talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

LMS League 2022-23 - Round 6 (Eredivisie)

football forum

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Results - Gameweek Four

Casualties (6)

The final day of the Eredivisie season proper saw a serious upset as whipping boys Cambuur upset RKC Waalwijk with a 4-0 hammering out of seemingly nowhere, eliminating @Tommy, @Redcanuck, @Lucas, @Viva la FCB and @CaaC (John) from this round of the competition. There was another upset at Feyenoord, where the runaway Dutch champions were beaten 1-0 by Vitesse, costing @Whiskey his place in the next Gameweek.

Survivors (9)

The final day antics mean we are now down into single figures ahead of the European Playoff games we'll use to decide this final round of the season. Heerenveen enter the Playoffs with winning momentum, having seen off Go Ahead Eagles 2-0 to put @Stan, @Rick and @Rucksackfranzose safely through to Gameweek Five. Joining Heerenveen in the Playoffs are FC Utrecht, who secured a 3-2 win over FC Emmen with ten men thanks to a Nick Viergever header which sends @nudge, @DeadLinesman, @Michael, @Bluewolf and @6666 through. @RandoEFC was the only one to clear the latest hurdle without using up one of the four teams involved in the Playoffs, as FC Volendam held on for a 3-2 win at home to Excelsior on Sunday.

Congratulations on your progress! Please read ahead for the Gameweek Five details.

1892766035_ScreenShot2023-05-30at08_34_05.png.0d3b39f51d663f92a1ceb716ea6dbff3.png

Preview - Gameweek Five

We will be using the first leg of the European Playoffs as our Gameweek Five, with the two games taking place on Thursday 1 June. With only four teams to choose from, make sure you have double-checked which teams you've already had!

SC Heerenveen vs FC Twente

FC Utrecht vs Sparta Rotterdam

My pick for Gameweek Five is FC Utrecht.

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Stan said:

Let's see what happens and then I'll decide xD. I think in the past we've done a fresh slate and then people complained, so for the tournament editions I've just said tough to people who ran out of teams and people complained so let's see what happens.

• Subscriber

Results - Gameweek Five

Apologies but I'm in a massive rush to get this turned around for Sunday so no fancy waffling. Below are the results for Gameweek Five. 

1958199457_ScreenShot2023-06-02at10_30_09.thumb.jpg.e81a314a438ee59ed5a890b2786a64c9.jpg

Survived: @nudge @Stan @DeadLinesman @Michael @Bluewolf @6666 @Rucksackfranzose

Out: @RandoEFC @Rick

It's complicated with these playoffs so I'm just going to try to be fair to everyone by wiping the slate clean for the second leg. Everyone gets a free pick - then we can use the final match with first goalscorer and time of first goal picks as a tie breaker if needed. Sorry if this annoys anyone who has tried to plan ahead but it's just a game!

Fixtures are on Sunday:

FC Twente vs SC Heerenveen

Sparta Rotterdam vs FC Utrecht

Good luck!

• Subscriber

Everyone picked FC Twente so everyone has progressed following their 4-0 win over Heerenveen in the second leg.

Here's how we're going to resolve this final round of the season.

1) Predict whether Sparta Rotterdam or FC Twente win the Final of the European Playoff over two legs.

2) Predict an Anytime Goalscorer for the two matches. Priority goes to whichever player scores earliest throughout the tie if more than one person picks a correct goalscorer.

3) Predict the Time of First Goal in the First Leg of the European Playoff Final.

@nudge @Stan @DeadLinesman @Michael @Bluewolf @6666 @Rucksackfranzose

Predictions need to be in before Thursday's first leg kicks off. Good luck!

Archived