talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

Dictators saying stupid stuff like this has never gone well for them in the end. " If they can't buy bread eat cake ".

Our corrupt PM said beggars can't be choosers about toeing the line of US. This has made him more hated than his corruption. People can be poor and weak but that doesn't mean they are stupid and tolerate insult.

• Facepalm 1
  • Upvote 1

I know this happens a lot with crime but a bloke that has been caught 5 times carrying a knife clearly has no regard for the law or it's consequences on others.. As the judge pointed out he was utterly unable to learn from his previous convictions... 

Judge complains sentencing guidelines were 'no help' as he jails knifeman, 21 (msn.com)

If I was in charge I would bring in the 'Yakuza Rule' Every time you are caught carrying an offensive weapon like a sword or a knife they have to lose a finger.. I would let them choose which one.. For people found carrying firearms I would remove the trigger finger first

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

When does enough become fucking enough? 

When no action was taken after Sandy Hook, the precedent was set. That should have been the line. 

RIP to the poor children and teacher that died. 

How did this man simply walk into an elementary school with a firearm and rifle? Am I that ignorant to believe not all elementary schools have locking systems at all doors that only become unlocked by the front desk clerk? 

When ever I pick up my daughter the doors are locked and I have to page in for them to unlock. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I give up with America and some Americans with their fucking gun laws and the 3rd amendment bit about the right to carry a gun, it's pathetic, just watched a load of American politicians on the news pumping their bloody gums about how wrong it was and they should be banned, what a load of bollocks, FUCKING BAN THEM THEN!!!!:40_rage:

Loaded guns are evil, I have walked around with a loaded rifle in my army days on tours of duty knowing I had a tool in my hand that could take someone's life and in the back of my mind I was nervous as fuck, I have been shot at but lucky enough never shot back.

I thank god for that really because I don't think I could hack it if I had killed someone, I had enough on my mind walking into mortuaries looking at dead bodies that their lives had been taken away by bombs and bullets, god this is a wicked world we live in nowadays.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• Administrator

Funny how Texas voted in banning abortion, but also allow purchase of guns leading to children being killed.

But they'll do fuck all about trying eradicate the latter.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Steve Kerr... 

We are in such a bad place the world over with Lies, Corruption, Mis-Information War and Greed and Governments only interested in holding on for their own personal gain I am wondering what it would take for real change... :(

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Cicero said:

How did this man simply walk into an elementary school with a firearm and rifle? Am I that ignorant to believe not all elementary schools have locking systems at all doors that only become unlocked by the front desk clerk? 

When ever I pick up my daughter the doors are locked and I have to page in for them to unlock. 

I don't know about the US but any school in the UK that doesn't have this is an automatic "Inadequate" from an Ofsted inspection and effectively shut down until it is resolved.

12 hours ago, Stan said:

Funny how Texas voted in banning abortion, but also allow purchase of guns leading to children being killed.

But they'll do fuck all about trying eradicate the latter.

The American right is pro-life right up until the baby comes out the womb.

After that, they don't really give a shit about what happens to the baby - weirdly.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't know about the US but any school in the UK that doesn't have this is an automatic "Inadequate" from an Ofsted inspection and effectively shut down until it is resolved.

I don't have a kid but I asked some friends here who do... and only one of them has automatically locking doors at their kids' school. Tbh, I'm not surprised though. Education funding has schools running on pretty light budgets in the US - automatic locking doors I imagine would have many schools having to cut funding elsewhere.

And frankly, locking doors are only a minor solution to the problem in America. There's all of these mass shootings constantly in a country where people insist they have a "right" to weaponry and where guns outnumber people - of course there's more shootings in the US than anywhere else in the world... there's more guns than anywhere else in the world.

I can't imagine what it would take for the US to enact some serious gun control that actually works at stopping all of these mass killings. But given this is now the second time in a decade where very young children were murdered at their schools, and nothing really happened the first time around, I just can't imagine what kind of tragedy it would take for American lawmakers to remove their heads from their arses and actually do something to stop it.

3 dead and many injured as a train de-railed in the Alps... 

Train derailment

The train was heading northwards to Munich at around 12.15pm today (Friday) when several carriages rolled off the tracks in the Burgrain district of Loisachauen, near the resort town of Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Local press BR24 is reporting that a rescue operation has begun.

A spokesperson for the Garmisch-Partenkirchen district office told local outlets a total of 60 people were being treated with injuries - of which sixteen had been deemed serious.

Federal police said they had not yet established why the train had derailed, but BR24, a Bavarian news site, said that a large contingent of students may have been travelling because of the holidays.

Alps horror: Three dead and several injured after train derails in major emergency (msn.com)

• Sad 1

This is crazy stuff.... 

A woman has won $5.2m (£4.1m) from an insurance firm after claiming she contracted a sexually transmitted infection in a car it had a policy on.

The claimant, a woman from Missouri only being identified as MO, says she had sex with her partner in a car insured by the company Geico.

According to court documents, she claims this resulted in her catching HPV (human papillomavirus) because the man failed to tell her he had the infection.

HPV can lead to cervical cancer if left untreated and can also result in genital warts.

In February last year MO told Geico, a firm based in Maryland, she planned to sue them for $1m because the man's policy with them should have covered for her "injuries and losses".

Geico refused to pay out for the settlement, instead claiming her "injury" did not occur as a result of "normal use of the vehicle".

An arbitrator later ruled she should be given $5.2m in damages.

The woman then filed a motion to Jackson County Court seeking to claim her damages money.

On Thursday a three-judge panel of the Missouri Court of Appeals upheld her claim after various appeals by Geico.

But the firm says it is planning a federal lawsuit to argue the woman was not covered by her boyfriend's insurance policy.

In a statement on Thursday Geico said the lawsuit would determine if "there is coverage in this matter".

Edited by Bluewolf