The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2021/22 - Semi-Final Draw

football forum

• The title was changed to FA Cup 2021/22 - Semi-Final Draw
  • The topic was pinned
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now we reach the least entertaining round of the competition.

Really wish they would just bring back the neutral grounds for the semi final.

Could easily have had Palace Chelsea at say, the Emirates or Spurs and City v Liverpool at Old Trafford or Villa Park.

Least that way they can fuck about with the kick off times much as they like, it wouldn't affect the fans too much. Would really do something for the atmosphere too.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Chelsea always getting the easy draws...

Surely not! with all our recent woes we must be the underdogs here... more prayers needed for this one mate, so if you could do the honours I would be grateful... 

Rip Pray GIF

Agree about Gallagher... not deemed quite good enough for our first team and then has a great season with Palace only to be forced out for a Cup Semi, should be allowed to play... 

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Could easily have had Palace Chelsea at say, the Emirates or Spurs and City v Liverpool at Old Trafford or Villa Park.

Least that way they can fuck about with the kick off times much as they like, it wouldn't affect the fans too much. Would really do something for the atmosphere too.

There's no trains into Euston that weekend either

Hi everyone new here, just wanna gage a reaction towards the upcoming Liverpool v City games in the league and the cup.

I think Liverpool can pick up the 3 points within the league game on the 10th and lose out to City in the cup. Think it's a reach to say we're going to beat City twice 6 days apart. 

2 hours ago, Lewisdenning22 said:

Hi everyone new here, just wanna gage a reaction towards the upcoming Liverpool v City games in the league and the cup.

I think Liverpool can pick up the 3 points within the league game on the 10th and lose out to City in the cup. Think it's a reach to say we're going to beat City twice 6 days apart. 

You will be spanked in every game against us ..welcome to the forum :)

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Lewisdenning22 said:

Welcome aboard buddy and another bloody Liverpool supporter xD

We have a few Pool supporters in here so they will more than likely welcome you with open arms and even one of our shiny head Moderator, @DeadLinesman, loves Liverpool to the bottom of his feet, keep posting and why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself in the link below. :ay:

Introductions

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Nightmare. I imagine it will be a late kick off too, about 5ish or something.

So silly when they could easily play it closer to home.

FA = Greedy bastards.

4 hours ago, Lewisdenning22 said:

Get in there, Lewis!

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Welcome aboard buddy and another bloody Liverpool supporter xD

We have a few Pool supporters in here so they will more than likely welcome you with open arms and even one of our shiny head Moderator, @DeadLinesman, loves Liverpool to the bottom of his feet, keep posting and why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself in the link below. :ay:

Introductions

@MUFC

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Lucas said:

I can't believe they still do it. Can only possibly conclude they're actively making the cup worse on purpose.

On 21/03/2022 at 00:02, Lucas said:

Speak for yourself!

On 21/03/2022 at 08:30, LFCMike said:

The sad thing is they've known about this for months.

Whilst both clubs do have a large portion of supporters willing to attend living in the South East that will not be affected, it is absurd how many times this season you hear stories of football fans having to book hotels at short notice because of fixture movements to accommodate televised timeslots that do not correlate to any running modes of transport. We had it with Leeds earlier this season and Manchester City had it with us just last Monday.

8 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Speak for yourself!

The sad thing is they've known about this for months.

Whilst both clubs do have a large portion of supporters willing to attend living in the South East that will not be affected, it is absurd how many times this season you hear stories of football fans having to book hotels at short notice because of fixture movements to accommodate televised timeslots that do not correlate to any running modes of transport. We had it with Leeds earlier this season and Manchester City had it with us just last Monday.

Years in factxD

7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Still think having the semi-finals at Wembley is a joke.

When we got to the final in 2008, I went to the semi-final and final of the FA Cup. To me, the final lost its allure as I went to Wembley for the semi. It just didn't feel as big of an occasion to me.

Agree.. Wembley should be a one off experience for both the players and the fans.. 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Agree.. Wembley should be a one off experience for both the players and the fans.. 

I agree too.

Though thinking on it now us and Palace are drawn together where would you we would be best placed to play.

I'm thinking probably Spurs new ground or maybe Arsenal's.

6 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I agree too.

Though thinking on it now us and Palace are drawn together where would you we would be best placed to play.

I'm thinking probably Spurs new ground or maybe Arsenal's.

In order to get as many fans in as possible to watch the game I would probably go with Spurs for ease of travel and capacity.. 

• 3 weeks later...

I see Chelsea have decided to be a bunch of selfish fuckers and not allow Conner Gallagher to play for Palace in the semis.. I think the rules around players being able to play against their parent club should only apply in the league.. Feel sorry for him, he has had a great season and a Semi Final with a chance of getting to a Final does not swing around that often for some clubs.. 

Big fat thumbs down for that.. 

Nick Offerman Thumbs Down GIF by NBC

• The topic was unpinned

Archived