talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

My posts relating to the Coutinho saga have been entirely relevant mate, just you don't want them to be and have made up your mind which I can understand in a world which relates to a tribal psychosis. We're all suceptible to this!

Everything else is what I was alluding to... Don't see to many people posting stuff about slating Real Madrid's tax issues, their misdemeanours on the transfer ban for the same thing as Barcelona (Atlético Madrid too for that matter) or also all the rules PSG have been breaking in their attempt to be a proper football club.  This where I've chosen a few off the top of my head...

I said why this occurs... Because of the status the club (Barça) has and coupled with the fact both Suárez and Coutinho have been snatched then I get it.  Put it this way... You don't see Barcelona fans complaining about how their youth players are tapped up by Premier League clubs every year without informing FCB. 

Real Madrid and PSG. Playing the whataboutery game with two of the most immoral football clubs on the planet isn't a good look mate xD

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Burning Gold said:

Real Madrid and PSG. Playing the whataboutery game with two of the most immoral football clubs on the planet isn't a good look mate xD

But they're clubs mate and not as much hooh-hah has been made about it.  I remember Messi's tax evasion thread (in the old forum) had 1000 posts while Cristiano's hasn't even got going... Considering Cristiano Ronaldo's tax evasion case is one that multiplies Messi's 10 fold.  It's all about the dish of the day mate.

Barcelona isn't perfect and has been said, their board isn't something that has many sympathisers with the real Barça faithful themselves.  I've said all this before but the club seems to be the one at fault.

We're going nowhere with this mate... You feel like that, it's your opinion and that's fine.  But from there to reality there's a long margin.

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
2 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Antonio said it long time ago, not worth that kind of money. Barcelona just paid double (triple for Dembele) for Cou. Just imagine if they had invested half of that on La Masia. This club has lost its credibility (ex president in jail and the current one is heading that way) no wonder all the young players are jumping ship. I thought the shady Neymar/rossell deal was bad.

How many trophies did Cou win with liverpool? 😂

Why do you keep going on about La Masia? It isn't some magical hole that money is poured into and elite talent is shat out. Throwing money at an academy doesn't make kids  faster, smarter, more determined, it just means more money is being wasted on nothing. If there is an absence of young talent around Barcelona and Catalonia, there is an absence of talent, there is literally nothing that can be done about it, just like how nothing can be done to foster a 'golden generation'. You do realise every academy has it's ups and downs, that is why United have produced exactly one decent players since Fergie's kids; or how Ajax has produced nothing of note since Sneijder and van der Vaart; even the Belgian defenders Vertonghen and Alderweireld came from other academies first.

A discussion on La Masia doesn't belong here but just to quickly finish the discussion...

FC Barcelona continue to put money into La Masia, infact more money each year.  Money isn't the issue as Spike pointed out because the problem comes from two issues.

1. A golden generation comes along when it does and it's chance.
  2. This present board is partly to blame because they've got a spending philosophy as has been witnessed and put pressure on whoever the coach is to play the players they sign.

There ARE very talented youngsters coming through and one can only hope that they will be introduced as time goes by because otherwise they'll just go and play elsewhere because a player only gets one career while the club remains.

Why do people care about who others support? People can support who they want. I chose to support Perth Glory a year ago after I began to fall out with Universitario, their games are all at 5 am for me. Who cares honestly, it's an international sport.

On 1/6/2018 at 9:32 PM, Spike said:

Oscar wasn't a flop.

I would agree with Cicero that Oscar was a flop. Had a year or 2 of glory and then became shite. He was poor at Chelsea for a while before he left for China.

On 11/30/2017 at 0:09 PM, RandoEFC said:

This. We've been having this debate for at least five years since I first came across Kel on TFF.

I was born on the Isle of Man and I now live on the Isle of Man so obviously I can't go to games but I still plan most of my weekends around making sure I can watch the Everton game and I still scream like I did last night when we score and it still ruins my weekend when we lose so I will laugh in anyone's face who tries to tell me I'm not a real supporter just because I was born in a particular place.

It's boring how rattled people get about what a 'real fan' is. Fine if you think I'm less of a fan because I'm not from Liverpool. Move on from it, or would you respect me more if I stopped supporting Everton because someone on the internet I've never met said I can't support them because I'm not a Scouser?

On 1/6/2018 at 5:35 PM, RandoEFC said:

Thank God I'm not the only one who finds this so confusing and weird.

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

Hope he struggles to find his feet for the rest of the season. Completely fucked up our season by insisting on a move mid way. Prick.

I get how you feel... I wanted Cesc to suffer the same fate when he moved to Barcelona and in the larger scheme of things that’s what occured as he never found his feet considering so much hooh-hah was made of the DNA and going back home.  He couldn’t get to grips with his position and then coaches started to play him as a false 9 at times.

But it isn’t irrational because these players simply want to move on and it’s all about how they do it.

Some of the quotes from Philippe Coutinho who is at this moment going through his presentation in front of the media and later on the fans;

”I will always be thankfull to Liverpool FC and the fans because it’s the club that has made me who I am today and given me the possibility to grow as a footballer.”

”I can’t describe the feeling I am going through even now speaking in front of you all. I can’t believe I’ve just signed a contract with FC Barcelona which is something every child that loves football must dream of. If as a child someone tells you that you’ve got the chance to play with Messi, Suárez, Iniesta, Busquets and Piqué, what do you say and how do you feel?”

”I want to thank my agent most of all because even though I knew Barcelona had been following me even when I was on loan at Espanyol, they never approached me personally. I just knew it was happening and all I could do is try and grow. But last summer was the first time Barcelona got in touch with my agent and I couldn’t believe it. From that moment on I just wanted the chance to officially put on that shirt and play with my idols.”

”We have worked extremely hard to make this happen from our end and I also want to thank the Barcelona president and the club for having patience with the sensitive situation and promising my agent that they would try one more time in this January transfer window. There were moments where I thought it wasn’t going to happen even to the last minute. But in the end my dream comes true!”

Coutinho is one of the few young players I successfully predicted to become world class since I began following football, but I began following him when he joined Liverpool. Wouldn't call it so impressive on my part.

I remember when he first joined Liverpool he put in some magical passes but still had work to do on his shooting technique. I said that if he gets that straight, he'd become completely world class. He exceeded my expectations as he learned that and also became more versatile. Not quite Neymar, but he's good enough to play for Barcelona for sure.

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Coutinho is one of the few young players I successfully predicted to become world class since I began following football, but I began following him when he joined Liverpool. Wouldn't call it so impressive on my part.

I remember when he first joined Liverpool he put in some magical passes but still had work to do on his shooting technique. I said that if he gets that straight, he'd become completely world class. He exceeded my expectations as he learned that and also became more versatile. Not quite Neymar, but he's good enough to play for Barcelona for sure.

Used to be one of his biggest critics but I'll back the claim that he is Neymar's level. Just hasn't had the opportunity yet. 

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Bit pathetic that sort of reaction, ideally no player would ever want to leave but Barcelona can offer him the highest stage consistently. Liverpool are building something and it's unfortunate to lose him but he's not from here and Liverpool have been healthily rewarded.

Eh, I think any player that fakes injury to get a "dream move" is a cunt. It's his fault he stayed on until January by signing that 5 year contract. Then he weaseled out of it. Yeah, we've been compensated pretty nicely for him leaving. But it is something that now brings some instability to our season, where we've obviously got a bit of a fight up ahead. I think it's understandable for any Liverpool fan to think very little of him for the way he went about seeking his move - just like I think very little of Suarez for the way he tried to force his way to Arsenal. To say he "still loves the club" after feigning an injury before a CL qualifying match is ridiculous.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Fakes injury? He's been confirmed injured by Barcelona hasn't he. 

I assume you must loath Van Dijk then because he behaved far worse than Coutinho did.

Not the recent injury I think Gonzo was talking about when the qualifier before the CL for this season kicked off. 

7 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Fakes injury? He's been confirmed injured by Barcelona hasn't he. 

I assume you must loath Van Dijk then because he behaved far worse than Coutinho did.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/philippe-coutinho-liverpool-transfer-news-barcelona-jurgen-klopp-plans-january-transfer-window-a8146376.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

This is not the injury he's got now. His lower back injury that, upon having a scan by the club's medical staff, the club discovered there was nothing wrong with him at all. The club decided to play along with his injury rather than have further distraction of having to admit he was faking injury to force a move before our CL qualification campaign.

Van Dijk is 100% a total fucking cunt as well. Great player, but total cunt for how he treated Southampton. And if he does the same thing to us, I won't be surprised because we've seen it's basically his nature. Coutinho recently signed a contract and spouted off some shite about how he wants to win shit at Liverpool and how that would mean more than winning things at Real Madrid or Barca. Then a few months later he has his head fucking turned and wants to play at Barca.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Blue said:

:ph34r:

Again, I've completely explained how this is completely different and that it's totally up to whoever to support or follow whoever the fuck they want, just find it slightly odd how many people on here seem to have Barcelona as a second club even if @SirBalon, @Cannabis and @The Rebel CRS all individually have perfectly valid reasons (not that they need them and for the record guys I wasn't tarring anyone with the same brush as Kenny from Sierra Leone or whatever it was I just haven't had time to respond).

Well done on digging that up though, hope it didn't take too many hours and at least you got a +1 for it... 

Social media is a horrible place for football fans, especially twitter(I never really noticed much about football on facebook as I never looked out for it on there), youtube and other sites like sky sports, espn, or marca for the Spanish speakers. All clubs in Europe attract them nowadays at that, or you have ones who are attracted more by one individual player. You see the worst of modern day football fans on sites of this nature.

But I think this forum is quite free of those types.

11 hours ago, Blue said:

I chose to support Perth Glory a year ago after I began to fall out with Universitario, their games are all at 5 am for me.

Woah.. I generally couldn't care less about this matter but that's a new level of plastic.

Would hang my head in shame if I stopped supporting Benfica because I moved to China and the time zone is fucked.

Archived