talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (4) 4-0 (3) Barcelona - Tuesday 7th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)

The thing is looking at both teams tonight.

One team worked their socks off, took the game to the opposition, were braver, and outran and outfought the opposition, almost steamrolling the other team in the process. 

Tonight was a great advert for hard work, talent in football will go only get you so far.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Dr. Gonzo @LFCMike @LFCMadLad I tell you what I really like and respect about you guys is the way you have been patient. You've rebuilt Liverpool. You've not taken a short cut, sacked the manager after a few bad results. Shore you haven't won anything yet and other clubs have but you are doing it the right way. It does actually give me a  bit of hope that arsenal can get back to being competitive. I think the only way to compete with the big spenders like city is to be patient stick with the manager and hopefully it will pay of

2 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

One team worked their socks off, took the game to the opposition, were braver, and outran and outfought the opposition, almost steamrolling the other team in the process. 

Tonight was a great advert for hard work, talent in football will go only get you so far.

100% Barcelona only have them selves to blame. They thought they were through which they really shouldn't of after last year. I actually think the premier League may have taken over la Liga now.

7 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Basically a very bad night for latin football culture. 

Skill, experience, cynicism, and cleverness can win you a lot things. In fact, it wins you most things. 

But there are occasions where a team will just be too arrogant, too clever for their own good, and a team with a proper footballing culture, a more careful preparation, and a superior will to play, will roll them over.

And the humiliation will be all the deeper and all the more lasting for it. 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

@Dr. Gonzo @LFCMike @LFCMadLad I tell you what I really like and respect about you guys is the way you have been patient. You've rebuilt Liverpool. You've not taken a short cut, sacked the manager after a few bad results. Shore you haven't won anything yet and other clubs have but you are doing it the right way. It does actually give me a  bit of hope that arsenal can get back to being competitive. I think the only way to compete with the big spenders like city is to be patient stick with the manager and hopefully it will pay of

I think if you've got the right manager in place, the next step is just getting them the right players. If a manager shows they've got a system that's worth investing in, that's when a club should really go heavy with investment... and really only when it's specifically identified what areas of the squad need improving and what players bring in the right qualities for the system that work.

Michael Edwards has done such an incredible job with recruitment for Klopp. The two of them have really been a revelation lately, I hope they keep it up for as long as possible. Sustained success is the goal and we'll only get that with stability. The way Klopp has rebuilt the side is incredible though. This is an incredible Liverpool side.

I think Chelsea will find that out sooner rather than later now that the other big clubs have more financial parity with them and Citeh are doing what they used to do... but they've got a stable set up with Pep and aren't likely to fuck with that any time soon. So in a way, credit to Pep and Citeh as well as Kloppo and Edwards... it's because of the high bar they've set that we've had to improve so tremendously to keep up. Although also fuck Manchester City xD

Feel that messi disappears in the games when needed most. 

Never won a trophy for country. 

And I think innesta had a most influential affect on his Barca career. Has Barca won it since innesta left?

messi is a great player just missing big game piece (perhaps a move from Barcelona, a new challenge would be good for him)

also coutinho did nothing for himself in these two games vs his former club which he desired to leave. Guess he wishes he never left. Then again without his leaving Liverpool could not have gotten vvd and Allison 

poetic justice?

Fair play. I didn't watch the match but as soon as I saw the headlines and comments on a 'controversial goal' I watched the 20 min highlights. 

Barcelona should have scored a goal at some point in the first 20 minutes, the only period they seemed to have a sustained attack. They didn't, just like liverpool should have scored in the first leg. Football owes you nothing so no complaints. 

Suarez is a cunt

The goal from the corner is purely Barcelonas fault. 

Messi created a goal at home, scored a world class free kick, and then made several chances to score an away goal.

It isn't his fault that he's stuck at a club with an insane inferiority complex around the CL, a cowardly manager whose tactics are essentially a budget rip-off of Mourinho, and a bunch of weak-minded teammates who lack the mentality to produce under pressure. 

• Subscriber

It seemed like Barcelona approached the game with the same attitude as most of us non-professional footballer internet wankers of "well Messi will probably just come up with at least one goal then they'll have to score five so who's even arsed?".

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's only a thing because you make it a thing. 

Use your ignore feature. Use your fucking brain. 

Not in the mood to bud. Also that's blantantly false. If that were true then I would have been the entire reason he was banned. I'm not.

It's not a thing because I make it a "thing". That's childish.

Theres something outrageously satisfying about watching a what is still just a boy from Liverpool singlehandedly outsmarting and breaking the hearts of what is supposedly a global superclub. 

Just now, Inverted said:

Theres something outrageously satisfying about watching a what is still just a boy from Liverpool singlehandedly outsmarting and breaking the hearts of what is supposedly a global superclub. 

It's honestly incredible they just switched off like that and he had the reactions to think "fuck it" and go for the pass.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's honestly incredible they just switched off like that and he had the reactions to think "fuck it" and go for the pass.

It's just the sweetest feeling to see the shock of people who are used to everything being handed to them clutch their pearls when somebody chooses not to treat them like god's gift to earth. 

"You don't want to defend a corner right now? Fuck you, it's a CL semi final and you're losing 3-0, wake the fuck up". 

1 minute ago, José said:

Doesnt even come close to making up for the poor performance he had versus RM last year. When he actually learns how to defend properly, he will be a decent player imo. A poor man's Marcelo is all he is 

He did alright all things considered. I'm the first to rip into him when he fucks up defensively, but he's undeniably an attack-minded full-back. 

You yourself will know I'm a huge fan of Marcelo, but we both know he couldn't defend for shit when he was 20. TAA has time to learn and balance his game better, just like Marcelo. 

Oh you know what's interesting... people say that it's laughable to suggest that anyone other than Alba is the best left back in Europe. But he was absolutely shite tonight. And yeah, not every player has a good performance and sometimes players play poorly. But he gifted it to Trent a number of times.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh you know what's interesting... people say that it's laughable to suggest that anyone other than Alba is the best left back in Europe. But he was absolutely shite tonight. And yeah, not every player has a good performance and sometimes players play poorly. But he gifted it to Trent a number of times.

Probably worst game I've seen him play. 

Unfathomable in a game like this. He's let his team down tonight with this performance. 

Just now, Stan said:

Probably worst game I've seen him play. 

Unfathomable in a game like this. He's let his team down tonight with this performance. 

I thought everyone for Barca was pretty poor except Vidal... but maybe that was because our lads were playing like men possessed. But he was exceptionally bad, I'd say their worst player on the pitch.

Wouldn't have expected that really.

13 minutes ago, José said:

Doesnt even come close to making up for the poor performance he had versus RM last year. When he actually learns how to defend properly, he will be a decent player imo. A poor man's Marcelo is all he is 

Oh fuck off.

Who let this creep back in?

• The title was changed to Liverpool (4) 4-0 (3) Barcelona - Tuesday 7th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived