• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Michael Keane - Who Should He Move To?

Recommended Posts

Quote

Liverpool will join Merseyside rivals Everton in pursuit of Burnley centre-back Michael Keane after the 24-year-old's impressive England debut against Germany. (Daily Mail)

Played for England so now the inevitable step up is being touted.

Where should he go? How far can he go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably added £20m to his price tag with that England appearance so no doubt silly figures of £30m-40m will be flung around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would definitely have him here. Probably better than all our centre halves and would suit the way we currently defend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought he was very good the other night, plays the ball out well from the back which is something a lot more teams are trying to do nowadays.

He'd fit in well at either of the Merseyside clubs and Man City probably isn't a bad shout either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the move is imminent now he's played well for England. I'd like to see him at Man City of all the big clubs. Him and Stones creating a partnership would be best for English football. All you have to do is look at how Smalling created that goal for Middlesborough last weekend to recognise he cannot be trusted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're after him as well. Think every top 6 side will want him. Can see Chelsea going in for him as well as the Cahill replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Storts said:

We're after him as well. Think every top 6 side will want him. Can see Chelsea going in for him as well as the Cahill replacement.

Hope he doesn't turn out to be the new John Stones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Hope he doesn't turn out to be the new John Stones

Na he's more solid than that - think he'd be a good signing for any club in the league. I'd like him as our 3rd CB and push Dier back into midfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amusing how regularly we fuck off talent by placing shite players out of position and then look what happens. Surely there's a buy back clause in the contract? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should stay where he is for at least another season, as long as his club stay in the Premier.

How better to learn your trade than playing for a club who are more often than not on the backfoot defending against better players.

Sure has done him a power of good this season and you have to wonder what kinda buy back or percentage United have on him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I remember Salford Kel used to lose herself over the mention of his name.

Nah, that was Will Keane. He's not done so well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It's amusing how regularly we fuck off talent by placing shite players out of position and then look what happens. Surely there's a buy back clause in the contract? 

Sell on percentage clause I think? It's usually about 25/30% which would mean Utd would get a decent slice if say he went for around £25-£30m. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rate Gibson higher, although Keane is definitely a solid defender. More reliable than Stones. 

He'd improve Liverpool's back line as well as Spurs if they go three at the back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Nah, that was Will Keane. He's not done so well...

Yes i stand corrected, i even though well fuck me he changed a lot xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'd be silly to join Arsenal, United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool or Tottenham IMO. He'd be best to join Everton I reckon because he'll play regularly at a side at the right end of the Premier League. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Will Keane, what the shit happened to James Wilson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a left footed CB to partner Matip. Someone like Sakho would be perfect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We need a left footed CB to partner Matip. Someone like Sakho would be perfect. 

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why what? 

Why do you need a left footed CB to partner Matip? If a player is good with the ball at his feet, which Keane is, it doesn't really matter if he is LCB or RCB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cicero said:

Why do you need a left footed CB to partner Matip? If a player is good with the ball at his feet, which Keane is, it doesn't really matter if he is LCB or RCB. 

It gives better balance. It's not crucial granted and two right footed CB's can make a good partnership but if you can get a right and left footer playing well together it's better because each player is most comfortable on their side of the pitch. The way we play with both fullbacks pushing high up the pitch often means that the CB's cover the full back positions so in our case it would help more than it would other teams. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It gives better balance. It's not crucial granted and two right footed CB's can make a good partnership but if you can get a right and left footer playing well together it's better because each player is most comfortable on their side of the pitch. The way we play with both fullbacks pushing high up the pitch often means that the CB's cover the full back positions so in our case it would help more than it would other teams. 

 

Agree, matters a lot to us to have vertonghen on the left side and Dier/Toby on the right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

He'd be silly to join Arsenal, United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool or Tottenham IMO. He'd be best to join Everton I reckon because he'll play regularly at a side at the right end of the Premier League. 

Not true imo. Think he'd start at pretty much every one of the top 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Storts said:

Agree, matters a lot to us to have vertonghen on the left side and Dier/Toby on the right.

Does it? Cahill is doing more than fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cicero said:

Does it? Cahill is doing more than fine. 

That is because Cahill is cut from a superior cloth. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cicero said:

Does it? Cahill is doing more than fine. 

Yes, it does. When we don't have the balance right it messes with our side a lot. Always preferred partnership with left and right footed players on their respective sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spike said:

That is because Cahill is cut from a superior cloth. :ph34r:

Clearly. Azpilicueta as well when he plays LCB. No issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Storts said:

Agree, matters a lot to us to have vertonghen on the left side and Dier/Toby on the right.

Yep. One of our biggest weaknesses is when opponents attack us down our left side because when Milner pushes forward our LCB covers that area and with being a right footer he's just not comfortable, it's not natural to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement