talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Semi-Final - Argentina 3-0 Croatia - Tuesday 13th December, 2022

football forum

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Croatia are fucked tbh. They're good everywhere on the pitch except the final third and now they've got to score at least 2 goals.

I just can't see it happening. Especially not if Lovren's going to be having one of those games where he just makes silly errors like playing the entire stadium onside right before that penalty.

Lovren and Gvardiol ironically could be Croatias biggest goal threats for the remainder of this game.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Lovren and Gvardiol ironically could be Croatias biggest goal threats for the remainder of this game.

Sidenote: how shit must it be to have to head a ball with a broken cheek or whatever Gvardiol's playing with right now?

Bet it feels fucking unpleasant.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sidenote: how shit must it be to have to head a ball with a broken cheek or whatever Gvardiol's playing with right now?

Bet it feels fucking unpleasant.

Reminds me of Vidic, maybe even enjoys the pain. 🤣

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah, Alvarez kind of runs into him and knocks him down, the goal was inevitable but still under the rules it would be seen as impeding the goalkeeper, right?

I must have missed that. 

Given the attacker is in possession of the ball, and has taken the shot to score, the goalkeeper is impeded from doing what, given the ball is already in the net? 

Gvardiol has been one of the best players in this tournament. Really has. Hardly seen any attacker get the better of him one on one.

But he's just been roasted there.

Love him or hate him, you can't not acknowledge the brilliance of Messi in making that goal there.

• The title was changed to Semi-Final - Argentina 3-0 Croatia - Tuesday 13th December, 2022
  • Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

Gvardiol has been one of the best players in this tournament.

But he's just been roasted there.

Love him or hate him, you can't not acknowledge the brilliance of Messi there.

Don't get how anyone thinks Messi isn't the greatest of all time. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I must have missed that. 

Given the attacker is in possession of the ball, and has taken the shot to score, the goalkeeper is impeded from doing what, given the ball is already in the net? 

It wasn’t in the net yet. It was about to be, but at the same time, if you interpret the situation like that you could also make the argument, what was Alvarez impeded from doing if a defender was going to get to the ball first anyway?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Don't get how anyone thinks Messi isn't the greatest of all time. 

Maradona, Ronaldo, Messi, Brazil Ronaldo and Zidane.

Take your pick out of that lot for me.

Ronaldinho would have been a part of it if he could have kept it going.

Those players I mentioned lifted their teams beyond others on their own and were majestic in every manner.

Can't comment on Pele, Best and Cruyff as I have only seen bits of coverage.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Spike said:

It wasn’t in the net yet. It was about to be, but at the same time, if you interpret the situation like that you could also make the argument, what was Alvarez impeded from doing if a defender was going to get to the ball first anyway?

Going towards the ball and getting a block on the defender's clearance perhaps. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived