talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

20 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Games Night - 9/10 I had this on a list to watch for quite awhile. Star studded cast, I had heard good things and it had fairly good reviews as well. I was reminded on the plane I wanted to watch this one just ran out of time. I haven't laughed that hard in a movie in sometime. Its just ridiculous and hilarious from start to finish. Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams have amazing chemistry and carry it pretty far. If you want something fairly brainless and want a good laugh check it out, absolutely worth it. 

I remember enjoying this very much! Also Jesse Plemons was fucking amazing in it. xD

• Like 1

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I remember enjoying this very much! Also Jesse Plemons was fucking amazing in it. xD

Yeah he was dynamite. Hes always so good at playing these kind of roles. Actually was looking forward to watching the Killer Moon for a few reasons but also with him playing a seemingly serious role for once. 

Its such a stupid movie but so well written and acted it just all works. Loved it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

gozilla2023-683x1024.jpg?resize=620%2C930&ssl=1

Really good. Best Kaiju movie I have watched in a long time. Glad they took the story back to its roots instead of that skippy movie that's coming out next year. I rate this above Shin Gojira and that is also very good if you haven't watched it and like these kinds of movies. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Napoleon.    Battle scenes were great, though not totally historically accurate.   Too much emphasis put on the relationship between Napoleon and Josephine and not enough on Napoleon's military and political campaigns.  If you got your information about Napoleon from this film you would think everything he did was to impress Josephine or win her love back.   It was a good film though, but I wouldn't go see it again,

• Subscriber
On 13/12/2023 at 23:05, Cicero said:

Godzilla Minus One : 9/10

Recommend all of you to get off your arse and see it. 

It really was. Sometimes its totally okay to go back to basics. All this partnering with out Kaiju is cute but ultimately you want a disaster movie and a big monster doing damage.

Out Of The Furnace - 8/10. Watched it when it came out 10 years ago. Not watched many movies for the last 6 years as I've been watching series. Going to watch some movies over the next couple of weeks which I watched a few years back. Want to see how my impressions of them are second time round.

• 2 weeks later...

i got to watch Oppenheimer yesterday and it was a lot better than I was expecting.    I liked the flashpoint style of the movie instead of being a droning biopic focused on a specific aspect of the Mahatten project.

it was well worth the hype, I thought the acting was good, the dramatic tensions were keeping me engaged.    

I enjoyed RDJs portrayal of Lewis Strauss was on point.  the movie is not a movie about the bombs but rather a legal and political power struggle on who gets to decide how absolute power is wielded.

On 02/01/2024 at 21:51, Cicero said:

Wasn't the biggest issue that the USA hid everything from the allies?

One of which was Soviet Russia, who spied on the entire thing.  Talk about  a difficult marriage.  The biggest issue in my mind was the US government thinking nuclear proliferation was a deterrent, that didn't work  to well.

• 3 weeks later...

John wick 4, I think it is a good place to stop now, while the first two were full badassery, it's now starting to get very Shakey with bulletproof plot armor and defying reality.   

It's been a good thing so please let it end and ride into the sunset.   The end sequence in the credits made me a little concerned though that they will ride the coattails of John Wicks success to push a stupid revenge narrative so a chick can try kill a blind guy that killed more people than the bubonic plague.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoGR6XjehXbKxkTKu3ZysVHtdX3aWWwfAVU0xGOxQfNf7qxvRp

I am a bit late on the streaming service game,  for many years I was stuck on Netflix and Showmax but Amazon is pretty good yet like netflix doesn't exactly have "everything" either.

Anyways I watched this,  didn't even know it existed until today and it was actually good, probably better than the last two Resident Evil movies done with Alice.  It is some origin story mish mash between the events of Res evil 1 and 2.  

Past Lives (2023)

It was beautiful. It felt very realistic, and very well acted. The dialogues reminded me a lot of Richard Linklater's movies. The cinematography was absolutely beautiful as well. There were so many scene where there wasn't anything said, but just the body language and the glances conveyed so much.  It makes you think about the what if's in life. 

8/10

I was googling the Korean main protagonist actress and actor, and saw that the woman, Greta Lee, was born in Los Angeles. I was fully expecting to be the guy, Teo Yoo, to be from Korea. And then I found out he's from fucking Cologne. xD But apparently he never worked on any German production from what I've seen. Both were great in this film though! 

On 26/01/2024 at 16:06, Tommy said:

Past Lives (2023)

It was beautiful. It felt very realistic, and very well acted. The dialogues reminded me a lot of Richard Linklater's movies. The cinematography was absolutely beautiful as well. There were so many scene where there wasn't anything said, but just the body language and the glances conveyed so much.  It makes you think about the what if's in life. 

8/10

I was googling the Korean main protagonist actress and actor, and saw that the woman, Greta Lee, was born in Los Angeles. I was fully expecting to be the guy, Teo Yoo, to be from Korea. And then I found out he's from fucking Cologne. xD But apparently he never worked on any German production from what I've seen. Both were great in this film though! 

I was really confused because I thought you were talking about a Japanese movie named Perfect Days