talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Members Pictures

football forum

• Administrator
12 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

I did the Three Peaks challenge with work over the weekend - hardest thing I've ever done. For your enjoyment, here's a picture of me acting all Danny fackin' Dyer on top of Snowdon as I found out that we'd beaten Derby. 

v778go.jpg

which were you happier about - beating Derby or completing an impressive feat like the 3 Peaks xD 

9 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Climbed Scarfell once. Hated it. Massive respect for you doing three. 

I'm a chubby fucker but I'm more stubborn than gonorrhoea in a Wigan girl. 

My feeble lungs/heart/body gave up after the first one but I figured I was only ever going to do this once, so may as well have a go at finishing it. My advice: don't ever get conned into trying it. Hell. Hell on earth.

38 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

I'm a chubby fucker but I'm more stubborn than gonorrhoea in a Wigan girl. 

My feeble lungs/heart/body gave up after the first one but I figured I was only ever going to do this once, so may as well have a go at finishing it. My advice: don't ever get conned into trying it. Hell. Hell on earth.

How long did each climb take? 

10 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

Up and down, Ben Nevis was about 6 hours, Scafell (in the dark) around 4 1/2, and Snowdon about 5. With a lot of travelling in between, on a cramped minibus. 

The minibus thing would’ve been the worst :( 

Good on you lad. Hope you raised a decent amount. 

• Administrator

I went to Snowdon last year to climb it and we unknowingly took the hardest path to the top (Watkin Path, apparently). It was about 3 and a half hours in and we saw people coming back down, asked them how long to the top and they were like 'you're only just about half-way up mate' xD. That sinking feeling of putting in so much effort so far only to be told there's so much longer to go is gut-wrenching. 

We soldiered on though!

Credit to you @StefBWFC! Did your hair go curlier the further up you went?

Fair play Stef that seems like a mammoth feat! Closest thing I've done to that was a 14k run that had a 2km hill that raised by about 100m which I trained for for two weeks, was absolutely shattered after, zapped any mental awareness out of me. Went to Subway the next day and asked for a 6ft subxD

19 hours ago, Stan said:

I went to Snowdon last year to climb it and we unknowingly took the hardest path to the top (Watkin Path, apparently). It was about 3 and a half hours in and we saw people coming back down, asked them how long to the top and they were like 'you're only just about half-way up mate' xD. That sinking feeling of putting in so much effort so far only to be told there's so much longer to go is gut-wrenching. 

We soldiered on though!

Credit to you @StefBWFC! Did your hair go curlier the further up you went?

Damn! I did Fuji (coz I lived in Japan once upon a time) from halfway up and it still took 7 hours. Didn’t even get to see a nice sunrise either. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Toinho said:

Damn! I did Fuji (coz I lived in Japan once upon a time) from halfway up and it still took 7 hours. Didn’t even get to see a nice sunrise either. 

Bad thing about the climb we did was that it was in shite weather the further we went on and up. 

Misty as fuck and rainy, could barely see a few metres in front of us. Bit dangerous at times when you realise how far some drops can be! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Our youngest grandson the wee Tank is all dressed up for his Halloween Party at his school in an hours time, he has just left with our daughter, crept into the room here and jumped out on me, a wee Scottish terror.

44849551_10156813064372855_2690353022994743296_n.thumb.jpg.0572dd08f246cf090b4340ae1497b9b9.jpg

44888648_10156813066367855_840351136471842816_n.thumb.jpg.18ec179631ca9f79a485afda3b9f5f3c.jpg

Edited by CaaC - John
Restore photos
  • Upvote 3

• The topic was pinned