talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 15 - 5-7th December, 2023

football forum

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

Wait and see us lose 1-0 tomorrow just to fuck me off even more. 

Annoying for you but I bet they were sat watching that scoreline of yours Sunday thinking the same thing. Amazing you've both managed to get such massive late wins in the space of a couple days.

David Raya has been saved tonight because his two blunders nearly cost Arsenal big time.

Massive win for them and I have to say, I thought they were really sub par for a good 75-80mins of that game.

Will say one thing though. As per usual with Arsenal when they are desperate for that crucial late goal, who is the man that demands the ball, gets on it and produces a moment of quality?

Odegaard, time and time again. That cross was delicious. Class.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

That was a bit mental.

I didn't see much of him at Brentford but Raya really isn't delivering so far at Arsenal. It's turning into a bit of an unforced error from Arteta in my opinion. I don't think Ramsdale is world class and I get that they're always trying to improve each position wherever possible but he wasn't exactly costing them games last season and now there's this circus you get when you dump your first choice goalkeeper, the new guy isn't vindicating your decision and it's difficult to go back to the previous number one because now he knows you don't trust him entirely.

Ah well, at least they've not got Onana in goal :ph34r:.

More difficult than it should've been but thankfully this team keeps going until the end. Luton got a point against Liverpool so knew it wasn't going to be easy.

Rice has been immense for us. Can't think of a player in the Premier League that cost so much to actually work out so well.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Getting really pissed off owning double Arsenal defence in FPL.

Statistically, best defence in the league and they concede home to Burnley and Wolves and away at Luton. Joke.

I'm picking defenders almost entirely on attacking output at this point. There must be something like 3 clean sheets a weekend on average and they seem almost totally random.

This is surely the highest scoring Premier League ever so far.

• Subscriber

Has the standard of goalkeepers ever been lower? Seems a very simplistic take from the number of goals but there really is some dog shit about, even at supposedly good teams.

Arsenal have two very hit and miss goalkeepers, Chelsea's is bang average, even Ederson is a meh shot stopper.

I’m not surprised the goalkeeping issue at Arsenal is causing problems. For Raya he has joined a club that he has had no pre-season at, gone straight in with every media outlet questioning him and much like Ramsdale has had very little public support from Arteta.

I think it’s clear as day that Raya is the better keeper, and I think he needs continued period in goal to make up for the lack of Summer integration, but Arteta needs to make a choice publicly.

I think it is possible to have two keepers, it’s been done in Spain for a long time, but you have to make it clear that there is a keeper for the domestic Cups and a keeper for the league and Champions League.  Even there they had a clear system.

That was mental! 3-4 in the end and 3 incredible points...  Luton look so good on set pieces and then the awful defending for Ross Barklay's goal with the added keeper gaff in there too. No wonder in recent weeks it hasn't been easy at Kenilworth Road for anyone.

Arsenal showed a never say die spirit and we would've lost that game 100% in the past, let alone win it.

Honestly this injury crisis just keeps getting more fucking annoying. It looks like we’re playing a back 5 that will consistent of a midfielder playing left centre back, a right back playing at left back and an attacking midfielder at right back.

Some publications have us as playing a back four but I can’t see it against Brighton, especially with the players that we have out.

If we get anything from this game I’ll be really happy, but Brighton should be looking to win this one.

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

Honestly this injury crisis just keeps getting more fucking annoying. It looks like we’re playing a back 5 that will consistent of a midfielder playing left centre back, a right back playing at left back and an attacking midfielder at right back.

Some publications have us as playing a back four but I can’t see it against Brighton, especially with the players that we have out.

If we get anything from this game I’ll be really happy, but Brighton should be looking to win this one.

Yeah, lots of pressure on the midfielders, with Yarmolyuk seemingly given extra responsibility this evening. Looks like mainly a counter attack job for you guys today, with strikers Maupay and Mbeumo looking to score on the break. Good luck with getting points today at the Falmer Stadium.

Edited by Michael

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Yeah, lots of pressure on the midfielders, with Yarmolyuk seemingly given extra responsibility today. Looks like mainly a counter attack job for you guys today, with strikers Maupay and Mbeumo looking to score on the break. Good luck with getting points today at the Falmer Stadium.

Your boy looks to be playing in midfield when we drop deep but playing as a third striker when we press. Would like to see what position he takes up in possession.

12 hours ago, Danny said:

I think it’s clear as day that Raya is the better keeper

There hasn't been much evidence for that yet. Our goalkeeping situation with Ramsdale as a clear number one was much, much better. It's an unnecessary issue that Arteta has created that hasn't worked out so far.

Edited by 6666

Just now, 6666 said:

There hasn't been much evidence for that yet. Our goalkeeping situation with Ramsdale as a clear number one was much, much better. It was an unnecessary issue that Arteta has created that hasn't worked out so far.

There is plenty of evidence as they have both played in the same league for the last two seasons. Raya is better than Ramsdale.

The problem you have is either get rid of Ramsdale or don’t keep Raya, but bringing him into the club, no pre-season behind him and immediately creating uncertainty about his long-term future with Arteta’s poor man management is not the way to get a keeper performing.

Get shot of Ramsdale, focus on Raya, he is the superior keeper.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

There is plenty of evidence as they have both played in the same league for the last two seasons. Raya is better than Ramsdale.

The problem you have is either get rid of Ramsdale or don’t keep Raya, but bringing him into the club, no pre-season behind him and immediately creating uncertainty about his long-term future with Arteta’s poor man management is not the way to get a keeper performing.

Get shot of Ramsdale, focus on Raya, he is the superior keeper.

Raya has zero presence and fills me with no confidence. And Ramsdale's confidence has now been drained as well. Dumb move from Arteta.

These "ball playing" keepers aren't worth the hassle. Man Utd and ourselves both got fucked.

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

Your boy looks to be playing in midfield when we drop deep but playing as a third striker when we press. Would like to see what position he takes up in possession.

Brentford take the lead through Mbeumo's penalty!

Brighton 0-1 Brentford

• The topic was unpinned