talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Netherlands 2-2(p) Argentina - Friday 9th December, 2022

football forum

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Netherlands vs Argentina - Friday 9th December, 2022
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read people saying Argentina are clear favorites for this one, but I don't agree with that, especially after what we've seen from them so far, with lackluster performances.

In five previous games, two wins each and one draw, in 2006.

Holland to end Messi's dream of WC glory.

2-1

Well it's 1-0 to Van Gaal already because he's suckered in Scaloni to changing Argentina's shape to match the Dutch threat. 

In doing so, it's at the detriment of his best player who isn't in the game at all.

Argentina need to change this shape at HT. It's not working for Messi and it's not working for them, and going by how influential one man has been for this team, I'd be trying to switch tactics to get the best out of your talisman.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Well it's 1-0 to Van Gaal already because he's suckered in Scaloni to changing Argentina's shape to match the Dutch threat. 

In doing so, it's at the detriment of his best player who isn't in the game at all.

Argentina need to change this shape at HT. It's not working for Messi and it's not working for them, and going by how influential one man has been for this team, I'd be trying to switch tactics to get the best out of your talisman.

And just like that, Messi makes the opener out of nowhere.

Fucking Football. Why bother trying to dissect it...

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Netherlands 2-2(p) Argentina - Friday 9th December, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived