talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

7 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I often wonder what life might be like without religion in it... 

We would find other things about humans to segregate and ridicule to the extreme of war, genocide etc Like is happening now and has always happened. With or without religion probably 🤷‍♂️

It seems loads of people need religion to be “good” people. 

Edited by Toinho

13 hours ago, Aladdin said:

War is part and parcel of human existence, only way is to restrict it to only few things like Messi vs Ronaldo debates. 

I’m part and parcel to having a mad time

14 hours ago, Toinho said:

We would find other things about humans to segregate and ridicule to the extreme of war, genocide etc Like is happening now and has always happened. With or without religion probably 🤷‍♂️

It seems loads of people need religion to be “good” people. 

We already did that a thousand times

3 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Hi girls and cunts. Hope you’re all well. Been a busy few months for me moving home and adjusting to the new job. 

Bring on the new season!

Welcome back! 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Hi girls and cunts. Hope you’re all well. Been a busy few months for me moving home and adjusting to the new job. 

Bring on the new season!

The wanderer has returned welcome home :D

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47pjufpl945xa101wo6l

• Like 1

• Subscriber

A few years ago my mate in America asked me to do him a favour, his mother died who was from Scotland and her death wish was she wanted her ashes scattered over Arthurs Seat here in Edinburgh, he sent me the urn with the ashes and I duly complied with his wishes and sent the urn back once I had scattered them.

At the time mentioned the wife was a bit edgy about having an urn in the flat with ashes inside so she made sure I placed the urn in the back room out of the way until they were scattered and the urn sent back.

Well, his father died 3 weeks ago and he had the same dying wish to have his ashes scattered at the same place as his wife so I am just waiting for the urn to arrive and do the latter, the wife is still the same and told me to make sure the urn is put in the back room etc.

This always reminded me of an episode of old granddad & Del boy in OFAH with granddad having a conversation with an urn, I remember it because I was half pissed one night and to put the heebie-jeebies on the wife I went into the back room and pretended to have a conversation with the urn xD

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spacing correction
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

A few years ago my mate in America asked me to do him a favour, his mother died who was from Scotland and her death wish was she wanted her ashes scattered over Arthurs Seat here in Edinburgh, he sent me the urn with the ashes and I duly complied with his wishes and sent the urn back once I had scattered them.

July 13, 2013, the day I visited Arthurs seat with the wife, son and the 2 young grandsons, Connor & Alexander and scattered the ashes on top of Arthurs Seat.

278944332_10226508189666859_1335968294415141363_n.jpg

976947_10151803554622323_243664815_o.jpg

1074619_10151803558422323_1355480235_o.jpg

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Spike said:

You'll be right mate

Nearly 40 degrees on Monday and Tuesday. I used to do a day labour in that in North Queensland and that was the heat by 8am.

With that said you could always stop off in a room that has aircon, where as buildings in Britain are built to retain heat so it will feel even hotter than 40.

It drives me bloody barmy when people a chuck an apostrophe when writing out decades. It isn’t 00’s, the 00s don’t own anything. One could write  ‘00s or ‘90s; because those are contractions, but an apostrophe before an S isn’t pluralisation, it dictates a noun’s ownership.

I see it all the time in professional writing and official documentation.  My grammar isn’t perfect but that is definitely a pet peeve.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Spike said:

It drives me bloody barmy when people a chuck an apostrophe when writing out decades. It isn’t 00’s, the 00s don’t own anything. One could write  ‘00s or ‘90s; because those are contractions, but an apostrophe before an S isn’t pluralisation, it dictates a noun’s ownership.

I see it all the time in professional writing and official documentation.  My grammar isn’t perfect but that is definitely a pet peeve.

It would be hard to find someone who disagree's with you, the chance's of people actually using apostrophe's correctly consistently would be rare.

Edited by Toinho

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Spike said:

Has this been the case since the 80's? Or earlier, in the 70's?

Did you notice it in the 90's and 00's too?