talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FOYM said:

That's a fucking awful decision from that stupid fat prick. Absolutely fucking ruined this game now. Hope he falls down the fucking stairs. 

What game are you watching? Keeper tried to head the ball, Mane studs him in the jaw. Mental.

His foot was high and it's not an easy decision to make, although this will likely ruin the game now as a contest either way. Mane has been quality so far this season and is the type who could have changed the game in Liverpool's favour so losing him so early on is a massive loss.

I can't see anything other than City taking advantage of this now and running away with it.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

I really hate this "ruined the game" that fans and pundits go to when a referee gives a red card, but that's a shocking decision

A high boot isn't a red card offense.

People get sent off for going studs up into someone's shin so why is it okay or only a yellow to go studs up into someone's face? xD

• Subscriber

Abysmal again, same old, they give the big game to one of the shite cunt refs of the league and he goes and gives that as a red. Manufactured entertainment. It happens too often to be a coincidence.

Mane out against us twice possibly though.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

How can anyone argue that isn't a red card? It wasn't intentional but HE KICKED HIM IN THE FUCKING FACE. 

You cannot put your boot that high. Classy from nice guy Klopp and Mane having a laugh about it too while Ederson is getting stretchered off.

blue-lens-glasses.jpg

• Administrator

Ederson turned into the challenge, not his fault he's injured but likewise Mane HAD to challenge for the ball. I can't agree that it's a red card because Mane put his studs in his jaw, because he didn't, Ederson headed his foot. We may as well send off player who clash heads for injuring each other. It's silly

• Subscriber
Just now, Inverted said:

blue-lens-glasses.jpg

Everton fan talking about Liverpool so claiming that going studs up into someone's face, even unintentionally, is a red card is such an outrageous claim that it must be bias. Right. Gotcha.

Can not believe what I'm reading. People get sent off every week for getting tackles slightly wrong and going in on someone's shin by accident and I'm actually reading that kicking someone in the face is only a yellow because he didn't mean it. Sensational.

Imagine if that was Joey Barton, Granit Xhaka, Marouane Fellaini. Hung, drawn and quartered.

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Who gives a fuck if his eyes were on the ball or not?! if I two foot a player break his legs, but have my eyes on the ball is that not a red?!

That was dangerous play, he kicks him in the jaw ffs. By the law it IS a red.

You can break legs and not even get a yellow. Intent is everything. 

Everton fan talking about Liverpool so claiming that going studs up into someone's face, even unintentionally, is a red card is such an outrageous claim that it must be bias. Right. Gotcha.

Can not believe what I'm reading. People get sent off every week for getting tackles slightly wrong and going in on someone's shin by accident and I'm actually reading that kicking someone in the face is only a yellow because he didn't mean it. Sensational.

Imagine if that was Joey Barton, Granit Xhaka, Marouane Fellaini. Hung, drawn and quartered.

You're the one so fixated with Klopp that you fume over him not being concerned enough and aren't even arsed that City fans are too busy singing about Gerrard to give a fuck about Ederson.

The only people saying it was a red are Everton fans. Should tell you something

Jesus goal disallowed for offside. Good spot from the linesman

Aaand Jesus goal not disallowed. Free header about 2 yards in front of the keeper.

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Have a day off mate.

I'm just saying you can't sit there acting as if he's impartially stating facts when half his post is dedicated to extraneous shite that nobody but an Everton or maybe a United fan would care about. 

Edit: mixed up who was who there, whoops. 

Interesting how polarizing this red card has been. 

For me it is harsh. 

The usual red card version of that  event the keeper is in the box.  In this one the keeper was out of his area so could only head the ball. He was not coming to collect the ball and got kicked. He was deliberately putting his head in the same place Mane was putting his boot and choose to throw himself into danger. This happens at corners and isn't a red card. It is essentially a 50 50 situation. 

9 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Never a red card. People saying it is are mental. It's a shame the lad is injured but it's not a good decision. The only upside is that Bravo is coming On, hopefully we can take advantage of that. 

It was a wreck less challenge, a high boot to his face. It is a red card. What are you smoking 😂

Liverpool started well, but were wasteful and City had a quality moment and took it. Now it looks like Liverpool switched off after the red and I can't see anything changing unless City get a red too.

Which isn't exactly unlikely tbf, so we might get a bit of excitement yet.

Archived