• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-1 Everton - Saturday 2nd October, 2021

football forums

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

We’ve hard far worse. Just the manager masked it.

Yeah but I mean it's like the flip side of the late SAF team.

Ferguson had one of the most individually mediocre but collectively elite teams I've ever seen. 

Ole has made the one of the most individually elite but collectively mediocre teams I've ever seen. 

• Subscriber

Really good from us. 7/10 performances across the board with Doucoure standing out in my opinion.

It's amazing that the BT commentators watched the same game as I did there and spent parts of the game talking about Man Utd as title contenders with a straight face. Bang average which is absolutely criminal for a side with that much individual quality. I actually like Solskjaer as an outsider looking in but he's been unable to use a bench including Ronaldo, Lingard, Sancho and Pogba to change the game against a team without a recognised right back on the pitch and nothing on the bench. Some responsibility has to go to their players as well though. Our lot battled hard and were winning second balls all over the pitch. They were second best. Fernandes absolutely vanished in that second half.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Leicester, Liverpool, Tottenham and Man City for Man United in their next four. Two games v Atalanta in there too. Tough run that.

From 16th Oct - 30th Nov - Leicester (A), Atalanta, Liverpool, Spurs (A), Atalanta (A), Man City, Watford (A), Villareal (A), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal.

Think this run of games gets Ole sacked.

We're never getting back to the top with Ole in charge, some of these players are capable of far better but the football is so slow and predictable.

He got out of jail on Wednesday, in truth he also got out of jail today as Davies should have taken that ball on himself and scored.

We won't get rid until the summer in my opinion, so I'm expecting another rubbish season.

8 minutes ago, Devil said:

We're never getting back to the top with Ole in charge, some of these players are capable of far better but the football is so slow and predictable.

He got out of jail on Wednesday, in truth he also got out of jail today as Davies should have taken that ball on himself and scored.

We won't get rid until the summer in my opinion, so I'm expecting another rubbish season.

See my previous post. He’ll be gone by Christmas. We never, ever sorted the midfield out in Summer. We’ve needed a DM for a while now and it’s never materialised. Why he dropped Ronaldo today though is beyond me. I had a bit of faith left. Good faith based stupidly on his history as a player. Should hold my hands up now and say I was wrong.

51 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

First time I’ve felt sorry for VDB if I’m honest. You must sit there and think how is this fucking Brazilian whopper getting a game in front of me.

He’s got to be dogshit at training or something. Gotta be a reason beyond “the manager is a window licker” why he can’t get on the pitch

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

See my previous post. He’ll be gone by Christmas. We never, ever sorted the midfield out in Summer. We’ve needed a DM for a while now and it’s never materialised. Why he dropped Ronaldo today though is beyond me. I had a bit of faith left. Good faith based stupidly on his history as a player. Should hold my hands up now and say I was wrong.

Think you like me and many more have let our hearts rule our heads.

This fairytale Ole is going to lead us back to glory isn't going to happen. The guy has done a good job clearing the decks and bringing in some decent talent.

It's clear now though he can't get the best out of them. Chelsea bit the bullet last season and look what happened there, United need to do the same otherwise I seriously believe we could end up back in the Europa and chasing fourth spot.

We're making lesser teams look better than they are, Everton and Villa are good sides but the team we've put together should be beating them.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

From 16th Oct - 30th Nov - Leicester (A), Atalanta, Liverpool, Spurs (A), Atalanta (A), Man City, Watford (A), Villareal (A), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal.

Think this run of games gets Ole sacked.

We'll hand you 3 points don't worry. 

• The title was changed to Man Utd 1-1 Everton - Saturday 2nd October, 2021
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Leicester, Liverpool, Tottenham and Man City for Man United in their next four. Two games v Atalanta in there too. Tough run that.

Oddly enough, I wouldn't be surprised if Ole did alright in that run of fixtures. 

Seems to do ok against the better teams. 

I am absolutely delighted for the up turn in Andros Townsend's form at the moment. He had a nasty injury in 2019 so he had to alter his game and under Rafa he seems to be doing brilliantly.

That celebration is also the best thing I've seen all season.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived