The better place to talk football.

Gloryhunter - 2022/23

football forum

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

RESULTS
Last weekends results plus any that we've had this week as well. 

1.thumb.jpg.2cfe5dc085e86a1c901f75ac956234ea.jpg

A win for @DeadLinesman with PSG. @Viva la FCB chose to go with Bayern which resulted in a loss to Mainz last weekend. Whilst @nudge stuck with Manchester City and picked up 2 more wins. @Tommylost out to Magdeburg with Braunschweig. It was a win and a draw for Aston Villa so 4 points for @Bluewolf, @Coma, @Dr. Gonzo and @Lucas. It's a move to Valencia for @Stan after a win and a loss. Meanwhile for @Beelzebub and @Mel81x, it was yet another win and 3 points. It was more misery for me, and firmly cementing myself as the worst Gloryhunter of the season, with 2 losses. However, I am now at Liverpool - will my fortunes change? A win for @CaaC (John) and @RandoEFC keeps them at AC Milan for at least one more game. @Rucksackfranzose, stuck in Poland, drew his game 1-1. And finally, @Toinho's 10th game with PSV resulted in a 3-0 win over Ajax - the two teams face each other again next up, in the KNVB Beker FINAL so a potential chance of silverware for him!

2.thumb.jpg.36381c4bb524fa208ebb7c4c21751c68.jpg

Quite worryingly for me, the three teams in the bottom three are catching up to me finally, with their massive games in hand as well, the PPG table isn't going to make good reading for me is it!

3.thumb.jpg.3f19dff26408722f6aad968955466e29.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

RESULTS
To make this easier and to not have one big massive write-up of everyones journeys, I'm just going to simplify each persons results. The full set of results is posted as usual, but I'm just not going to write it all up. I should be in a place to keep this updated now, especially with some seasons coming to a close.

In the event of a draw, I've kept you at the same team. 

1.thumb.png.66fe1a0e5a4b9f9ccc6b6f288cd59af3.png

@Tommy - Won with Magdeburg against Hamburger| Drew against Heidenheim
@CaaC (John) & @RandoEFC - Drew with AC Milan against Roma | Drew against Cremonese | Won against Lazio | Lost to Inter in Champions League
@Beelzebub & @Mel81x - Drew with Bayer Leverkusen against Union Berlin | Lost to FC Koln
@Toinho - Won the KNVB Beker with PSV against Ajax | Won against Sparta Rotterdam
@Stan - Lost with Valencia to Cadiz | Lost to Atletico Madrid
@nudge - Won with Manchester City against Fulham | Won against West Ham | Won against Leeds | Drew with Real Madrid
@Rucksackfranzose - Lost with Lech Poznan to Gornik Zabrze | Won against Warta Poznan
Pyfish - Won with Liverpool against Tottenham | Won against Fulham | Won against Brentford
@Bluewolf, @Coma, @Dr. Gonzo & @Lucas - Lost with Aston Villa against Manchester United | Lost to Brighton | Lost to Everton
@DeadLinesman - Lost with PSG to Lorient | Won against Brest
@Viva la FCB - Lost with Mainz against Wolfsburg | Lost to Dortmund

2.thumb.png.2a16bcfb3b2d47f44cd270163307756f.png

And here are the fixtures!

3.thumb.png.32c23524b0a223adf551001eafd16ee0.png

Congratulations to @Toinho who adds a trophy to his collection, winning the KNVB Beker with PSV on penalties. I'll update the Gloryhunter Honours thread with this shortly!

• Subscriber

WEEKEND RESULTS
Some players only have a couple of games left, whilst some have a handful. Lots of points still to play for and some potential trophies to win too.

image.thumb.png.d58b8e629851f356100dd6d8a2074eea.png

@Beelzebub and @Mel81x start their stay with FC Koln with a win, and with only 2 games to go for them, they'll hope they stay there and pick up maximum points. @Viva la FCB grabbed a win on his return to one of his former clubs, Dortmund, who could still win the Bundesliga title. @CaaC (John) and @RandoEFC also returned to a former club, Inter, and having won their game at the weekend, now have a chance to secure a place in the Champions League Final (if they are still with Inter at that point). Manchester City won again at the weekend to increase @nudge's chances of winning the Premier League and with the Champions League final in sights for her as well as now being top of the Gloryhunter table, it could be a nice trophy haul come the end of the season. That win for Manchester City came at the expense of @Bluewolf, @Coma, @Dr. Gonzo and @Lucas who now join nudge at Manchester City. It does mean however that unless there is a draw and they swap teams, Gonzo can no longer win the Gloryhunter title. @Rucksackfranzose picked up a win with Gornik Zabrze. @Toinho, fresh off the back of a trophy win, won 2-1 in the league. And it was also a win for me and for Liverpool.

@Tommy drew again with Magdeburg and now gets to choose to stay or move to Nurnberg - but which will be likely to get him much-needed points? @DeadLinesman also has a decision - stay with Lorient or move to Montpellier after their draw.

Already-relegated Elche ruined @Stan's day with a win over Atletico so now Stan is with the team at the very bottom of La Liga going into the last few games of the season.

image.thumb.png.b4226f590c026def4ddab97642aa2dd0.png

it's looking tight at the top there!

image.thumb.png.7a8b856ab512807699dcd19c1488981a.png

• Subscriber

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Just the two semi-final second leg ties to settle up.

image.thumb.png.469b3b60d97762106ff05e19d107bbdf.png

A simple 1-0 win for @CaaC (John) and @RandoEFC with Inter means a place in waiting for them for the final - should they manage to stay with Inter until then.
And an impressive 4-0 win for Manchester City over Real Madrid means the five-some of @Bluewolf, @Coma, @Dr. Gonzo, @Lucas and @nudge also have a place in the final pending for them.

image.thumb.png.1a4eca3f1a5e928d01f0faafcec4685a.png

And here's the fixtures:

image.thumb.png.9f449794df828ae150dd0786953f98ae.png

• The topic was unpinned

Archived