talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Generation 'Snowflake'

football forum

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I think we have 'influencers' on here.. For example the likes of @Batard and @Devil-Dick Willie when they announce another Mafia or Werewolf game I am like "ooh must try that" They are everywhere Nudge... :ph34r:

Only thing I influence is how bad my partners mood becomes! xD

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Harry said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7599161/Australian-mother-slams-Kmart-selling-6-childrens-bride-costumes.html

Kmart removes a customer of a bridal dress from their little girls Halloween costume section after a mother is pages that it promotes child marriage, paedophilia and the child sex trade....

Better end Halloween costumes entirely, we don't want to promote ghost hauntings and zombie outbreaks - do we?

1 hour ago, Harry said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7599161/Australian-mother-slams-Kmart-selling-6-childrens-bride-costumes.html

Kmart removes a costume of a bridal dress from their little girls Halloween costume section after a mother is outraged that it promotes child marriage, rape and paedophilia....

She needs to put her head in a blender.

33 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

She needs to put her head in a blender.

Is this your new "die in a house fire"

At some point you gotta crack that classic line out more - always gotta stick with your greatest hits. Give the people what they want.

On 27/09/2019 at 14:44, Harry said:

I oppose it. This kind of measure just further exacerbates the hyper sensitivity that already exists...

Students at Oxford University have voted to replace clapping with a silent wave because it could trigger 'anxiety'

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/24/clapping-banned-oxford-university-stop-people-triggered-10975221/

Image result for jazz hands clapping gif

It's frightning what's going on these days... 

35 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Students at Oxford University have voted to replace clapping with a silent wave because it could trigger 'anxiety'

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/24/clapping-banned-oxford-university-stop-people-triggered-10975221/

Image result for jazz hands clapping gif

It's frightning what's going on these days... 

The weaker you make people, the weaker they become. 

On 25/10/2019 at 10:04, Harry said:

The weaker you make people, the weaker they become. 

That's the problem for me... I can understand being sympathetic to peoples issues but to force huge changes on the masses such as this does nothing to help that individual find a coping mechanism for themselves... They will continue to be mentally weak in the face of adversity and rather than giving them the tools to help themselves to be more in control of their situation and have more confidence we are trying to change a whole environment to suit them.. The serious worry here going forward are these students are supposed to be the future and if this trend continues unchallenged and they go on to work and hold positions of power or influence how long would it be before clapping at a football match or concert is deemed as unacceptable?? 

Some might laugh at that idea but I can see it coming... 

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is this your new "die in a house fire"

At some point you gotta crack that classic line out more - always gotta stick with your greatest hits. Give the people what they want.

I’m alternating between both. I’m hoping to bring ‘wank puffin’ in more often as well.

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

That's the problem for me... I can understand being sympathetic to peoples issues but to force huge changes on the masses such as this does nothing to help that individual find a coping mechanism for themselves... They will continue to mentally weak in the face of adversity and rather than giving them the tools to help themselves to be more in control of their situation and have more confidence we are trying to change a whole environment to suit them.. The serious worry here going forward are these students are supposed to be the future and if this trend continues unchallenged and they go on to work and hold positions of power or influence how long would it be before clapping at a football match or concert is deemed as unacceptable?? 

Some might laugh at that idea but I can see it coming... 

It sews this narrative of how fragile and weak we all are and that's what I find most concerning. That mindset doesn't just affect those people who are being targeted with the kind intent in the first place but is a seed planted in all people and I think it's damaging to the overall well-being of our society.

• 2 weeks later...

'Instagram influencer' is the most utterly dismal indictment of modern society I think. No wonder youngsters these days grow up so enchanted by social media likes and so terrified of their own reputation when tossers like this have so much bearing on them.

I hate to sound old (I'm 24 FFS) but I am so glad I grew up just out of grasp of social media dominating your live. When you used to do something like go on holiday, that was it. You went, came back and told your mates you'd gone to Spain and that was it. Can't imagine feeling the need to document every last yard of it to stick on the internet and pray that someone cares enough to click a button. Must be so awful for kids these days. No wonder it fucks so many of them up.

• Administrator
On 07/11/2019 at 02:53, Harry said:

Let's keep in mind that it's an irrelevant fuckstick that's actually making the comment though.

No doubt. But it'd be incredibly naive to think he's the only one who thinks it. It's 'sad times' because there's bound to be others who think it. I agree with @tlr as well. Those 'instagram influencer' types are toxic. They don't help the problem. They either cause it, create it, or worsen it. 

We don't learn anything about World War 2 anyway, most British people see it as war Britain fought for a moral cause and believe we were a main player in defeating Nazi Germany, the Americans were our courageous allies and possibly something happened in the East?

The unpayable debt that everyone in Europe owes to Russia is almost completely unknown.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Panflute said:

22-year-olds aren't millennials

Depends on the definition you're using... It's pretty obvious that the generational date cut-offs are pretty arbitrary; it's just a dumb approximation anyway. 

But I think you're missing the point. That whole discussion started after most of the participants of the Apprentice (their ages ranging from 18 to 30+ so probably covering both millennials and the younger generation) weren't able to tell when WWII started. This 22-year-old fuckwit then went on the tele and claimed kids shouldn't be learning about it at schools in the first place because it's "too intense". So regardless what label you put on them, it simply leaves the impression that many young people are either thick as a brick, are way too sensitive and lack resilience to such a degree that they get traumatised by history lessons, or both.

And yes - I know that there are many young people who are nothing like that and that there are also many older people who would fit the definition. The problem is that it's the thick and the overly sensitive ones that are given the publicity to such an extent that it starts looking like a majority trend.

Archived