talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 7 - 30th Sept-3rd Oct, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber

We've accrued an xG of 2.99 to find ourselves behind at home to a rival shit team this time 👏. Admittedly that's exaggerated by Doucoure's massive chance that was saved before the goal but still.

We have the momentum and really should still go on to win this. Luton are easy to play through. We just concede easy goals literally all the time. Half time came at the wrong time as we were riding a wave there.

Ideally Dyche will take Gueye off and put Garner back into midfield where he bossed it with Onana midweek and then Danjuma or Harrison can come on out wide.

• Subscriber

Horrific result.

We just have absolutely no guile. If there was a blueprint for losing these matches it would be to concede a goal or two from set pieces, allow the opponent to park the bus and end up throwing players on to see what sticks.

It's exactly what we've done today. You can't take responsibility from the players but you also have to question the manager because being solid from set pieces into our area is exactly the sort of thing he's supposed to be good at. Those two goals we conceded in the first half wouldn't have looked out of place in the doomed later Martinez era.

Trust Everton to piss all the goodwill up the wall from two very impressive away wins.

There just may be a title race. Liverpool do seem to be going ok with a much more attacking looking midfield. While Nunes & Kovacic feels like an equally notable different vibe to City's midfield. Doku had a bright start, but also was one linked to Villa before they spent quite a lot more on Diaby. And City opted for him after Mahrez & Palmer left. He certainly didn't seem to be a particularly planned signing. It is just one result today, but could work out to be the closest it's been for a while.

• Subscriber

I don't know what Neville's on about. It wasn't intentional but it's been about 15 years since the "he went over the ball" became accepted as an instant justification for a sending off.

I get the argument about intention but that ship has long sailed. 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I don't know what Neville's on about. It wasn't intentional but it's been about 15 years since the "he went over the ball" became accepted as an instant justification for a sending off.

I get the argument about intention but that ship has long sailed. 

His foot quite literally rolled right over the ball. Zero intent whatsoever. The VAR showing the referee a still of the contact first is terrible as well. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

His foot quite literally rolled right over the ball. Zero intent whatsoever. The VAR showing the referee a still of the contact first is terrible as well. 

It is accidental but I just think we've seen them being given as red cards 10 times out of 10 for a decade at least.

That goal looked onside though, or at least so close that they wrote it off strangely quickly. 

• The topic was unpinned