Jump to content
talkfootball365

11am Sunday Kick Offs In 2019 For The Benefit Of Asian Viewers


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

Speaking as a viewer in the Asian time zone....

Suh-weet

images (5).jpg

So what is the time difference? 

Any reason why you cant just get up earlier or stay up later? 

At this rate the actual fans that are attending matches will need to be getting up and starting their journeys at 6am in the morning over here just so you can have an extra hour in bed... 

Money, money, money

Edited by Bluewolf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not a huge difference at home but still a piss take that TV stations have such a huge influence on when matches are played.

I'm actually surprised they don't have more influence. AFL here is 100% scheduled to maximise tv ratings. 1 game Thursday night. 1 Friday.  Saturday 1 day game,  1 twilight,  one night. Sunday day and arvo. Minimal overlap so you could basically watch every game every week from your lounge room. 

Edited by Harry
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

So what is the time difference? 

Any reason why you cant just get up earlier or stay up later 

At this rate the actual fans that are attending matches will need to be getting up and starting their journeys at 6am in the morning over here just so you can have an extra hour in bed... 

Money, money, money

11am your time is 8pm here at the moment,  or 10pm when your off daylight savings. 

I'm only taking the mickey mate but it's a hard slog keeping up with the EPL on the east coast of Australia when the Saturday lineup in your mid winter is 12am, 2.30am, 4.30am here. I won't ask for it but if I'm given an extra hour ill take it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So what is the time difference? 

Any reason why you cant just get up earlier or stay up later? 

At this rate the actual fans that are attending matches will need to be getting up and starting their journeys at 6am in the morning over here just so you can have an extra hour in bed... 

Money, money, money

this is why I find it so pathetic and quite frankly just shit for all the fans here who plough the money in to the club to watch their team. And they're the ones that get screwed over. Not enough is done to subsidise tickets by the Premier League or the TV corporations. Not that I know of, anyway. 

There's a 'Twenty's Plenty' scheme which some clubs are cottoning on to but it really isn't fair that on the whole, fans who actually go to the games are the ones that get punished, so to speak. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This has been going on in La Liga for three years now where two games (usually premium ones) are on very strange hours.  One at this time for Asia and the other one more friendly for the continent of America.  This is just the start of further moves in the future for marketing purposes obviously...  The next stage is playing the inaugurating season game from big leagues in wither Asia or America (the respective Super Cups or Charity Shield in England).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

So fans that get off their arse and go to the game are being punished to suck up to the absolute mongs who watch the game through a stream and make signs out of cardboard? 

I shouldn't be surprised, English football seems determined to kill itself.

Again, i don't dispute this is happening at all and i sympathise with your rage but comparing to AFL the games are all about the tv viewers and the clubs have consolidated stadiums to the point the MCG is the home ground for every team in Melbourne. 

EPL is definitely being corporatised and manipulated for foreign markets more than AFL but some crucial parts of the EPL's soul are still in tact.

Imagine Liverpool and Everton sharing a stadium. Or Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea, Fulham, QPR and Palace. That would write likely happen in Australian or American sports....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Making slight adjustments is not necessarily a bad thing but people were probably saying that way back when the traditional 3pm Saturday kick off was the norm before it all started changing around

And look where we are now...  

Thing is I think they are doing what they always do and taking the match going fan for granted as a given and therefore feel they can jiggle around with kick offs to see if they can drum up even more extra cash from abroad

You would think they might consider offering fans a price drop on tickets for earlier/later kick offs just to ease the inconvenience of it all but why would they give money away if they have a chance to add to the mountainous coffers of cash they already have

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The atmosphere in the 12:30/12:45 kick off's are gash enough. As a neutral, you think 'Ah, 12:30 game sweet, gives me something to watch before this afternoon's games', flick it on and it's generally like a morgue. Can you imagine what an 11am atmosphere is going to be like?

All for the sake of Yu Suk Wang sat down on a Saturday night eating his bowl of noodles and wanting to watch Premier League Football instead of some dodgy Chinese game show about eating weird stuff.

It's just not cricket. But ultimately, money talks.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lucas said:

The atmosphere in the 12:30/12:45 kick off's are gash enough. As a neutral, you think 'Ah, 12:30 game sweet, gives me something to watch before this afternoon's games', flick it on and it's generally like a morgue. Can you imagine what an 11am atmosphere is going to be like?

All for the sake of Yu Suk Wang sat down on a Saturday night eating his bowl of noodles and wanting to watch Premier League Football instead of some dodgy Chinese game show about eating weird stuff.

It's just not cricket. But ultimately, money talks.

Image result for chinese noodle funny gif

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a joke. The ENGLISH Premiere league is in ENGLAND. So you go with ENGLAND'S TIMES. Stop catering to others. That's like them switching to later hours in the day to cater to USA. It's a joke, if other countries want to watch they can watch around the set time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Again, i don't dispute this is happening at all and i sympathise with your rage but comparing to AFL the games are all about the tv viewers and the clubs have consolidated stadiums to the point the MCG is the home ground for every team in Melbourne. 

EPL is definitely being corporatised and manipulated for foreign markets more than AFL but some crucial parts of the EPL's soul are still in tact.

Imagine Liverpool and Everton sharing a stadium. Or Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea, Fulham, QPR and Palace. That would write likely happen in Australian or American sports....

Already does mate, LA lakers and Clippers share Staples Center, Jets and Giants share Metlife. Then there are those like our MLS clubs that share stadiums with different sports teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Imagine having to set your alarm to get out of bed to make it to a home game on a Sunday xD

Now you fuckers will know what's it like to have your timetable fucked up because you had to stay up late or wake up early to catch a footie match.xD

@topic

On a serious note, this is not the end of it. As @SirBalon rightly pointed out, the next step is holding a high profile match in Asia or America. Can you imagine the mood in London if they hold the Arsenal Spurs match in Beijing, or the mood in Manchester if they hold the Manchester derby in Malaysia? 

But this is what happens, when the people running the sport are only interested in making money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Imagine having to set your alarm to get out of bed to make it to a home game on a Sunday xD

 

Gets any earlier they might have to ask the players to kip overnight at the ground as they wont have time to travel and get changed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Called this happening ages ago. Would be another awful move by the league but one that isn't surprising - further proving that the fans who attend games are seen as irrelevant by the league themselves.

Hoping this is just paper bullshit but wouldn't be one bit surprised if it isn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2017 at 11:54 AM, Harry said:

Again, i don't dispute this is happening at all and i sympathise with your rage but comparing to AFL the games are all about the tv viewers and the clubs have consolidated stadiums to the point the MCG is the home ground for every team in Melbourne. 

EPL is definitely being corporatised and manipulated for foreign markets more than AFL but some crucial parts of the EPL's soul are still in tact.

Imagine Liverpool and Everton sharing a stadium. Or Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea, Fulham, QPR and Palace. That would write likely happen in Australian or American sports....

I don't know enough about American and Australian sports, but how old are a lot of these grounds? Everton and Liverpool for example have both had their current grounds for over 100 years each.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2017 at 7:40 PM, HoneyNUFC said:

Why doesn't everyone in the world just use GMT?

Do Australians really need to be awake and working during daylight hours?

:ph34r:

Haha.

I'm fine with this. More morning kick offs please. Then I'd probably be bothered to watch the mess of the EPL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I don't know enough about American and Australian sports, but how old are a lot of these grounds? Everton and Liverpool for example have both had their current grounds for over 100 years each.

MCG is like 120 years old mate. Not all are that age of course.

Melbourne has a few other AFL stadiums though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Now you fuckers will know what's it like to have your timetable fucked up because you had to stay up late or wake up early to catch a footie match.xD

@topic

On a serious note, this is not the end of it. As @SirBalon rightly pointed out, the next step is holding a high profile match in Asia or America. Can you imagine the mood in London if they hold the Arsenal Spurs match in Beijing, or the mood in Manchester if they hold the Manchester derby in Malaysia? 

But this is what happens, when the people running the sport are only interested in making money.

When this happens, which it will one day, I hope we're no where near The Premier League. Selhurst Park is a shithole, but it's my shithole. My Grandad took my dad there. My dad took me there. Both at six years old. I want to do the same with my children. My first ever game was Beckham scoring at the half way line against Wimbledon. That memory means more than thirty million pound signings.

Edited by Aaroncpfc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...