talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

1 minute ago, Machado said:

Woah.. I generally couldn't care less about this matter but that's a new level of plastic.

Would hang my head in shame if I stopped supporting Benfica because I moved to China and the time zone is fucked.

I have to get up at 4:30 sometimes if I want to catch a match now that I'm not in the UK anymore.

game-of-thrones-jaime-lannister-is-the-p

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Machado said:

Woah.. I generally couldn't care less about this matter but that's a new level of plastic.

Would hang my head in shame if I stopped supporting Benfica because I moved to China and the time zone is fucked.

I didn't stop supporting my team at random. I had many motives mostly due to my career, but yes I'm probably the only person in the world who Glory hunts Perth.

And I don't care that I do either.

With Arda Turan gone out on loan it’s released the number 7 and it was obvious he was going to take that number. It was obvious Arda was on his way out because after a week Coutinho hadn’t had a number given to him and enither has he taken one.  Many thought had Arda have stayed that he would’ve taken the 14.

• Subscriber
On 1/9/2018 at 06:04, Machado said:

I wonder if you'd even get the chance to catch those games in China considering how their TV network is setup but then there are always streams. It's generally pretty late here when I catch Champions League games or the odd mid-week game that starts around 1:30 am but I try and catch as many as I can although I am working at the time.

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, José said:

Goes completely off-topic, all for a cheap blow. @MarcxD can they give this dude the staff member of the year already. 

Pobrecito! :(

As relevant as citing a social media troll and not looking to debate, but just carry it on from social media onto the forum.  Be careful or you'll receive a warning for blatant trolling son. :ay:

8 minutes ago, José said:

Talk about abusing power 101 just cause my ON topic post(regardless if it's a tweet) got you all rattled up xD bookmarking this page as it highlights what I've been calling out . Should I send you my posts via PM and get your approval mate? 

Not abusing power chico.  Doing my duty as trolling (blatant) isn't permitted and much less since you and your amigos made it part of what you do to a large extent on here.

Nobody is rattled... Just rattling the rattle for the baby.  Canta y no llores litolindo. :twothumbsup:

Coutinho was on the sidelines through injury for nearly a month and is now having to work his way back into the line up. Before injury he was often a key player and I'm sure he will continue to be so once he gets back into the swing of things.

It's quite a deep squad at the moment and a lot of players are starting to perform now while others are picking up injuries and knocks. When a player like Coutinho can come back from injury and not walk straight back into the side, then it shows the type of depth we are dealing with right now.

It was only the same with Dembele and now that he's proving himself, he's back in the line up and is one of the first names on the team-sheet.

Personally I'd like to see Dembele and COurinho in the same line up again, with the Brazilian playing as more of an attacking midfielder with Rakitic and Busquets. I think this is when the team played their best football this season, when the front 3 was Messi, Suarez and Dembele, with Coutinho playing a more attacking midfield role. It counted for some strong performances and big scorelines earlier in the season such as the 8-2 vs Huesca or 4-0 vs PSV.

4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Coutinho was on the sidelines through injury for nearly a month and is now having to work his way back into the line up. Before injury he was often a key player and I'm sure he will continue to be so once he gets back into the swing of things.

It's quite a deep squad at the moment and a lot of players are starting to perform now while others are picking up injuries and knocks. When a player like Coutinho can come back from injury and not walk straight back into the side, then it shows the type of depth we are dealing with right now.

It was only the same with Dembele and now that he's proving himself, he's back in the line up and is one of the first names on the team-sheet.

Personally I'd like to see Dembele and COurinho in the same line up again, with the Brazilian playing as more of an attacking midfielder with Rakitic and Busquets. I think this is when the team played their best football this season, when the front 3 was Messi, Suarez and Dembele, with Coutinho playing a more attacking midfield role. It counted for some strong performances and big scorelines earlier in the season such as the 8-2 vs Huesca or 4-0 vs PSV.

Are you sure it isn't because Valverde has a phobia where Brazilians are concerned mate? :(

Just now, SirBalon said:

Are you sure it isn't because Valverde has a phobia where Brazilians are concerned mate? :(

xD

Coutinho and Arthur, before injury, were both 2 of the most key players. They soon will be again and for me, the 2 of them and Dembele can be compatible in the same side.

To be honest, both Dembele and Vidal looked they were going to be problematic a month ago and now they are 2 of the first names on the team-sheet.

31 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

xD

Coutinho and Arthur, before injury, were both 2 of the most key players. They soon will be again and for me, the 2 of them and Dembele can be compatible in the same side.

To be honest, both Dembele and Vidal looked they were going to be problematic a month ago and now they are 2 of the first names on the team-sheet.

Of course...

Coutinho was injured and he's been working his way back into the team with Arthur having had a fantastic start to his Barcelona career and needs no disputing.  Arthur has had the odd low profile game which is understandable and totally acceptable in his very first season in Europe and in a totally different environment with Barcelona by comparison to Grêmio back home.

At the same time anyone that knows La Liga well and has followed it over the past decade or more will also know quite a bit about Ernesto Valverde and how he works.  Just take Beñat at Athletic Bilbao for example who with Valverde found it extremely difficult to fit into how he wanted his team to work and that's that Valverde publicly rated Beñat alot.  That's more than just curious!

Arturo Vidal who had been given Valverde's blessing to be signed by the club has found it hard to get game time for the coach and even went into almighty strops when Valverde wasn't selecting him or putting him on in final minutes of games.  That's just two examples of countless throughout Valverde's career as a professional coach in Spain.

So neither Coutinho or anyone other than Messi can count on the fact that they have their place assured while he is the head coach.  Rakitić himself had issues last season and this year the Croatian has been one of the club's top top performers and has for me been one of the best players on the continent so far this year.  He is constantly receiving rave reviews in the Spanish media.

But Teso, José or whatever he wants to be called, chooses and selects the Madrid media cavern to try and trick those that aren't in tune with La Liga week in week out...  Because it's not important if it's for example something based on the Premier League where he can be found out by 80% of the members on here, this is a different kettle of fish and it's my duty to put it right and show its trolling as per usual with him. Like posting some bloke on social media and trying to portray it as some sort of opinion with weight.

• 2 weeks later...

He had a good first season, maybe a dip in form. Critics in Spain say that he he needs to keep the ball moving, which is the Barca way. Rather then take to many touches and slow the game down.

• Subscriber

Can't be arsed digging much deeper than his league stats but they stand at 35 games, 26 starts, 12 goals, 7 assists.

It's not horrific or on the levels of Torres but given the fee they paid, on that evidence it's a gross overpayment, but didn't we already know that?

I'm not that shocked. I said when Liverpool fought to keep him at the start of last season that they should take the money because they already had a better player in Mane. By middle of last season when the transfer happened Salah had come in and performed better than both, which made it an even bigger mugging off of Barcelona on Liverpool's part given that I'm pretty sure the fee had increased from the summer as well.

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Can't be arsed digging much deeper than his league stats but they stand at 35 games, 26 starts, 12 goals, 7 assists.

It's not horrific or on the levels of Torres but given the fee they paid, on that evidence it's a gross overpayment, but didn't we already know that?

I'm not that shocked. I said when Liverpool fought to keep him at the start of last season that they should take the money because they already had a better player in Mane. By middle of last season when the transfer happened Salah had come in and performed better than both, which made it an even bigger mugging off of Barcelona on Liverpool's part given that I'm pretty sure the fee had increased from the summer as well.

Pretty much this. Lesson to Barcelona. Just because you spend 150m doesn't mean you're getting a 150m player. 

He shoots too often and can produce the exceptional but not with the frequency of neymar's for example. 

5 hours ago, Pep Talk said:

But we knew he wasn’t worth that much just a price they had to pay.

Maybe Barca can do a neymar for Coutinho plus cash offer.

Why would anyone take that deal. And why would neymar go back? Surely his next destination is real Madrid or much less likely man city?

12 hours ago, Harry said:

Pretty much this. Lesson to Barcelona. Just because you spend 150m doesn't mean you're getting a 150m player. 

He shoots too often and can produce the exceptional but not with the frequency of neymar's for example. 

They've been run so poorly ever since Rosell stepped down. 

Could you imagine where they would be without Messi?

1 minute ago, José said:

Great point. Maybe without Messi (replaced by Neymar or Ronaldo) they would of probably ended the four year CL drought. 

Maybe. But Barca actually only value the CL when the league is won as well, so it probably would of been looked down upon. 

• The topic was locked

Archived