talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

First Cameron, now May. Have Tories fucked the country up?

In fairness to May, she's not as cowardly as Cameron, in fact she's quite the glutton for punishment.

In answer to your question; yes, although their current incarnation is just one in a long line of terrible governments we've had.

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

In fairness to May, she's not as cowardly as Cameron, in fact she's quite the glutton for punishment.

In answer to your question; yes, although their current incarnation is just one in a long line of terrible governments we've had.

I'm totally an outsider on this debate but fuck I have some sympathy for your current PM. Seems to be in about the most impossible of political positions that i can imagine and with a shit load of urgency. I'd give her credit simply still breathing given the pressure that must be upon her. 

12 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

May survives the vote of no confidence at least. Has offered a meeting with all party leaders to discuss Brexit tonight.

Except that due to the back door of getting into Downing Street being shut, Labour have now thrown their toys out the pram and Corbyn has decided to speak with her unless a no deal Brexit was ruled out.

Surely by not talking means a no deal Brexit is more likely.

11 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Except that due to the back door of getting into Downing Street being shut, Labour have now thrown their toys out the pram and Corbyn has decided to speak with her unless a no deal Brexit was ruled out.

Surely by not talking means a no deal Brexit is more likely.

Yeah, I agree with you. I really want to like Corbyn, but I constantly find myself questioning his approach. Honestly, I've said it before and I'll say it again, it seems like it doesn't matter which party it is nowadays - if you're in a leadership role in a party in Britain, you're probably incompetent and you're definitely in way over your head.

I don't know if it's always been that way, and I'm just older now so I can see it a bit clearly... but it certainly feels like the overall level of competence in the party leaders has generally been completely eroded. And I don't know if it's just because May and Corbyn are both piss poor orators and I have memories of Blaire and Cameron (both of which, I must add, are two giant bags of dogshite disguised as people who then led the fucking country). But even compared to those two awful excuses for human beings, May and Corbyn come off looking way more inept. Maybe it's because they're left squabbling over the mess Cameron left behind.

May being propped up by DUP is a joke though and now we've got this totally shite PM who is tremendously unpopular, incapable of negotiating anything with the EU that will pass a vote here, and continuing to stare uncertainty in the face with this absolute joke of a PM still holding the reigns. I miss the day where DUP were a fringe party of barely any political relevance, instead of being a fringe party that's keeping a dogshite PM at the helm.

16 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, I agree with you. I really want to like Corbyn, but I constantly find myself questioning his approach. Honestly, I've said it before and I'll say it again, it seems like it doesn't matter which party it is nowadays - if you're in a leadership role in a party in Britain, you're probably incompetent and you're definitely in way over your head.

I don't know if it's always been that way, and I'm just older now so I can see it a bit clearly... but it certainly feels like the overall level of competence in the party leaders has generally been completely eroded. And I don't know if it's just because May and Corbyn are both piss poor orators and I have memories of Blaire and Cameron (both of which, I must add, are two giant bags of dogshite disguised as people who then led the fucking country). But even compared to those two awful excuses for human beings, May and Corbyn come off looking way more inept. Maybe it's because they're left squabbling over the mess Cameron left behind.

May being propped up by DUP is a joke though and now we've got this totally shite PM who is tremendously unpopular, incapable of negotiating anything with the EU that will pass a vote here, and continuing to stare uncertainty in the face with this absolute joke of a PM still holding the reigns. I miss the day where DUP were a fringe party of barely any political relevance, instead of being a fringe party that's keeping a dogshite PM at the helm.

I don't think politicians these days are incompetent honestly. I think is become a lot harder to be a politician in the current age. 

The economic fundamentals are way shakier,  political discourse is way nastier,  and every word you ever say is recorded to be used against you later. I don't envy them at all...

On 16/01/2019 at 19:34, LFCMike said:

As expected. Being propped up by them DUP nutters.

What a mess

Yes because the DUP are going to back a no confidence motion in a government they have a position in to side with a terrorist sympathiser, one who was perfectly prepared to “sit down” with the IRA an organisation that tried to kill her (Arlene Fosters) father by shooting him and her when she survived a bomb on a bus. 

What mess you talking about? It says far more about the absolute lunatic Corbyn is that he even tried the total moron 🤣

14 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Shitting themselves, I’m currently speaking at work with a large German firm that had centralised purchasing in Germany and supplies the U.K. site themselves via a weekly lorry, Germans are very nationalistic over industry.  Now though they’re looking to return to U.K. supply creating U.K. jobs? Why They’re preparing for Brexit, businesses will adapt and overcome. 

The German lady I deal with who has lived over hear actually said from her point of view she’s pro because it makes her job easier. 

Of course they’ll be losers but it’s not all doom and gloom mate, one of their original suppliers is based in cardiff, hopefully they get the business back. 

3 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Yes because the DUP are going to back a no confidence motion in a government they have a position in to side with a terrorist sympathiser, one who was perfectly prepared to “sit down” with the IRA an organisation that tried to kill her (Arlene Fosters) father by shooting him and her when she survived a bomb on a bus. 

What mess you talking about? It says far more about the absolute lunatic Corbyn is that he even tried the total moron 🤣

Shitting themselves, I’m currently speaking at work with a large German firm that had centralised purchasing in Germany and supplies the U.K. site themselves via a weekly lorry, Germans are very nationalistic over industry.  Now though they’re looking to return to U.K. supply creating U.K. jobs? Why They’re preparing for Brexit, businesses will adapt and overcome. 

The German lady I deal with who has lived over hear actually said from her point of view she’s pro because it makes her job easier. 

Of course they’ll be losers but it’s not all doom and gloom mate, one of their original suppliers is based in cardiff, hopefully they get the business back. 

By the standards with which you can call Corbyn a terrorist sympathiser, the DUP are outright terrorists. 

And in any case support for terror has been British government policy for decades, the only issue people have with Corbyn is that he doesn't pick the right purveyors of terror - like the UDF, the House of Saud, Pol Pot or Augusto Pinochet.

Edited by Inverted

7 hours ago, Inverted said:

By the standards with which you can call Corbyn a terrorist sympathiser, the DUP are outright terrorists. 

And in any case support for terror has been British government policy for decades, the only issue people have with Corbyn is that he doesn't pick the right purveyors of terror - like the UDF, the House of Saud, Pol Pot or Augusto Pinochet.

Yep we back shithouses, but the harsh reality of life is you’re either the oppressed or the oppressors. 

Corbyn is so full of self loathing over it he’s prepared to willingly invite the oppressed to swap positions. Of course you omitted Iran, Hamas & Chavez all who Corbyn has backed in the last ten years. 

• The title was changed to UK Politics & Brexit Discussion
  • The topic was pinned