• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

How can you spend about £130m and look 10 times worse? 

I can actually see Everton in a relegation battle this season, they are that tragic. 

not that bad but I don't think they'll be anywhere near around 5-8th, which is where I presume they'll at least want to be given all that spending. 

• Subscriber

This'll be either the 8th or 9th time already this season where Koeman will have to make a half time substitutions because his starting line-up has been shite. Not really good enough from a manager getting paid in the top 20 in Europe or whatever it is.

Players absolute shite as well. Can't really fault the effort from most of them but still terrible. Someone needs to grow a back bone and take the rest of the team by the scruff of the neck.

Williams needs to fuck off, Gueye and Schneiderlin have looked poor together all season and we need to rethink the shape in that part of the pitch. Get Davies or Klaassen in there so we have an extra runner from midfield which we sorely need. You lose something defensively but like I keep saying why we feel the need to play two defensive midfielders against Bournemouth, Apollon and Burnley I don't know.

I'm not going to be one of the mob and start going off about Koeman being awful and how it's a disgrace if he doesn't get sacked if we lose today, but if he did get sacked tomorrow I would feel more optimistic than disappointed.

I really rate Burnley & Sean Dyche.

I've said a million times that Everton's transfer window wasn't as good as people thought and I also don't think Ronald Koeman is the manager he's cracked up to be.

Everton are turgid. Such a slog watching them at the moment.

They have the basis of a really solid team when everything is going right but are in a difficult period. They have had so many defeats from a difficult start that it's been hard for them to kick start some momentum. Europa League isn't helping them either IMO but the main issue for them is selling their main source of goals and not replacing him. They just look so blunt going forward.

And whilst their defence looks vulnerable, you can see them finding games like Bournemouth and Burnley a real struggle. They got lucky last week but not so today.

Archived