talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool - Wednesday 16th March, 2022

football forum

I was watching while at work but didn't miss too much and it seemed like it was a very similar match to the 4-0 earlier in the season. We were playing really well but then a mistake (or 2) led to their opening goal. Then once we go behind it's very difficult to come back. I was thinking to myself before the match that although I was optimistic about our chances of getting a good result, I wouldn't be too disappointed with if we came out 2nd best against a team with more quality than us. In the end it wasn't a difference in quality but mistakes, again, that lost us that match, so I'm very disappointed.

I like Ramsdale but he is a bit raw and erratic. Hopefully with more experience he'll improve a lot.

Cedric has been decent lately but the sooner Tomiyasu comes back the better.

On a positive note I really enjoyed Martinelli making TAA look like a school child. The commentator compared him to Pires but he really reminds me of Alexis Sanchez. I hope he'll stay here for a long time.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it went how I expected for the first 45 minutes, difficult without being in any real danger. Think we were just better in big moments. Alisson makes the big save early in the second half then Ramsdale makes a mistake for our first goal. Pretty comfortable after that 

6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Okay, so ignoring the fact your striker is the most fat useless cunt you've had since Higuain, and the fact that your wing backs have had injuries (even though Tuchel plays Alonso over Chilwell anyway) and making a shit reference to how Liverpool collapsed after what was actually a good half dozen injuries (and finished above you anyway) you 'might' have 6 more points. 

Manchester city 'might' have 6 more points if they were injury free and had bought a striker. Liverpool 'might' have 6 more points if Robertson wasn't injured ect ect. 

I already gave you due credit for being able to grub out results from better teams what more do you wish of me?  

In what world do you live in where Chilwell playing every single game in the 2 months prior to his ACL rupture, means Tuchel prefers Alonso? Or are you referring to the brief period earlier in the season when Tuchel stated Chilwell was struggling for match fitness, and immediately took Alonso out of the XI once he was fit?

Think its quite abundantly clear how important our wingbacks are in Tuchel's system, particularly when they have been match winners several times this season. The difference in quality compared to Chilwell/James and Alonso/Azpilicueta couldn't be ever more apparent. If you've watched us regularly you'd know that.  We haven't been beaten by Liverpool at all under Tuchel (we arguably should've beaten them in the league cup final) and we've beaten City three times on the bounce,. one of them with relative ease in the biggest club competition in the planet. 

And mind you, we've also struggled with massive injuries to our midfield and are the only club not to benefit from the COVID postponements. So apologies if I find your notion 'we are miles away from them' completely laughable. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

In what world do you live in where Chilwell playing every single game in the 2 months prior to his ACL rupture, means Tuchel prefers Alonso? Or are you referring to the brief period earlier in the season when Tuchel stated Chilwell was struggling for match fitness, and immediately took Alonso out of the XI once he was fit?

Think its quite abundantly clear how important our wingbacks are in Tuchel's system, particularly when they have been match winners several times this season. The difference in quality compared to Chilwell/James and Alonso/Azpilicueta couldn't be ever more apparent. If you've watched us regularly you'd know that.  We haven't been beaten by Liverpool at all under Tuchel (we arguably should've beaten them in the league cup final) and we've beaten City three times on the bounce,. one of them with relative ease in the biggest club competition in the planet. 

And mind you, we've also struggled with massive injuries to our midfield and are the only club not to benefit from the COVID postponements. So apologies if I find your notion 'we are miles away from them' completely laughable. 

Don't cry sweet prince, you'll damage your keyboard. 
Besides, with Werner and Lukaka up front, you've enough on your plate. 

• Subscriber

Even though we wont last night I have to say that Martinelli was the best player on the pitch. He ran our defenders ragged and at one point was taking the piss out of them as well. Arsenal really missed to capitalize on some chances and had even one gone in this could have ended very differently.

Also, Bobby is the king of the sublime touch. 

4 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Liverpool are beast mode, hard to think up anything to knock them.

I guess if we have to find something it would be that they are a historic club that hasn't had a British manager in an eternity

The three managers before Klopp were all British.

40 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I guess if we have to find something it would be that they are a historic club that hasn't had a British manager in an eternity

This isn't going to age well xD

• Administrator
2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Thank you.

With this kind of bollocks you can replace me as the supposed leader of the 'I hate Liverpool' fan club.

I appreciate it.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool - Wednesday 16th March, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned
6 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

CapitalCooperativeChipmunk-size_restricted.gif

• Subscriber
On 16/03/2022 at 23:45, LFCMike said:

On 16/03/2022 at 23:55, Dr. Gonzo said:

Martin Tyler should be banned from commentating our matches unless we're playing a foreign side tbh

Point taken but Carragher commentating on half or more of your games is fine I'm guessing?

For what it's worth, Martin Tyler should be banned from commentating on any games for my money. Funny watching any Liverpool or Man Utd fans complain about biased commentary though when having Carragher and Neville on so prominently that you might as well be watching LTV or MUTV as Sky Sports half the time...

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Point taken but Carragher commentating on half or more of your games is fine I'm guessing?

For what it's worth, Martin Tyler should be banned from commentating on any games for my money. Funny watching any Liverpool or Man Utd fans complain about biased commentary though when having Carragher and Neville on so prominently that you might as well be watching LTV or MUTV as Sky Sports half the time...

To be honest, I think there's been times Carragher has been too critical of Liverpool to try and seem unbiased. Last season some of the stuff he came out with was embarrassing.

Not a fan of some of his analysis on Liverpool to be honest.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Carra and Neville chat bollocks constantly…

But Martin Tyler makes no secret about hating us and having him do commentary next to Gary Neville in a Liverpool game is mental.

They sounded like we shot their nans with each goal.

I can forgive Neville for hating us because he’s a legend for that pack of arseholes at Old Trafford and was a boyhood fan of them. Martin Tyler’s supposed to be a “true professional”

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Carra and Neville chat bollocks constantly…

But Martin Tyler makes no secret about hating us and having him do commentary next to Gary Neville in a Liverpool game is mental.

They sounded like we shot their nans with each goal.

I can forgive Neville for hating us because he’s a legend for that pack of arseholes at Old Trafford and was a boyhood fan of them. Martin Tyler’s supposed to be a “true professional”

19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Fair enough. I think Tyler is rubbish nowadays anyway. Couple of catchphrases and a cheap pun every time they roll him out and dust him off for Super Sunday. Long past his sell by date.

AND IT'S LIIIIIIVVVVEEEEE! is about all he's good for these day. 

And that's being very generous. 

Archived