talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

14 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not sure whether this is good or bad really. We need the extra body though.

I think he did ok, from what I've read, when he was at Bournemouth in the Championship. Didn't get much game time when he was up at Celtic first half of this season though

"It's completely normal," said Klopp. "It's clear the outside world will not give you a second to process it.

"A week ago no-one knew about my situation. There was still 18 months on their contracts and no-one asked, so give us a break. No-one has to worry.

"Write what you want, the club is stable. Everything will be fine, I'm 100% sure. I would recommend to stay calm. Very often the fans' concerns are not as big as you might think. You underestimate the intelligence of our supporters."

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Appears Edwards has rejected Liverpool's advances. 

That's a shame, because he's probably one of the best in the business. But now that he's got his own consultancy firm, I'm not surprised at all tbh. Why work for one club when you can work for many and at the same time be your own boss? I'm pretty sure he'd already turned down Real Madrid last year because of his new business.

• Subscriber

Its a good time to see all these players coming back from injury with Thiago next on the list. Not going to lie I love watching him play with the backline and the sooner we get him back the better it is going to be for us. 

10 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not sure whether this is good or bad really. We need the extra body though.

He's an old school no nonsense style defender. He's been good when us when called to play in emergencies, pretty sure he was good with Bournemouth. He was shit with Rodgers' Celtic, but I assume that it's got something to do with Rodgers' tactics.

I feel like as long as you're not playing a sky-high backline, he'll probably be a good addition for you.

On 30/01/2024 at 11:48, LFCMike said:

I think he did ok, from what I've read, when he was at Bournemouth in the Championship. Didn't get much game time when he was up at Celtic first half of this season though

16 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's an old school no nonsense style defender. He's been good when us when called to play in emergencies, pretty sure he was good with Bournemouth. He was shit with Rodgers' Celtic, but I assume that it's got something to do with Rodgers' tactics.

I feel like as long as you're not playing a sky-high backline, he'll probably be a good addition for you.

Sounds good, especially the no nonsense type defending. I'd like to think he'll start, though not sure who for.

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Is it a reflection of the gulf in English football between those that compete for trophies and those that don’t? Liverpool are amazing and win a lot of games but Klopp is still fourth in total honours. Thirteen less than Paisley! 

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Is it a reflection of the gulf in English football between those that compete for trophies and those that don’t? Liverpool are amazing and win a lot of games but Klopp is still fourth in total honours. Thirteen less than Paisley! 

Probably right. Different eras obviously and there's a number of differences. 

Only 2 points for a win up until the early 80s as well when a draw in a lot of scenarios away from home for example would be seen as fine. Whereas what Klopp has been up against in Man City, you're having to win close to 30 games just to challenge them.

Klopp is one of thee best, I've no doubt about it but what chance has he got against a bottomless pit.

I take my hat off to him for actually pushing them as well has he has done.

From top to bottom City have brought in the best in every department. What can you do when they can rebuild and write off players without the worry of balancing the books. That's without taking into account Pep and his own brilliance. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Blood in the water!!!!!

March is a very interesting month for anyone vying for top spot now. You lot play us and Arsenal in the same month. The kicker being that you have to play us at home and they don't get that advantage. 

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

March is a very interesting month for anyone vying for top spot now. You lot play us and Arsenal in the same month. The kicker being that you have to play us at home and they don't get that advantage. 

Liverpool was the team i was worried about because we are not winning at your place but a draw will do now. if we win our games of course we could be top by Saturday for a few hours. think we will spank Arsenal, we seem to have there number but still a lot of games to play, plenty more twists and turns  ..watch us lose to Brentford tonight now :4_joy:

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Liverpool was the team i was worried about because we are not winning at your place but a draw will do now. if we win our games of course we could be top by Saturday for a few hours. think we will spank Arsenal, we seem to have there number but still a lot of games to play, plenty more twists and turns  ..watch us lose to Brentford tonight now :4_joy:

TBF to the team that went out yesterday it had a totally reshuffled front-line, a makeshift midfield, etc etc. I doubt thats the team who bcomes out to play you'll at Anfield. I also doubt we see that particular lineup anytime soon again because it clearly doesn't work.