talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (4) 4-0 (3) Barcelona - Tuesday 7th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Valverde in trouble?

He has to be surely.

Barcelona haven't entirely underachieved, but the context of it puts his job in so much danger. 2 years running he's lost in this manner.

Football. Bloody hell. 

Didn't see the game. But how could Barca actually let this happen? Again? 

I remember I stated it somewhere, but it holds true. Barca won't ever win the CL under Valverde. In fact, they should sack him for Xavi. 

That was incredible. I'm so happy for Liverpool. I really want them to win it. For them to end up with nothing at the end of the season would be a travesty

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Suarez really did fuck it up with that kick out.

He's a scumbag and a cheat and hopefully he'll be remembered for the many negatives and failures of his career over his few moments of success. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Congrats to our lovely Liverpool section on here, have fun gentlemen.

This. Sound lot on here. 

In an sense I wanted Ajax to smack Barcelona in the final, as that would’ve been nice poetic justice. Thouh if it comes down to it, I’ll take Liverpool over Tottenham 24/7/365

19 minutes ago, Rick said:

After everything Barcelona have done tonight, you're gonna call that unsporting? 

Like Robertson taking a swipe at messi while on the ground.  

Liverpool is no stranger to unfair play. 

That goal was tricky at best. 

Im not a fan of free kicks being taken quickly.  U should have to wait for the ref to whistle to stop and start play.  I would not be happy if I was on the receiving end of that kind of play

That said Barcelona have themselves to blame to squander a 3:0 lead then a 3:1 lead with 45 minutes to play 

Have they become the 'bottlers'?

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

He's a scumbag and a cheat and hopefully he'll be remembered for the many negatives and failures of his career over his few moments of success. 

I'm afraid you're going to be very disappointed...

• The title was changed to Liverpool (4) 4-0 (3) Barcelona - Tuesday 7th May, 2019
Just now, Grizzly21 said:

I'm afraid you're going to be very disappointed...

When I think "Luis Suarez" I picture two biting scandals, a handball against Ghana, him crying his eyes out at Selhurst park, and the two of the biggest bottlings in CL history. 

• Subscriber

I don't see how anyone complains about that goal being unsporting. You want to win the Champions League and you're playing Liverpool you can't afford to switch off and all turn away at a corner.

Just now, The Käiser said:

Like Robertson taking a swipe at messi while is on the ground.  

Liverpool is no stranger to unfair play. 

That goal was tricky at best. 

Im not a fan of free kicks being taken quickly.  U should have to wait for the ref to whistle to stop and start play. 

That said Barcelona have themselves to blame to squander a 3:0 lead then a 3:1 lead with 45 minutes to play 

Have they become the 'bottlers'?

Every team has mastered the dark arts and is no saint in a sea of sinners. It is the unfortunate nature of the game, players do not respect the rules, the referee, or sportsmanship. Even many fans are the same. Diving is the end of me thoigh, I hate it

3 minutes ago, Machado said:

Very happy for Klopp. Champions League final, holy fuck. No group of players deserves it more. I would have been in tears after that comeback.

I am in tears. Trying hard not to cry Infront of my brother but I couldn't help it. 

Best team of my life, it really deserves that trophy.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't see how anyone complains about that goal being unsporting. You want to win the Champions League and you're playing Liverpool you can't afford to switch off and all turn away at a corner.

It's in the culture of the Spanish big clubs. 

Everyone's expected to bend over for them domestically, and then they alone are allowed to use any means necessary against foreign clubs. 

3 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Xavi will be looking for something to do...

I can honestly see this being a mandatory thing for Barca now. Valverde is the total opposite of what Barca stand for, and his tactics just aren't made for cup competitions. He's always reactive vs proactive and with a team of that quality, purely unacceptable. 

Xavi managing Barca just makes sense. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool (4) 4-0 (3) Barcelona - Tuesday 7th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived