talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

Alba: A Wildlife Adventure is such a wholesome experience. Anyone who has young kids who already play video games should play this with them. It sends such a positive message as well. 

6 hours ago, nudge said:

I got several games during the Christmas sale, too. TheHunter: Call of the Wild, Alba: A Wildlife Adventure (thanks @Tommy), The Expanse: A Telltale Series, Disco Elysium, Assassin's Creed I: Director's Cut, and also installed Palia, a new free MMO game...

Is that via Steam?

I must resist the urge if that's the case.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Is that via Steam?

I must resist the urge if that's the case.

Some via Steam, some via Epic Games... Steam didn't allow me to change my region so I'm a bit annoyed with them, but it led me to using Epic Games more and I found out games I wanted were selling cheaper on there in the first place lol

11 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Well Christmas has come and gone (more or less) and have got RE4 Remake and Mario Bros Wonder, as well as a pre order for Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth.

When my assignment is finished, I'll be starting on one of these methinks.

😮

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Some via Steam, some via Epic Games... Steam didn't allow me to change my region so I'm a bit annoyed with them, but it led me to using Epic Games more and I found out games I wanted were selling cheaper on there in the first place lol

Ah fair enough. Never tried the Epic Game Store.

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

Got a nice little backlog following my birthday (November) and Christmas. 

Playing Spider-Man 2 and absolutely loving it, just as good as the first and the Miles Morales spin-off. Quite touching how I played MM while my wife was pregnant and now I'm playing the new game with my daughter under my arm as she's obsessed with anything Spidey related! It's so wholesome. 

I started Starfield but heh, it's alright ain't it - 6/10. I'll finish it but it'll be in the background. I'm saving AC: Mirage which I'm actually looking forward to. I played about half an hour just to give it a spin but want to give it the time it deserves, so that's next after SM2 - again, I've got that on my Xbox. 

On the side, I noticed that XIII was on offer for just £3 on the PS Store. I wanted to play it on the original Xbox but never ended up buying it, always wanted to do the remaster but wasn't paying £30-40. I've beaten about 6-7 missions and really enjoying it so far, creatively it's beautiful and easy to see why it's got such a cult following, will certainly finish it inside this month.

Will certainly try out the animal game that @Tommymentioned too. Did a quick Google and think that would be great to play with my little one. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

i got fallout 76 since it is on special, it is a better game today, I also got the full Borderlands 3 set which is a absolutely brilliant game.

I'm thinking of getting Dayz while games are very cheap on steam

I liked all the borderlands games - I think 2 was the best, but I still thought 3 was very good.

Fallout 76 has come a long ways since launch. It's also weirdly the least toxic multiplayer community I've ever seen in a game now. Back when I started it was awful because there would be high level people waiting for new players and then would just immediately keep killing them.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing with friends co-OP BL3, probably  the best looter shooter/RPG money can buy.  Steam recently had the full deck available for maybe 15 dollars, that's all the DLC, skins, keys and other content club goodies.

I had the epic games version and just ported it to steam and crashed in on cheap deals to super size the game.

What I like about BL3 in 2024 vs 2020 is that every character can be overkill and not like BL2 where Salvador,  Gaige and Krieg were very far ahead in the damage output, yes Zero can bore kill but very few raid bosses had bore capable crits, solo zero in murderlain temple or dragon peak was nearly impossible for zero, Axton and Maya were fun characters but neither had any boosted damage bluffs.

On 02/01/2024 at 00:10, Goku de la Boca said:

@Bluebird Hewitt I beat Donkey Kong Country bananaless.

You can translate my video to English with the subtitles. It is actually a very accurate translation.

I'll have to have a look at that at some point. I do like Donkey Kong Country, but never came close to full completion.

For me, I've got a break from uni until 1st Feb, so giving Mario Wonder a run out. Really liking it so far, even if it is a little trippy at times. xD

9 hours ago, Panflute said:

Finished Heavy Rain since it's available on Steam these days. God, that was shockingly bad. Incredible how people back in the day used this as the go-to example of video games being art.

JASOOOOON

On 29/01/2024 at 03:55, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fully completed Mario Trippy @Mel81x and @Harry. Cracking game in fairness, and just in time as well.

Think I'll look to finish off Advance Wars Dark Conflict, as I was right nesr the end of that and stopped for some reason.

That sounds like me with Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.... Awesome game, I just lost momentum playing games for a couple of weeks with a busy work period, then couldn't wrap my head back around where I was in the plot, so started playing Wonder instead.

I've googled "Mario trippy"and been confused by the results... You're talking about Mario wonder? Or something unofficial?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

That sounds like me with Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.... Awesome game, I just lost momentum playing games for a couple of weeks with a busy work period, then couldn't wrap my head back around where I was in the plot, so started playing Wonder instead.

I've googled "Mario trippy"and been confused by the results... You're talking about Mario wonder? Or something unofficial?

Mario Wonder. I only call it Mario Trippy because it goes bat shit weird when you get a Wonder Flower in most stages. xD

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 30/01/2024 at 01:37, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Mario Wonder. I only call it Mario Trippy because it goes bat shit weird when you get a Wonder Flower in most stages. xD

You're not wrong there. Its a superb game in its own right and I had such a good time playing it too.

• Subscriber

Spent two hours playing the new Tekken today and I now understand why so many people are praising this game. Its fluid and all the little things like heat rush, etc just make combat so much more fun. 

12 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Spent two hours playing the new Tekken today and I now understand why so many people are praising this game. Its fluid and all the little things like heat rush, etc just make combat so much more fun. 

Think the last Tekken I played wad Tekken Tag Tournament, where I played bowling more than fighting. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Think the last Tekken I played wad Tekken Tag Tournament, where I played bowling more than fighting. 

Its such a weird fighting game imo. They have so many variations and yet when you watch tournaments or any pros playing its almost like they drop all the variations for very few strict combinations that work right. Still, super fun game and definitely one of the better games of the last few years.

• Subscriber

So i finished my second entire play through of cyberpunk + phantom liberty. I am blown away. I completed everything I think this time around and finished all ending options. Idk if its my favourite game thats like choosing a favourite child but it definitely is. Ive now logged over 160 hours in it and i just cant get enough.

Time for a break though and moving back into some Hogwarts Legacy and Metro Exodus and to a lesser extent finishing off Jedi Fallen order.

• Upvote 2