talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Materialism: What have you bought recently?

football forum

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/02/2018 at 13:57, nudge said:

image_BALVE1200_1.jpg

Love it.

I should’ve posted it, but at Christmas I was given one of these as a gift at work before I went off on my festive hols.

suntory-hibiki-17-yo-japanese-blended-ma

It’s the first time I’d tried Japanese Whiskey and my mind was blown away. 

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I should’ve posted it, but at Christmas I was given one of these as a gift at work before I went off on my festive hols.

Japanese whiskey is fucking excellent.

I bought a cool shirt yesterday at the concert I went to. I wish I could wear it to work...

I'm a dad so I'm looking for dad trainers for summer. I've already got a nice pair of Nike International which are great and I use almost every time I'm off work. But now I'm looking for another pair of trainers.

I've looked around and the other dad status symbol is none other than the famous New Balance 574 series.  They've got a limited edition in various colours and I love them but I'm not sure which colour to choose.  Right now I'm favouring the safe option of the navy blue ones but I love the grey ones and really do like the red ones although I think I'm risking it there but would love to be brave.

Which ones do you guys prefer?

ml574ylc_nb_02_i?$dw_pdp_hero$

ml574yla_nb_02_i?$dw_pdp_hero$

ml574ylb_nb_02_i?$dw_pdp_hero$

ml574yld_nb_02_i?$dw_pdp_hero$

New Balance is nice @SirBalon, what I didn't know was that they manufacture in the US and UK rather than third world countries.

Last thing I bought was burger and chips 😂 Last piece of clothing I bought would have been a short sleeved blue/white striped shirt for work/play...that was about 3-4 months ago.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

New Balance is nice @SirBalon, what I didn't know was that they manufacture in the US and UK rather than third world countries.

Last thing I bought was burger and chips 😂 Last piece of clothing I bought would have been a short sleeved blue/white striped shirt for work/play...that was about 3-4 months ago.

Yeah, that was another thing I read into that they only manufacture both in the UK and the USA.  You can infact separate the two within their website and select where you want your product to come from which is also great.

On 28/02/2018 at 23:11, SirBalon said:

Lovely drop that. I had trouble bringing some stuff back from my last trip there so only have a little bottle of Hakushu and Chita.

As for the denim jackets mate, horrible... 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

@SirBalon the top one. 

What do you think of these ones mate?

Theyre a different model to the ones I posted further up and they're very similar in colour scheme and even construction to my Nike International.  But I also really like them...

u520ci_nb_02_i?$dw_pdp_hero$

Bought a couple of things last night online...

I needed a pair of boots/shoes for jeans and it's been a long time since I owned a pair of Panama Jack, so I bought these;

GLASGOW-C5-NAPA-GRASS-BROWN_001DT2017072

GLASGOW-C5-NAPA-GRASS-BROWN_002DT2017072

And I also wanted a sweatshirt (grey) where I've been looking at dozens over the past week online and in the end opted for Lacoste and went for this one;

SH3296_HHW_20.jpg?sw=800&sh=800&sm=fit

17 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I always think a lot of Lacoste's stuff is nice but round here it's still too associated with ned culture. It's having a little bit of a hipster revival but it's not quite at the level of being mainstream again. 

Lacoste is associated with the scummy classes in Scotland?

Not here in London as far as I know and definitely not on the continent.  But I get what you mean and there have been clothing brands that have been hijacked by the sorts one wouldn't want to be associated with like Ted Baker for example which I used to love back in the 90s but in the early 2000s you'd see the sorts you wouldn't want to be associated wearing it... Ted Baker has managed to shake that off and is enjoying a bit of a revival although still lagging behind similar English brands like Paul Smith or All Saints.

37 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Lacoste is associated with the scummy classes in Scotland?

Not here in London as far as I know and definitely not on the continent.  But I get what you mean and there have been clothing brands that have been hijacked by the sorts one wouldn't want to be associated with like Ted Baker for example which I used to love back in the 90s but in the early 2000s you'd see the sorts you wouldn't want to be associated wearing it... Ted Baker has managed to shake that off and is enjoying a bit of a revival although still lagging behind similar English brands like Paul Smith or All Saints.

Yup, it's weird how it happens. As I said it's got to the point where it became so associated with neds that it kinda died-out, and now edgy hipster types around the Unis have started wearing it, and from there it's a gradual path to rehabilitation.

It's like how Stone Island is a classy brand on the continent abroad and here it's... not.

12 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Yup, it's weird how it happens. As I said it's got to the point where it became so associated with neds that it kinda died-out, and now edgy hipster types around the Unis have started wearing it, and from there it's a gradual path to rehabilitation.

It's like how Stone Island is a classy brand on the continent abroad and here it's... not.

I must say that I have an unreasonable dislike for Stone Island and it's not because Chavs tend to wear it without class in London.  For me it's because of the way that brand labels (brands) its clothing with that ridiculous buttoned patch.

Curiously with Lacoste in places like Italy, Portugal and Spain, it tends to be worn as casual clothing by the upper middle classes even though others can afford it probably.

The differences on the continent when wearing clothing is curious by comparison to the UK.  Take for example Spain of which I know plenty about, you won't see a Spaniard wearing expensive clothing if their pocket can't afford it and I'm even talking about your dodgier classes that may be involved in crime and the sort.  I've always found that as a curious phenomenon whereas here in London from your worst estates where all sorts occur, you will see Stone Island and everything else of the sort being worn.

• 2 weeks later...

Got myself an annual membership to the San Diego Zoo yesterday. Figured I live close enough to walk there and it's a very cool zoo - why not go there all the fucking time. The weather was great yesterday so I went out and got it and had a fucking fantastic time at the zoo.

• Administrator

needed some new trainers, nothing snazzy or fancy. just something simple to get by day to day if I needed to pop out anywhere.

These were half-price as well so only cost £18 from Sports Direct. Wanted ones with the white tick though but they didn't have my size :( 

sb-solarsoft-portmore-ii-canvas-skateboa

sb-solarsoft-portmore-ii-canvas-skateboa

On 03/03/2018 at 21:22, SirBalon said:

I'm a dad so I'm looking for dad trainers for summer. I've already got a nice pair of Nike International which are great and I use almost every time I'm off work. But now I'm looking for another pair of trainers.

I've looked around and the other dad status symbol is none other than the famous New Balance 574 series.  They've got a limited edition in various colours and I love them but I'm not sure which colour to choose.  Right now I'm favouring the safe option of the navy blue ones but I love the grey ones and really do like the red ones although I think I'm risking it there but would love to be brave.

Which ones do you guys prefer?

ml574ylc_nb_02_i?$dw_pdp_hero$

ml574yla_nb_02_i?$dw_pdp_hero$

ml574ylb_nb_02_i?$dw_pdp_hero$

ml574yld_nb_02_i?$dw_pdp_hero$

I would go top or bottom one. Top one at preference. Not a fan of the red pair at all.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I would go top or bottom one. Top one at preference. Not a fan of the red pair at all.

Cheers mate... The first ones (Blue) were the ones I had decided on before a friend at work took me to the Onitsuka Tiger store in Carnaby Street (we'd gone for a couple of pints in the area). So I decided to go for the cult Japanese brand instead with these ones.

D7K4N_9001_0010298500_RT?$product$

D7K4N_9001_0010298500_FL?$product$

• Subscriber
On 3/30/2018 at 13:02, SirBalon said:

Cheers mate... The first ones (Blue) were the ones I had decided on before a friend at work took me to the Onitsuka Tiger store in Carnaby Street (we'd gone for a couple of pints in the area). So I decided to go for the cult Japanese brand instead with these ones.

D7K4N_9001_0010298500_RT?$product$

D7K4N_9001_0010298500_FL?$product$

You made a very wise choice here. NB is nice but Onitsuka's imo are timeless. especially the Mexico classics. 

Archived