• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Toony said:

Wenger's definitely staying.

Is it just me that thinks Hughes is doing a bang average job at Stoke?

I was just saying this to my dad, he's got them easily beatable nowadays. It's not even like they play nice football. It's just shite.

My goodness, Wenger and the team has made me look like a mug. I predicted Arsenal will drop points against Utd, away to saints and stoke but they won all three which havent had happened in the recent past. Someone should tell wenger that only the winners of this league will get the UCL spot and no one else.

21 minutes ago, FOYM said:

I was just saying this to my dad, he's got them easily beatable nowadays. It's not even like they play nice football. It's just shite.

He seems to avoid all media criticism but in the four years he's been there he's took them absolutely nowhere and spent an awful lot of money.

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Toony said:

Wenger's definitely staying.

Is it just me that thinks Hughes is doing a bang average job at Stoke?

They're a worse side than they were under Pulis. No-one fears going to Stoke anymore. OK they were nothing special, but teams at least went there knowing they were up for a battle. They get rolled over as much as anyone these days. How many times have they conceded 4 in the last couple of years?

They're a poor side. Them and Watford surviving comfortably is a bad reflection on the standard of this league.

4 hours ago, Toony said:

I want Hull to win as well, just for the neutral.

The final day will be a bit shit if the title race and relegation battle has already been decided, as it was last season. 

It tends to go 'exciting to dull to excitingly to dull' every season regardless of what Sky want us to believe. This season is meant to be dull and we need to ensure tomorrow that happens. If we win our last two games we could finish eleventh which shows how ridiculously tight and how any decision could sway a season.

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I've said it before but I've got a few Stoke fans on Facebook and they're always taking the piss out of Port Vale for being shit. It's the biggest case of the pot and the kettle that I've ever seen. 

Yeah but they are garbage in league 1, at least Stoke is garbage in the premier league.

• Subscriber

Arsenal are certainly going to get 4th now no questions about it. I can see West Ham doing what they did to Spurs with us and they might even get a goal making it harder for us to retaliate as well. 

I would much rather see Liverpool finishing 4th than Arsenal, mainly because I like Klopp a lot. Hopefully they can beat West Ham, who have become a bit of a bogey team for them in recent seasons. 

If Liverpool miss out on 4th place, they'll only have qualified for the Champions League 1 in the last 8 years, alongside only winning 1 trophy in the last 11 years. There is a lot of pressure on them to hold on to this. 

Don't know why there's so much negativity going into this game from our lot. 21 points from the last 10 games is not bad, in fact it's pretty good. Won three on the trot away from home. The away before that was a draw at Man City. The struggles have come at Anfield recently.

25 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Don't know why there's so much negativity going into this game from our lot. 21 points from the last 10 games is not bad, in fact it's pretty good. Won three on the trot away from home. The away before that was a draw at Man City. The struggles have come at Anfield recently.

West Ham's form has picked up, they've not conceded a goal in their last 3, have 4 clean sheets from their last 5 and they've just beat Spurs. 

We on the other hand look absolutely shocking at the moment despite picking up some narrow away wins. We look shot physically and are creating almost zero chances in recent games. 

On top of that we now have the pressure of Arsenal's usual brilliant end of season  revival meaning this is basically a must win game and as we all know, we are wank under pressure. 

Last 7 games against them we have lost 4, drawn 2 and won 1. Last 3 away against them we have lost 3, conceded 7 goals and scored 2 goals. 

What makes you think we'll win?

I'm not confident at all and to be honest I'm glad I'm working later so I don't have to sit through it. 

I just hope they have watered the grass :ph34r:

What makes me think we'll win? Liverpool are much better at football for a start. Granted West Ham beat Tottenham but I don't think they have two performances like that in a row in them. We've been good away from home recently. Yes, they were narrow wins but we've generally looked solid.

11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What makes me think we'll win? Liverpool are much better at football for a start. Granted West Ham beat Tottenham but I don't think they have two performances like that in a row in them. We've been good away from home recently. Yes, they were narrow wins but we've generally looked solid.

We've beat them once in 7 games despite being better than them at football. We simply don't like playing West Ham. 

Anyhow, I hope you're right I really do Mike but I'm not confident at all. 

*edit* Just read that they have about 5-6 out injured, basically down to the bare bones. So if we can't get a win against these lot under these circumstances then we have absolutely no business being in the Champions League anyway. 

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived