talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jürgen Klopp to leave at end of season

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I know he's doing brilliant this season but he's doing it at a club where the pressure to win is nothing like what it would be taking over the Liverpool that Jurgen Klopp has built. 

This is my worry about any new manager. I honestly don't think there's anyone who can step in and keep the standards as high as Klopp would be able to right from the off.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This is my worry about any new manager. I honestly don't think there's anyone who can step in and keep the standards as high as Klopp would be able to right from the off.

Oh yeah I completely agree, I think my point over Alonso was that I'd like to see him do it over a longer period before Liverpool committed to him

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

What a glorious time to be alive. Hopefully this is all part of the tide turning for us. New management, Klopp gone, Pep in the mud, Citeh relegated to the Bostock Northern Premier. Great days.

Keep dreaming son :4_joy: we will be proven innocent in 2036 after the hearing :ph34r:

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Massive news that seems to have come from nowhere. It'll be interesting to see where Klopp ends up and who Liverpool bring in. Fingers crossed for Mourinho.

Oddly enough I think Jose would do rather well at Liverpool. He’s a fan favourite at Roma now and even though he’s past some of his best years I think he wouldn’t be that bad of an appointment here. The only thing that would work against him is the legacy Klopp has built and whether he could come in and get things rolling super quick. I think he actually could. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Even challenging for the Bundesliga title is more impressive for a first full season at a club than just winning the league with Porto - especially that era of Porto, imo.

Won the treble actually and went undefeated in the league.

Went to a club that carried a lot of pressure, shat the bed. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

What he has done with them since taking over 18 months ago has been fantastic. It’s constant moving forward for them. They are four clear at the top of the Bundesliga as we speak with 15 wins and 3 draws from 18 games. If they hold their nerve and win that title, then we can safely say he has something about him. I’d rather we go for him than some of the names touted. I’d say Nagelsman would be my second choice over DiZerbi. 

If Liverpool are willing to take the risk, go for it. Not convinced of DeZerbi either. 

13 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Oddly enough I think Jose would do rather well at Liverpool. He’s a fan favourite at Roma now and even though he’s past some of his best years I think he wouldn’t be that bad of an appointment here. The only thing that would work against him is the legacy Klopp has built and whether he could come in and get things rolling super quick. I think he actually could. 

He'd be shit with us, imo. He's tactically so far off from the type of football that gets the most out of our squad.

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Villas Boas was a very ignorant manager though. Probably why he hasn't revived his career. 

Think he's given up on management a while ago. Went into racing cars for a bit and now he's trying to be president or chairman at Porto.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He'd be shit with us, imo. He's tactically so far off from the type of football that gets the most out of our squad.

Played some of the best counter-attack football at Madrid though and I think he still has one last big dance in him. Having said that if we got Alonso I think that would be the first choice.

• Subscriber

My favourite Klopp signing will always be Andy Robertson. Those months when we saw him play one game and then just benched were so weird but what a player he turned out to be for us. 

Purposely leaving out the other gamble signing in Mo. 

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I keep seeing different names linked with taking the job next and honestly it makes me depressed.

Yeah same, I don't really want to think much about it tbh. The club have known since November though so if they don't already have someone lined up along with a new DoF then I'm sure they're already a fair way down the road of making a decision as to where they will go next.

I'd give almost anything for the league title this season to give Klopp the parade he deserves. Obviously winning anything this season would be great but I think the league, after what happened in 2020, is what we'd all want. Going to be incredibly difficult to pip Man City but we can only hope that the team use this situation to give them something a bit extra over the next few months.

15 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd be worried about hiring Gerrard to be honest, he feels like the inevitable option given how a lot of clubs like to operate.

19 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I expect they'll go for Alonso but it'll be interesting to see who their second choice is if they don't want him or he isn't ready to leave Leverkusen yet.

I don't know why really but I don't see De Zerbi as massively fitting in at Liverpool.

The assistant that's taken a few League Cup games on occasion has obviously been treated as a bit of an apprentice but surely you can't expect him to just step up and take on his first managerial job at Liverpool.

It would be hilarious if they went for Gerrard but they're just not going to, let's be honest, even as an assistant.

I am not an expert on how Liverpool operate but if it's anything like most clubs in the world, I wouldn't rule Gerrard out. It's a very big possibility especially if their options run out.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

I'd be worried about hiring Gerrard to be honest, he feels like the inevitable option given how a lot of clubs like to operate.

Liverpool won't be so naive. Gerrard isn't good enough to follow Klopp. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Cicero said:

Damn so Lampard was right. One title…

Which to be honest is already better than the last 30 years for Liverpool managers. As much as I hate the cunt, Rafa did well too but Klopp has outdone him by winning both the league and the CL.

It was a big step forward.