• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Qatar 2022 World Cup Draw

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I dunno. USA and Iran are probably the 2 weaker sides in that group cos CONCACAF and Asia is what they're used to. But if we're lucky we end up with Scotland in that group and I think Scotland aren't that great tbh, regardless of how much I rate their left back.

England should be topping that group though on paper.

I doubt US gets a win against anyone in this group.  I'd guess 2 draws and a loss.  

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah, I just want England and Iran to go through.

My wife wants the US and Iran to go through. So USA v England should be an interesting on in the Gonzo household

Who would you be supporting in England vs Iran?

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Probably England tbh, since they've actually got a better chance of getting lucky enough to maybe win... but I really can't lose either way xD

I'm_Playing_Both_Sides_Banner.jpg

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Probably England tbh, since they've actually got a better chance of getting lucky enough to maybe win... but I really can't lose either way xD

Probably?!? Probably?!?! You better be supporting England you Iranian prick.

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Probably?!? Probably?!?! You better be supporting England you Iranian prick.

I'm supporting both tbh.

But I just hope it's not a draw because that's not really good for either of them. Or a draw and then they both win the next 2.

49 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm supporting both tbh.

But I just hope it's not a draw because that's not really good for either of them. Or a draw and then they both win the next 2.

A draw?? A draw?? You Iranian pick. :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

The USA v England match will have a big influence on whether @Dr. Gonzogets sex that night :ph34r:

It’s the absolutely perfect group for him. England, Iran and USA. Incredible! 
Also a very easy group for England. 

Maybe not as easy as the Dutch or the Argentinians. Some really weak looking groups, except that Spain and Germany one. 

Even if we make it (we won’t) pretty boring to verse two of the sides we did in 2018. Yawn. 

England with Maguire and Pickford what could go wrong?

As Gonzo says on paper we should win the group.

Playing mid-season should mean we are fresher than normal World Cups though the weather may be a factor.

England's opening match against Iran will be cagey as i recall Iran play a form of counter attack football and we could well start with a draw and with one of the home nations about to play our of their skin like Wales did in the Euros of 2016.

Yes England should win their group yet a number of potential banana skins if we slip up.

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

If we qualify, that's actually quite a favourable group for us.

England would beat us, but if we're at full strength, I can't see any reason not to give USA and Iran a good game.

I think you'll qualify in 2nd if you do get through.

Not really a proper 'Group of Death' at first glance. But perhaps Group E & H must feel they've had a tough draw.

Lots of talk everywhere of England getting a good group. It should be. And it would be astonishing if they're not in the top 2 of the group. But they have history of faltering with any UK nation & USA. And who knows what Iran will bring to proceedings.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

So where are we all watching the world cup then? At home or in the pub destroying our livers?? 

at home while working for some of them...

1 minute ago, Stan said:

at home while working for some of them...

I love the finals tournaments. It may sound a bit to some people but I really look forward to them and love going out down the centre of Bristol. The apomospehere is amazing 

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

If we qualify, that's actually quite a favourable group for us.

England would beat us, but if we're at full strength, I can't see any reason not to give USA and Iran a good game.

I find it quite hard. Normally I would want Wales or Scotland to qualify but I think it would be nice for Ukraine's people to be there. There is a chance they may have to pull out anyway. I think wales would be more likely to get out the group than scotland. England have actually played the USA twice in the world cup and never beaten them. I think anything less than a quarter final would be disappointing for england. I'd expect them to beat any of the teams in group A in the round of 16 including Holland.  But we never beat the big teams in neutral venues in knockouts so could still be hard if we do get them 

Group A

Senegal 

Netherlands 

Group B

England

Wales/Ukraine/Scotland'

Group C

Argentina 

Poland 

Group D

France

Denmark