talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 25 - 17-21st February, 2024

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I swear Jota gets injured whenever I put him in my Fantasy League squad. 

Every. Single. Time. 

Please stop putting him in your fuckin fantasy league squad then. He’s been having a great season, I’ll be gutted if it’s a lengthy time out.

• Haha 1

• Administrator

As much as I've slated him before this season, Chilwell has been good. 

Disasi quality too.

Oh and as I write, Rodri scores. Big game player. Albeit a dickhead. 

A much needed Villa win today. The centre back injuries are still a concern. The Fulham goal seemed to me like Lenglet was just wired up all wrong to be on the right side. Not as worried by the midfield. I have been thinking we were approaching a point where McGinn or Tielemans from deeper could be a good thing to try. Like riding a bike without stabilisers.

Next 3: Forest (h), Luton (a) & Spurs (h)

On all the others, Burnley have been awful all season. Both Wolves & Bournemouth exceeding most people's expectations. And I wouldn't go as far as to say Chelsea are back.. 90's Chelsea perhaps, but right now it's almost like they remind me of old top half - mid table Villa sides, who could take points off the best & get battered by anybody else. Hopefully Arsenal got straight down the tunnel at Turf Moor. Just doesn't seem a place to linger as one of the enemy of the week.

Well done to the ref for not falling or being intimidated by Citys moaning and diving.

As for the commentator. He nearly jizzed his pants each time Haaland had any opportunity in the box.

Trying hard to be patient but Howe is not not making life easier with his stubbornness and loyalty notably to Almiron who delivered the most selfish performance at a time where his career is up in the air.  The incident involved him saying the ball into the back row when Gordon was unmarked in the 6 yard area it angered a few players.

Trippier had more assists this season than Almiron has in his entire career and it is evident he needs to go at this point 10m will be fine.

As for Eddie the injuries can not be an excuse and I think that intensity is our identity mantra is the very reason for the problem.

I suggested a name yesterday on Newcastle channels that wasn't exactly well recieved but I think Gary O'Neill is a canny manager like he was a player.  It's not fancy and im sure there are other better options like Potter.

• Administrator

Sounded like they made up a rule for the Newcastle penalty. 

Schar was in an offside position 'but didn't commit an offside offence'. As if running for the ball isn't doing that xD

A 'non-footballing action' apparently. 

20 hours ago, Stan said:

O'Neil doing well at Wolves.

Honestly I think he's fantastic, he talks well, he clearly coaches well.

I look forward to his next step after Wolves, he could have a brilliant career ahead of him.

• The topic was unpinned