talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Euro 2024 - Top Scorer

football forums

I usually back Harry Kane for every major tournament, but given he's played against such poor opposition on a weekly basis over the last year I do wonder if he's going to be able to raise his game to the levels needed to claim the golden boot.

An outsider may be Cristiano Ronaldo if Portugal progress far in this tournament. Roberto Martinez has fixed a formation where Ronaldo isn't a hindrance to a team that won all there qualifiers. Romelu Lukaku scored the most goals in qualifiers but Belgium's opponent look slightly more difficult than Portugal's on paper.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I usually back Harry Kane for every major tournament, but given he's played against such poor opposition on a weekly basis over the last year I do wonder if he's going to be able to raise his game to the levels needed to claim the golden boot.

Agree wholeheartedly, Bundesliga is so bad he might even need to do a pre-tournament pre-season :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Danny said:

The answer is Mbappe

Yeah, you would only bet on somebody else at this point if you think there's a major discrepancy in betting odds. There squad is borderline disgusting and they're set up to get the best out of him.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Seeing he helped me win Rando's LMS game I will go for France's Wissam Ben Yedder with Lukuku and Mbappe right up his arse.

I am useless at these games so I can always try. xD

Might be a difficult one, that, as Ben Yedder isn't in France's squad...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2024 at 23:00, The Palace Fan said:

An outsider may be Cristiano Ronaldo if Portugal progress far in this tournament. Roberto Martinez has fixed a formation where Ronaldo isn't a hindrance to a team that won all there qualifiers. Romelu Lukaku scored the most goals in qualifiers but Belgium's opponent look slightly more difficult than Portugal's on paper.

Poor opposition in the Bundesliga? You're having a laugh. The Bundesliga has many tough sides and yeah, even though Kane plays for a top side like Bayern, he still deserves credit for scoring the great goals that he has scored. You demonstrate your cluelessness when you try to claim that Bundesliga sides are poor.

• Haha 1

On 12/06/2024 at 23:05, Michael said:

Poor opposition in the Bundesliga? You're having a laugh. The Bundesliga has many tough sides and yeah, even though Kane plays for a top side like Bayern, he still deserves credit for scoring the great goals that he has scored. You demonstrate your cluelessness when you try to claim that Bundesliga sides are poor.

That wasn't the nibble I expected.