• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Bolton Wanderers - Takeover Completed

Recommended Posts

@StefBWFC

Bolton owner Ken Anderson has written to players and staff to inform them they will not be paid on time this month, Sky Sports News understands.

The wages are due to be paid on Friday, but financial difficulties mean Phil Parkinson's squad will not be paid on the due date.

Anderson has assured the staff that the club is working hard to resolve the situation quickly.

Bolton's first-team squad went on strike over unpaid wages and bonuses back in July, ahead of the new Sky Bet Championship season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shock and horror. 

Anderson is the hardest nosed bastard in football ownership, this is not new. I see why he delays payments as long as possible, as our cash flow is clearly poisonous, however it really can't breed confidence in the already beleaguered playing (and non-playing) staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bolton Wanderers chairman Ken Anderson says he expects his players to be paid after a deal was agreed with assistance from the Professional Footballers' Association over unpaid wages.

The club's staff were paid on November 30, later than expected, but players were not included and another promise made on December 6 has also failed to result in wages being paid.

Anderson is understood to have written to the players assuring the money would be paid, however Sky Sports News understand the PFA also stepped in to providing assistance in resolving the matter.

Anderson issued a statement on their website that said: "Last Thursday l had what l thought was a constructive and meaningful discussion with several senior players and management, where l made a proposal to them about the payment of their November salaries.

"At the end of the discussion they thanked me for explaining and clarifying the position and said they would speak with the rest of the squad and get back to me.

"Later on Thursday one of the senior players sent me a text saying, 'we appreciate the offer you have made to us. Gordon Taylor from the PFA is going to act on our behalf and call you ASAP".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are Bolton is massive debt? @StefBWFC

Morale must be shit in the squad, worrying whether they're getting paid or not. And with you being at the wrong end of the table things don't look good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Are Bolton is massive debt? @StefBWFC

Morale must be shit in the squad, worrying whether they're getting paid or not. And with you being at the wrong end of the table things don't look good.

We're an exercise in the difference between hard debt and soft debt. Were now being wound up AGAIN, this time over some consultancy fee to do with renaming the stadium to the Macron. This means the PFA has currently pulled out, meaning we're absolutely nowhere. 

Talk of players being able to rip up contracts in 72 hours.

Laughing stock of the Football League.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now the club have come out and said that all staff will be paid on Friday, funded by Chairman/owner Ken Anderson himself. 

Great, you think, until you realise that the sweaty bastard is stumping up as a.) no lender will touch the club, and b.) he'll charge huge interest on it.

Fucked. We're utterly fucked.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reeks of Orient 16/17. 

Fully expect senior players to down toole and for the second half of the season to have a playing squad made up of youth players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolute banker for the drop sadly. What an absolute shambles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Further to this, the Bolton News sports writer Marc Iles has been banned from the stadium over his (bold, justified and enlightening) coverage of this whole affair.

Slimy Ken is Trump-esque in his leadership of the club. DIAHF really doesn't cut it for this bent cunt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Anderson slammed as Christian Doidge deal collapses at Bolton Wanderers

FOREST Green chairman Dale Vince has slammed Wanderers for not honouring their deal to sign Christian Doidge – and says he will be back with the club from this morning.

Wanderers have been accused of contractual breaches, with Vince claiming he has paid the 26-year-old striker’s wages in the four months he has been at the club.

Doidge has recently bought a house in the Bolton area – but was told on Thursday that he could not be registered for Saturday’s FA Cup game against Walsall because the club was in a registration embargo.

Regardless, sources at the club were confident the issue would be sorted this week – briefing local media on Saturday.

Vince then released this statement on Sunday evening.

“From Monday morning, Christian Doidge is back with FGR,” he said. “We've taken the decision to recall him after his loan agreement expired last week amid continual contractual breaches by Bolton Wanderers.

“It became clear to us that Bolton entered into a contract to loan and then buy Christian last August without the means to honour it, and perhaps the intention to do so as well. They haven't even paid his wages for the last four months (we have).

It's not just FGR that have been let down badly by Bolton, but Christian too.

“Bolton's Chairman, Ken Anderson, made a lot of promises on the last day of the transfer window, both to Christian and FGR, and has kept none of them.

“This is all his work and from talking to Ken he feels immune from the consequences - but some of these promises are written in legally binding contracts, and we'll be pursuing them.

“When the dust settles, we'll talk to the EFL (English Football League about how they regulate clubs like Bolton. They already regulate the club to a degree, controlling all TV monies to make sure that football debts get paid.

“Hard not to wonder whether the league could also have a role in approving the terms of any contracts entered into - to make sure that they are actually within the means of the club. We had no way to know, but the EFL should have the inside view on that.

“And finally (for now...) - Disappointing as it is to see this go pear shaped, both for FGR and Christian, I'm also excited by the prospect of the second half of the season with Christian back with us. I'm sure all FGR fans everywhere will join me in welcoming him back.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17339321.anderson-slammed-as-christian-doidge-deal-collapses-at-bolton-wanderers/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entirely predictable, sadly. We were never, EVER going to stump up £1m for Doidge, as it doesn't exist. Sweaty Ken has pulled the wool over everyone's eyes again, most of all Christian himself, who has just bought a house in the area.

Disgusting behaviour yet again from the dodgiest used-car salesman in English football. And this won't be the last time we're in the news for something financially/legally/morally questionable Anderson has done, as integrity in any of those three areas matters not to him.

Supporting this club is like watching your old pet dog die slowly and painfully. It's pissing on the carpets and is full of weeping sores, but you keep taking it to the vet, hoping one more injection, one more course of antibiotics will somehow help the poor mutt get back to its glory days. Really, you know that the fairest thing to do would be to take it out the back and put it out of its misery, but you just can't bring yourself to do it.

God, I'm fed up of BWFC. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did this guy used to be a football agent? Surely that says it all? How was he allowed to own a football club? I actually feel for you he seems worse than Venky's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His knobhead kid is a football agent. Sweaty Ken was banned from being a director for years back in the '00s, something financially reprehensible around the time he was advising at Southampton FC. 

Here's a troubling link:

There is huge talk of protest at the televised WBA game at home, which is massive for our fanbase as we generally accept our lot, no matter the situation. This is something different though, he really doesn't care a drop about 145 years of history and has played us all for mugs.

Might have to get out a bedsheet with 'Andersons: DIAHF' to represent this forum at the protest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AMG said:

He looks like he'd make a great antagonist in one of those Jason Statham Transporter movies.

😂

Apparently we owe Norwich a 'six figure sum' for non-payment of wages for Yannick Wildschut's and Remi Matthews's loans.

This truly is a car crash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think administration, which would mean certain relegation but likely to see the end of Anderson is the best scenario now. If he keeps hanging on, Bolton will go down with an ever increasing debt and may even have no football club at all. Stef would you take admin, relegation, a complete rebuild as you look to get the finances in order and 3/4 years in League One consolidating, before going back up, if it meant Anderson was a gonna?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, tommy_wafc said:

Think administration, which would mean certain relegation but likely to see the end of Anderson is the best scenario now. If he keeps hanging on, Bolton will go down with an ever increasing debt and may even have no football club at all. Stef would you take admin, relegation, a complete rebuild as you look to get the finances in order and 3/4 years in League One consolidating, before going back up, if it meant Anderson was a gonna?

The thing is, I don't think he's actually trying to ruin the club. He's keeping us solvent by prioritising payments to creditors ruthlessly, based on the awful cash flow issues we have - I believe he doesn't care who he pisses off in the process of prioritisation, as long as the club keeps running, ready for him to sell and walk away from this train wreck.

Unfortunately, the multi-billionaires aren't exactly queuing up, and it only serves to upset the playing staff's chances in the short term (who the hell would loan us a player now?) That obviously impacts on our chances of staying up, reducing the likelihood of him selling up even further. 

That makes administration seem more viable sadly, as he can get out more easily, without the big payday he wanted (just the measly 10k a week he's taking for himself). 

When do we take admin though? Now, and consolidate next season in League One, or sit tight, hope Parkinson works a miracle and pray for a benefactor at BL6 as a Championship club next year, while always being one missed HMRC payment away from being wound up (as is happening to the hotel at the moment). It's a hideous choice, and I couldn't make it. I don't think Anderson wants to make it either. 

I just wish the papers could cover some positive news at the club instead of Anderson's brinkmanship making us the joke of English football... sadly, that news is rarer than rocking horse shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been one of my hardest weeks as a Bolton fan. 

Promise of takeover, followed by staff not being paid (again!), followed by the training ground not having diesel for the fucking generator, talks of bidders pulling out, suppliers pulling out, another loss (ho hum, comparatively), and the council threatening prohibition of Saturday's game taking place due to safety certificate issues caused by (you guessed it) non-payment of emergency and security services. All while the HMRC (whose patience must be wearing  thin) plans to take the club to court on the 20th with ANOTHER winding-up petition. Oh, and the unlikely club saviour is fucking Kenyon. 

I am angry/confused/miserable beyond comprehension; that we've got to this stage astounds me. We're going under while Corrupt Ken sits in his Monegasque ivory tower, and there's seemingly nothing anyone can do to stop it. 

A cracking article on this whole sorry mess can be found here: https://twohundredpercent.net/is-this-how-bolton-wanderers-die/ 

TL;DR:

"It’s difficult to avoid the feeling that the whole of professional football – every governing body that allowed this to build up unchecked, every player, manager and agent who put taking money before anything else, everybody – should be hanging their heads in shame at what has happened to this club, but they won’t. They never do. Should the worst come to the worst, there’ll be the usual trite statements of regret for what has happened before everybody shrugs their shoulders, whispers “that’s business” under their breath and carries on as though nothing has happened. That this should be happening to a club of Bolton’s standing should be one of English football’s greatest shames, but it won’t be, and that’s no small part of the reason why the likes of Ken Anderson end up as emboldened to treat one of the Football League’s great institutions in such a way as they do. It’s the mantra of the modern world, and it’s the mantra of modern football. If you can’t make a buck from it, it’s not worth a penny."

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

This has been one of my hardest weeks as a Bolton fan. 

Promise of takeover, followed by staff not being paid (again!), followed by the training ground not having diesel for the fucking generator, talks of bidders pulling out, suppliers pulling out, another loss (ho hum, comparatively), and the council threatening prohibition of Saturday's game taking place due to safety certificate issues caused by (you guessed it) non-payment of emergency and security services. All while the HMRC (whose patience must be wearing  thin) plans to take the club to court on the 20th with ANOTHER winding-up petition. Oh, and the unlikely club saviour is fucking Kenyon. 

I am angry/confused/miserable beyond comprehension; that we've got to this stage astounds me. We're going under while Corrupt Ken sits in his Monegasque ivory tower, and there's seemingly nothing anyone can do to stop it. 

A cracking article on this whole sorry mess can be found here: https://twohundredpercent.net/is-this-how-bolton-wanderers-die/ 

TL;DR:

"It’s difficult to avoid the feeling that the whole of professional football – every governing body that allowed this to build up unchecked, every player, manager and agent who put taking money before anything else, everybody – should be hanging their heads in shame at what has happened to this club, but they won’t. They never do. Should the worst come to the worst, there’ll be the usual trite statements of regret for what has happened before everybody shrugs their shoulders, whispers “that’s business” under their breath and carries on as though nothing has happened. That this should be happening to a club of Bolton’s standing should be one of English football’s greatest shames, but it won’t be, and that’s no small part of the reason why the likes of Ken Anderson end up as emboldened to treat one of the Football League’s great institutions in such a way as they do. It’s the mantra of the modern world, and it’s the mantra of modern football. If you can’t make a buck from it, it’s not worth a penny."

 

I feel your pain. Rangers have been struggling for years to recover from bad owners.

Hopefully it gets better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I feel bad for Bolton.

I could be quite cold hearted given how many football fans from clubs all over the country absolutely revelled in our demise, Bolton included. I mean "We all hate Leeds scum" right?

We've had to suffer lots of shit and had our noses rubbed in it. Laughing in our faces at consistant failings. It's been a humbling experience but we have stayed true to the club and never deserted them. Now the tables are turning, we are on the up as a club whilst others are going through shit times.

It's taken us a long time to recover and we still haven't got back to the top flight. Fingers crossed we get what we deserve in 11 games time.

Now having been through it, I can hand on heart say its been the worst time for me as a football fan seeing my club decimated. And I cannot wish ill will on anyone, no matter how fun it is to jump on the Anti-Leeds bandwagon.

I personally hope Bolton and the fans can regroup and get through all this palava. It may not be happy days in the short term but hopefully they will find their way back in time. No decent football fan one wants to see the demise of a club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter Kenyon is trying to takeover isn't he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can you expect the players to be fully committed if you don't stick to your promise and pay them? Really hope this whole situation at Bolton gets sorted as it's not a great sight. Really do feel for the Bolton fans, players and staff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's the day, folks. In front of the HMRC with everything shrouded in NDA secrecy regarding any potential takeover. 

Expect liquidation headlines tomorrow (administration isn't an option as there is nobody to actually fund it), however, there are massive ITK rumblings of there being an unnamed bidder coming in during the 5 day notice for liquidation period. 

Either way, you'll all know by the end of the month if the club crest next to my name actually means anything anymore. 

This is going to be a hellish week for my blood pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StefBWFC said:

Today's the day, folks. In front of the HMRC with everything shrouded in NDA secrecy regarding any potential takeover. 

Expect liquidation headlines tomorrow (administration isn't an option as there is nobody to actually fund it), however, there are massive ITK rumblings of there being an unnamed bidder coming in during the 5 day notice for liquidation period. 

Either way, you'll all know by the end of the month if the club crest next to my name actually means anything anymore. 

This is going to be a hellish week for my blood pressure.

Hope it goes well for you buddy :100_pray:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope things get sorted Stef would be terrible to see Bolton just disappear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best of luck Bolton!

Macclesfield are in court today too facing a winding-up petition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’ll be fine. No professional Football Club has “died” since 1992 and I don’t expect it to start happening now. 

Someone will step in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No professional 'league' club has died since 1992. North Ferriby United 'died' just last week and they were in the National League a few seasons ago and did really well in the FA Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

No professional 'league' club has died since 1992. North Ferriby United 'died' just last week and they were in the National League a few seasons ago and did really well in the FA Cup.

Yep. 

It’s common in non-league football through daft ownership, however, I just cannot see a professional side going to the wall. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement