• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UEFA World Cup Playoffs

football forum

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Wow Italy. That is mad. Miss out 2018. Win Euro 2020. Miss out on WC 2022.

Portugal through as expected. Turkey will be gunning for Yilmaz now for his penalty miss. 

Where would Wales be without Bale?! 

Unbelievable with Italy getting knocked out by North Macedonia! It's the 2nd World Cup in a row that they have failed to qualify for! Euro champions, but not good enough to qualify for the World Cup. The Italian papers will no doubt rip into the team and Mancini will probably no longer be seen as a hero, despite guiding Italy to that Euro triumph last summer.

Italy haven't played a World Cup knock out game since winning the World Cup in 2006.

Knocked out in the group stages in 2010 & 2014. Didn't qualify in 2018 and haven't qualified for 2022.

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I like Manccini, and would keep him if I were italy. I know it's a disaster on paper, but they flogged NM. It's not is fault that my favorite shit cunt Ciro Immobile is about as useful as an arsehole on your elbow @Spike

If you had an arsehole on your elbow you could shit without needing to take your trousers down. Might not be "useful" but maybe "convenient, but a bit disgusting"

Ronaldo has to be the luckiest player internationally. First with the Euro in 2014 where he missed facing every single good team until the finals and even in the finals the french choked. Now the euro champions italy crashed out to an unknown team.

Guaranteed that Ronaldo will score a hattrick against this North Macedonian team and become a hero lol 

Berrardi missed the most chances for Italy, not Immobile. Immobile only really had one effort in the area that went over the bar, whereas Berrardi had like 5  efforts(3 in the penalty area) that failed to find the back of the net. All in all an embarrassing defeat for Italy on home soil against an average North Macedonian team.

However, we should give credit to Trajkovski, he was Macedonia's best player. Trajkovski tested Donnarumma early on with an effort and then clinched the vital goal with a great strike towards the end of the match.

19 minutes ago, Asura said:

Ronaldo has to be the luckiest player internationally. First with the Euro in 2014 where he missed facing every single good team until the finals and even in the finals the french choked. Now the euro champions italy crashed out to an unknown team.

Guaranteed that Ronaldo will score a hattrick against this North Macedonian team and become a hero lol 

Portugal will beat North Macedonia, they have a lot of firepower going forward. Not sure about Ronaldo scoring a hattrick though. :)

Perhaps Italy took north Macedonia for granted. Understand that they rested players in expecting to play the final game vs Portugal in a few days. 

perhaps luck ran out on Italy. They had to go pk against Spain and England and went extra time against Austria .  Today was blocked chance after another 

remember this north Macedonia team now have wins against Germany and Italy in a qualifying campaign…not bad a resume. Will Portugal be on that list too?

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I like Manccini, and would keep him if I were italy. I know it's a disaster on paper, but they flogged NM. It's not is fault that my favorite shit cunt Ciro Immobile is about as useful as an arsehole on your elbow @Spike

I’m beginning to think you were sweet on some sheila and when you worked up the courage to ask her out, you found her sucking off Immobile in the kitchen

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

I’m beginning to think you were sweet on some sheila and when you worked up the courage to ask her out, you found her sucking off Immobile in the kitchen

I actually know a girl who fucked Marc Jankos brains out when he played for Sydney. 

Of course, had Janko been playing for Italy, they'd likely have qualified. 

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I actually know a girl who fucked Marc Jankos brains out when he played for Sydney. 

Of course, had Janko been playing for Italy, they'd likely have qualified. 

1.Who the fuck is marc wankos?

2. don’t care didnt ask :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Portugal's luck man. Macedonia have done incredibly well but it's a perfect fixture for Portugal, a Macedonia side that have likely used up everything in this Italy game. Italy really are a one off. They're the biggest all or nothing side in football. Always have had a tendency to blow what seem very winnable games on paper too. Heard earlier Macedonia took points off them to put them in the play-off in 2017 as well.

I think Portugal, Wales and Sweden will qualify. Wales are irritatingly good. They never, ever seem to blow games like that one earlier. I feel like they'd beat 80% of Europe at home.

Archived