talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Lol pretty much the basis for all your arguments. I’m sorry I forgot your friend Balon terrific “people who believe in unicorns” is well thought out analysis of the typical Brexit voter. 

Yeah meanwhile you'll go around calling people thick as fucking planks and then say "oh you're being a bit stupid" and then say shite like your job indicates that Brexit will be a good thing because your company doesn't export that much to the EU... despite the fact that GDP statistics indicate the EU is our biggest trading partner. But you feel your experience means you have absolute knowledge.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah meanwhile you'll go around calling people thick as fucking planks and then say "oh you're being a bit stupid" and then say shite like your job indicates that Brexit will be a good thing because your company doesn't export that much to the EU... despite the fact that GDP statistics indicate the EU is our biggest trading partner. But you feel your experience means you have absolute knowledge.

Balon is being stupid, he’s hysterical at times in this thread. It’s got a whiff of “the Sky is falling in” about it. 

And yeah I work for a global blue chip engineering company and I travel the country to deal with small to large multinational corporations on a daily basis speaking with guys on the shop floor to boardroom level supporting industry leading technology. It’s given me a cross spectrum from the approx 1000 various people I’ve spoken to in the last 3 years about it. Same consensus generally  we’ll dip at first out the gate then find our feet and run. Most are more interested in the rapidly growing markets outside of the EU. 

I’m sorry though your folks on skype, the remain bias rags you browse online (who got the result then the immediate crash after wrong btw) and “cars of petrol” & “they believe in unicorns” man are a more solid foundation for opinion. 

For balance I’m met remain business owners who it negatively impacts because they buy in euros from the continent, they even acknowledge that it’s not fatal they will have to adapt but long term they’re optimistic if you want a more balanced view. 

7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Balon is being stupid, he’s hysterical at times in this thread. It’s got a whiff of “the Sky is falling in” about it. 

And yeah I work for a global blue chip engineering company and I travel the country to deal with small to large multinational corporations on a daily basis speaking with guys on the shop floor to boardroom level supporting industry leading technology. It’s given me a cross spectrum from the approx 1000 various people I’ve spoken to in the last 3 years about it. Same consensus generally  we’ll dip at first out the gate then find our feet and run. Most are more interested in the rapidly growing markets outside of the EU. 

I’m sorry though your folks on skype, the remain bias rags you browse online (who got the result then the immediate crash after wrong btw) and “cars of petrol” & “they believe in unicorns” man are a more solid foundation for opinion. 

For balance I’m met remain business owners who it negatively impacts because they buy in euros from the continent, they even acknowledge that it’s not fatal they will have to adapt but long term they’re optimistic if you want a more balanced view. 

Yes your job and personal experiences are a more valid interpretation of the British economy than the British GDP xD

I don’t think it’ll be fatal. I just think it’s needlessly going to create a recession and lead to austerity measures to benefit only a few. Theres already plenty of Brits who’ve seen better economic opportunity abroad, and I think that’s a shame. For as much as I’d like to come home, I can’t really justify taking giving myself a 1/3rd decrease in pay.

And I just see no reason to be hopeful the same people who’ve failed so dismally to negotiate with the EU can negotiate good trade deals in the WTO shark tank.

I do like Bercow. An interesting curriculum and a curious set of ideas for a Tory. Having to deal with people debating forever about a small scale insult that probably didn't happen and competing to see who can say "myea" the loudest, while being astonishingly articulate and cool, can't be easy...

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yes your job and personal experiences are a more valid interpretation of the British economy than the British GDP xD

Of course it’s not an indicator but you get a feel for the way an economy is going, it’s cap ex investments I’m dealing in and businesses make 2-3 year predictions & forecasts when apportioning budgets etc. Obviously some businesses have sat on their hands because of it, automotive & BMW being a main one. 

JLR have a perfect storm of problems, which they blame on Brexit but it’s falling demand in China & US plus diesel being in the halfway house globally while awaiting emissions tests in reality. That’s also curtailing Nissan but the Japanese car manufacturers are all investing in U.K. plants over the next 5 years. I’m in and out these places regularly talking to project engineers with signed off budgets for investment. That’s my baramoter for saying I’m not as concerned as the papers would have you believe we should be. 

Aldo WTO isn’t a shark tank, part of the reason these EU negotiations have been appalling is firstly May not being very good but she’s gone post Brexit & screeching remainers ebbing away her bargaining power. It’s basic negotiation, if it’s apparent the other party is desperate because of whatever factor you can get more. Screaming remainers have almost undoubtedly emboldened the EU to press for advantages in certain areas. If they had kept quiet and the EU had bought the No deal threat we might well have got a decent deal. The irony of militant remainers inadvertantly pushing us towards a no deal is hilarious for me personally 

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

we’ll dip at first out the gate then find our feet and run

Based on what?

Haven't most of the 'experts' on Brexit, in business, finance and in politics, said that it'd be harmful for the UK if it went ahead?

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Based on what?

Haven't most of the 'experts' on Brexit, in business, finance and in politics, said that it'd be harmful for the UK if it went ahead?

Yeah, his opinion from those he likes is one to be accepted.  That's it... That's the explination, the only one we need to give to the people so that they calm down.

"We'll dip first out the gate then find our feet and run"

xD

Based on what?  Based on what facts!

I just can't find the time to write what I want but the fact these liars that peddle this rubbish go unchallenged (I'm talking about those that tell people like Fairy these things) tells us the whole story.

Politicians and all sorts within the establishment can just talk about fantasy and wild projections based on absolutely NOTHING and nobody challenges them.

I mean... Even I've been challenged myself on here being accused of being over emotional and that what I say are just projections.  Then you get absolute rubbish like that and it goes unchallenged like with those that are in responsible positions like politicians... Unchallenged by the media!

Why?

Based on WHAT!

Ha! It’s remainers fault that the EU has had far more leverage than the UK in Brexit negotiations?! They had the upper hand the whole time, the leave campaign never gave a coherent vision for Brexit and promised we could pick and choose the benefits of being in the EU and the benefits of being out of the EU. Right from the off, our best hope was getting something like the Swiss or Norwegians.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ha! It’s remainers fault that the EU has had far more leverage than the UK in Brexit negotiations?! They had the upper hand the whole time, the leave campaign never gave a coherent vision for Brexit and promised we could pick and choose the benefits of being in the EU and the benefits of being out of the EU. Right from the off, our best hope was getting something like the Swiss or Norwegians.

It's part of my future post, but does anyone remember when those that lied, that are liars, continue to fib, said that the German car industry would bow down to the fact they need UK consumers? How's that turned out when the German car industry said that they will always back the EU trading Union and its 500m inhabitants.

But the EU are the bad guys!  Has anyone also looked into the Galileo project where the UK was a big part player?

They need us! xD

Boris Johnson "We can have our cake and eat it" (just picture that pig saying it in the manner he bumbles most things)

Just now, SirBalon said:

It's part of my future post, but does anyone remember when those that lied, that are liars, continue to fib, said that the German car industry would bow down to the fact they need UK consumers? How's that turned out when the German car industry said that they will always back the EU trading Union and its 500m inhabitants.

But the EU are the bad guys!  Has anyone also looked into the Galileo project where the UK was a big part player?

They need us! xD

Boris Johnson "We can have our cake and eat it" (just picture that pig saying it in the manner he bumbles most things)

People getting upset with the EU for using the upper hand they have in the negotiations are silly. The EU had the EU’s best interests in mind, of course they’ll negotiate from a position of power when they have the upper hand.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

our best hope was getting something like the Swiss or Norwegians.

They have freedom of movement mate.  We can't be like them when racists etc... Conditioned our racist Prime Minister to see the ultimate Brexit prize as delivering the abolition of freedom of movement.  

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

People getting upset with the EU for using the upper hand they have in the negotiations are silly. The EU had the EU’s best interests in mind, of course they’ll negotiate from a position of power when they have the upper hand.

The question and answer is... Do we blame the EU for protecting and sticking up for EU member States?

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

They have freedom of movement mate.  We can't be like them when racists etc... Conditioned our racist Prime Minister to see the ultimate Brexit prize as delivering the abolition of freedom of movement.  

I don't think she took much conditioning actually. Despite her pro-EU stance I'd actually suspect that May is one of the most personally xenophobic senior members of the Conservative party.

Her time in the Home Office was a non-stop story of hostility to foreigners which has laid much of the groundwork for the current attitude in government. 

52 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I don't think she took much conditioning actually. Despite her pro-EU stance I'd actually suspect that May is one of the most personally xenophobic senior members of the Conservative party.

Her time in the Home Office was a non-stop story of hostility to foreigners which has laid much of the groundwork for the current attitude in government. 

A remainer can be racist or xenophobic and I'm pretty sure plenty of them exist.  She was (and maybe still is somewhere in here mixed up brain) a remainer because she is a pragmatist and kind of intelligently assumed that continuing with the UK's EU membership was the best situation out of any other possible outcomes by leaving for the UK.  That in itself has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with one's sentiments towards other nationals or people of other colours and hues.  Too much about her points to that. Nee can just begin with her time as Home Secretary.

Liste to these two voice recording from a popular radio show which is presented by Iain Dale, a staunch leaver.

Since the past few months I've been complaining about the lies being told by the politicians themselves and in some cases just plain old ignorance and stupidity like for example Dominic Raab who all of a sudden one day was caught saying that he was shocked to find out that the Dover/Callais crossing was of utter importance to our trade movement.

So not in all cases has it been blatant lies, but yes in most, if not 95% were fibbing, and everything you hear now on leaving the EU will be better in any way shape or form to remaining, ARE TOTAL AND UTTER LIARS!

@Dr. Gonzo... What I was telling you about how the liars aren't being challenged when they use the media.  Iain Dale blatantly tells this caller that he shouldn't change his mind and that the lawyer that has advised him is a liar... Can you believe that!  Iain Dale on a national radio station tells this caller that the truth is a lie!

There is a very big problem in the UK...  There is a massive problem in the United Kingdom, and it's even more catastrophic (incredibly) than leaving the EU.

This country is run by incompetence, the opposition is also incompetent and they LIE to trick you into believing what they want you to believe.  We always thought politicians were fibbers, but Brexit has taught us and shown us that the problem is much much worse than first thought.

UK 'could build new military bases around world after Brexit'

Mr Williamson said that Brexit would allow the UK to change the 1960s policy of withdrawal from regions “east of Suez”. 

The UK could become a “true global player” after Brexit by opening new military bases in the Caribbean and Far East, the defence secretary has claimed.

"Canada, New Zealand, Caribbean states and nations across Africa would look to the UK for “the moral leadership, the military leadership and the global leadership”."

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!

:x:x:x:x:x:x

Rule the waves and que rulen los porros.

Edited by Kowabunga

On 30/12/2018 at 22:58, Kowabunga said:

UK 'could build new military bases around world after Brexit'

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!

:x:x:x:x:x:x

Rule the waves and que rulen los porros.

From the Yorkshirepost:

"If remainers win, Britain will be punished by the EU for daring to challenge its authority. Germany may well sieze the opportunity to score back for its humiliation in 1914 and 1945."

xD:congrats:

:x:x

• The title was changed to UK Politics & Brexit Discussion
  • The topic was pinned