d7a5ff326d49665b1f63df1460c81.png

Preview - Quarter Finals

674130702_ScreenShot2021-06-29at19_16_35.png.dea28a726ea9936c0a134c896656ab9d.png

I'm posting this now as I'm assuming the winner of match 43 won't see huge backing in the next round. Indeed, all of those remaining have used Ukraine already anyway.

With Portugal eliminated from the competition, @Viva la FCB has a free pick aside from Switzerland, Italy and Ukraine if they progress.

@Dan and @Eco are in a strong position, having backed Austria, Ukraine and Netherlands so far in their identical run to this stage. They have a free pick of all of the quarter finalists apart from Italy (and Ukraine if they make it). @Panna King finds himself in the same boat, except with Portugal replacing Austria as the first team he picked that have now been eliminated.

Viva has the LMS pedigree, but the other three challengers have more options left in their back pocket. Who will prevail?

• Subscriber

HOLY SHIT I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS

Everyone got through the quarter finals. @Viva la FCB and @Eco with Spain and @Dan and @It's Coming Home! with England.

148563773_ScreenShot2021-07-06at18_38_03.png.3509dbe30164cb5c92c75228f060a193.png

Good lord, so here are the semi-finals, starting in 1 hour 20 minutes:

Spain vs Italy

Denmark vs England

@Viva la FCB and @Eco have already used Spain and Italy. You have a choice between England and Denmark. Thankfully you have 24 hours.

@Dan and @It's Coming Home! have already used Italy and England. You have a choice between Spain and Denmark. I'm going to have to make an assumption that you'll both go with Spain but if you see this before the first game kicks off, please confirm because who knows!

• Subscriber

Also remember that if you make a correct pick this time and you have already used both finalists (quite a likely scenario for a few of you) then you get a free pick of either team and we'll probably have to use a tie breaker as well.

Archived