talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Round 16 PL Matches - 11-12th December, 2021

football forums

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to give a shout out to both Jimenez & Klich for doing us no favours today. Pair of dickheads. 

Sounds like we made a meal of that one, but Villa are a good side and it was never going to be easy. Hopefully we make the game against Newcastle a bit more convincing. 

12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

That was closer than it should have been. Liverpool had two or three counter attacks where they should have done better and put it to bed.

You are never gonna play well every game. These are important results over the season that can be the difference between winning and now winning the league. 

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You are never gonna play well every game. These are important results over the season that can be the difference between winning and now winning the league. 

Absolutely. Games at this time of the year are just about getting the win and staying in touch with the leaders.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Rick said:

Just want to give a shout out to both Jimenez & Klich for doing us no favours today. Pair of dickheads. 

Sounds like we made a meal of that one, but Villa are a good side and it was never going to be easy. Hopefully we make the game against Newcastle a bit more convincing. 

Tongue in cheek I hope xD. They'll be saying the same about Mings and possibly the VAR at your game from what I've read.

Surprised by Leeds today, they did not stop running and Bielsa's sub got them level.

Noticed the way they overloaded us down the flanks.

Leeds pretty physical and three match penalties which will probably be talking points in MOTD.

We really need Kante and Kovacic back ASAP and Chilwell would be nice too.

5 hours ago, Cicero said:

Criminal we won that. 

5 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Rough game from us... Leeds deserving of a point at least 

Grateful for the win in the end 

Glad you both acknowledged that.

We thoroughly deserved something for sure but we shot ourselves in the foot. Threw that game away today against a side that laboured and really didn't seem likely to hurt us.

Give the ball away outside our box for the first goal and then two debatable penalties. Gutting.

The 2nd one probably is a pen. It looks soft but I'd want it if it happened for us. Its just Rudiger makes a meal of it and it winds you up a bloke like that acts like he's been shot by a sniper.

I felt the Raphinha one was harsh. He got the ball for me and his momentum took him into Rudiger. That was gutting really although I would say Rapha should never have lunged and given them a call like that to make anyway.

Sigh. When its not your day its not your day.

Plus side, we gave a good account of ourselves and I was impressed how much we took the game to Chelsea, especially 2nd half, we looked the more potent attack.

Pleased for Gelhardt too. There is obviously a load of buzz over him but fancy coming on, 18 years old and first touch you finish instinctively like that. Good on him.

Final word, sounded a great atmosphere on the TV.

Onwards to City. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived