talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 11 - 4-6th November, 2023

football forum

10 hours ago, Danny said:

That is crazy Bruno wasnt given a red. Clear intent with that elbow to Jorginho’s head

Agreed, Saw the highlights and that was as blatant as it gets... how the fuck he got away with that I will never know, sums up the officials we have looking after games.. 

Stuart Atwell created the situation and because he let arsenal get away with fouling he had his hands tied.

the first trigger point was three arsenal players begging him to give Burn a card, not one of them were carded even though the new rules state it can't happen.

Havertz and Nothing I then get away with shoves from behind on Bruno and Joelinton around the Arsenal box but keeps letting now that get free kicks for falling over his own feet.  the next trigger is Havertz going airborne on Longstaff with intent getting away with it while three of our players get booked for asking the ref to give some protection.   That was the spark point and it became fight or die because arsenal were getting everything.

anyways post match is more interesting, Joe Willock became the new victim of racism with arsenal fans posting texts with Monkey emojis and calling willock a piece of .... and that he must die.   like they needed more reasons to be unlikable.

got them bigger fish to fry.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Stuart Atwell created the situation and because he let arsenal get away with fouling he had his hands tied.

the first trigger point was three arsenal players begging him to give Burn a card, not one of them were carded even though the new rules state it can't happen.

Havertz and Nothing I then get away with shoves from behind on Bruno and Joelinton around the Arsenal box but keeps letting now that get free kicks for falling over his own feet.  the next trigger is Havertz going airborne on Longstaff with intent getting away with it while three of our players get booked for asking the ref to give some protection.   That was the spark point and it became fight or die because arsenal were getting everything

Without mentioning the referee, do you think Guimaraes should have been sent off? 

Also, your first sentence in 2nd paragraph makes absolutely no sense. 

You make it sound like you were so hard done by and that everything went in Arsenal's favour despite somehow staying with 11 on the pitch and somehow having that goal stand. But yeah, 'woe is me' and get the violins out for Newcastle, right. 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I have to say, in some ways it's actually quite refreshing to be away from all this palava in the Championship.

You can easily forget what it's like to watch a 'normal' game of Football these days.

One of my best mates is a Leeds fan and we had this exact same conversation. Whilst he was busy celebrating your goal yesterday, I was busy thinking about VAR interventions for offside or fouls. It’s diluted everything and needs a huge rethink.

On 04/11/2023 at 12:47, Danny said:

Good decision. Maguire clearly impeding, if he doesn’t the defender can try to defend Garnacho instead.

Unless defenders can tell the man they’re marking is literal millimetres in front of them, there’s no way he was marking Garnacho. 

15 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

One of my best mates is a Leeds fan and we had this exact same conversation. Whilst he was busy celebrating your goal yesterday, I was busy thinking about VAR interventions for offside or fouls. It’s diluted everything and needs a huge rethink.

Yeah, 4 or 5mins to debate a goal really numbs the feeling, whether it ends up awarded or not.

I bet when Bruno scored that winner you couldn't quite celebrate a 90th min winner completely without thinking are they gonna check for something xD

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I have to say, in some ways it's actually quite refreshing to be away from all this palava in the Championship.

You can easily forget what it's like to watch a 'normal' game of Football these days.

I thought this during Friday's game too. Especially with the Choudhury/Summerville incident. Ref dealt with it. Even though many fans wanted to see red, you just continue with it and the game carries on. Didn't even hear many fans round me shout for VAR or anything like you used to. 

39 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You not beaten him up yet?

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Danny said:

Anyone remember the sheffield wednesday fan that we mocked relentlessly for not wanting var? good times

There’s neutral ground between sacking it off all together and having competent human beings work the technology given to them. It’s finding it that’s the problem. 

Take this for instance which apparently wasn’t offside. There’s zero consistency from the men in the middle running the game.

IMG_2640.jpeg

• The topic was unpinned