talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 2-1 Liverpool - Thursday 3rd January, 2019

football forum

Alexander-Arnold had Sane in his pocket last year and  I don't think Sane was ripping him apart last night either. Manchester City, for all their midfield dominance, didn't create that much until Liverpool had to chase it at the end.

The FA Cup probably comes as a bit of a distraction, will Klopp put out a weak side and increase the chance of losing to a very good Wolves side? They'd have one less thing to think about you don't want negative momentum building up.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Alexander-Arnold had Sane in his pocket last year and  I don't think Sane was ripping him apart last night either. Manchester City, for all their midfield dominance, didn't create that much until Liverpool had to chase it at the end.

The FA Cup probably comes as a bit of a distraction, will Klopp put out a weak side and increase the chance of losing to a very good Wolves side? They'd have one less thing to think about you don't want negative momentum building up.

Or you try and build positive momentum by having a good cup run? 

There'll no doubt be rotation for a lot of sides in the cup after such a busy period in the league but don't think it'll be totally weak.

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I agree. Without De Bruyne we often lack penetration against top teams for all our dominance  ..its very frustrating at times watching them do 100 passes around the box then lose the ball 

• Subscriber

I still think Liverpool will win it this year despite losing last night, it's not if they got hammered or whatever, I never saw the match by my son did and said his Liverpool was still in it right to the end, quite surprised DeBruyne never played from the off? 

1 hour ago, CaaC - John said:

I still think Liverpool will win it this year despite losing last night, it's not if they got hammered or whatever, I never saw the match by my son did and said his Liverpool was still in it right to the end, quite surprised DeBruyne never played from the off? 

De Bruyne is getting over an injury, thats why he didn't play

37 minutes ago, José said:

TAA proving Teso right again, at least it didn't cost them the CL final. Too much of a liability defensively for very little reward offensively. The excuses will get old soon for the young defender. 

I think you might be right. I can see Liverpool upgrading him in the summer now that Clyne has fucked off. 

• Subscriber

What's this about? never saw the match B|

Pep Guardiola: FA warn Manchester City boss after behaviour at Liverpool game

2 hours ago | Man City

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has been warned by the Football Association about his behaviour during Thursday's 2-1 victory over Liverpool.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46764083

47 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

What's this about? never saw the match B|

Pep Guardiola: FA warn Manchester City boss after behaviour at Liverpool game

2 hours ago | Man City

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has been warned by the Football Association about his behaviour during Thursday's 2-1 victory over Liverpool.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46764083

He lost his shit after Fabinho was ruled to have been fouled (after Fabinho was fouled).

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Can only imagine how much "LoL ThEy Iz A sPeShAl LoTt AcRoS tHeR pArK iNt DeY hUrDeHuRdEhUr" 'banter' there'd be if one equally retarded Everton fan had posted something like this.

7 hours ago, Danny said:

TAA may have some work to do defensively but in attack he is absolutely class, Liverpool have a great wingback in the making.

Yep, just look at the two balls he plays in the build up to our goal that TAD has posted above. Superb.

Superb game. Both teams had to work for their openings and that's what top matches should be about. 

City were the better side they deserved the win. I can see why some would say Kompany should have been sent off but I'll back the referees call on that one. He had a good game throughout. Liverpool were unlucky when Mane hit the post and on the rebound when City nearly made a mess of it but they didn't capitalise after that. 

City slowly but surely took control great goal from Aguero. Allison may have been beaten at his near post but it wasn't his fault the power beat him. 

When Firmino equalised I thought Liverpool might go on with it but credit to City for hitting back great goal from Sane he was excellent throughout along with Aguero, Bernardo and Fernandinho. Liverpool are in a great position still though they'll be desperate for the 3 centre backs to come back from injury soon. 

For the good of the league I'm pleased City won I do think Liverpool will win it though and I've said that ever since Allison joined. Tottenham are still firmly in the title race to. Whatever happens it'll be a thrilling title race and it will go to the wire.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived