talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (4) 4-0 (3) Barcelona - Tuesday 7th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thereis a lot of criticism to Messi, but he was great in the 1st match and even today he created a lot. There are at least 5 high danger chances in this video, plus at least dangerous shots that went very near the post.  

Messi is not a problem for Barcelona, he is the solution. Like I´ve said last week, Barcelona was not good at all this season but managed to make it in a weak La Liga season. In the end of the day, the Neymar transfer ended up being bad for Barcelona and for Neymar. Neither Coutinho nor Dembélé have regularly given Barcelona the production they expect in the wings. In my opinion, Barcelona should sell Coutinho and bring some competition for Dembélé. 

Wijnaldum was the game changer,  like Van der Beek at Ajax he ghosts without anyone picking him up, Gini always does this for the National team and when he played at PSV, he seems to be used more defensive in the premier league.  

1 minute ago, José said:

Can you all spot the difference? Until TAA drastically improves defensively, he will continue being the weakest link of that defence. RM used it to their advantage, Barcelona didnt, that's the difference. 

Go and count the number of times the Utd players performed below par this season. Should take you a good while. 

As if you've been let back on here to just come and spout bullshit despite us performing a near miracle. What a shame. 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Three. He started his rabid biting in Holland already xD 

4! he went on strike at Groningen and also bought the club to court to release him from his contract so he could go to Ajax lost the court case but Gronigen still sold him, really shitty thing he did. Also reminds when we Arsenal wanted him the fuss he made at Liverpool.  A really dislikable person. 

3 minutes ago, José said:

Can you all spot the difference? Until TAA drastically improves defensively, he will continue being the weakest link of that defence. RM used it to their advantage, Barcelona didnt, that's the difference. 

I don't think Karius giving goals away is TAA's fault - pretty sure he was marking Cristiano. What did Cristiano do that match?

Absolutely deserved and not on just tonight's showing. It would've been a travesty for Barça to have arrived in that final in Madrid for the simple reason that there has been very little special about them aside from Messi. For me competitions such as the Champions League is about those great sides that romp and make you feel that they're special, this Liverpool side are special as are Ajax in that other semi-final who knocked out Real Madrid and Juventus along the way... Just think about that for a second considering recent history in this competition.

An Ajax v Liverpool Final in 2019 is how it should be and I hope the Dutch side sort it out tomorrow because football should reward great finals to great sides even though it doesn't always work out that way unfortunately.

Congrats to Liverpool. It's a sin to dissect anything from this game or the previous one because they're where they deserve to be in this competition at least. In the Premier League they've been a tad unfortunate but maybe... Maybe?

As if I'm seeing some cunt criticise Trent's performance in last year's final when one goal was a worldie and the other two were the worst mistakes you'll ever see from a goalkeeper in a European Cup final. Get back under that rock, gobshite

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Absolutely deserved and not on just tonight's showing. It would've been a travesty for Barça to have arrived in that final in Madrid for the simple reason that there has been very little special about them aside from Messi. For me competitions such as the Champions League is about those great sides that romp and make you feel that they're special, this Liverpool side are special as are Ajax in that other semi-final who knocked out Real Madrid and Juventus along the way... Just think about that for a second considering recent history in this competition.

An Ajax v Liverpool Final in 2019 is how it should be and I hope the Dutch side sort it out tomorrow because football should reward great finals to great sides even though it doesn't always work out that way unfortunately.

Congrats to Liverpool. It's a sin to dissect anything from this game or the previous one because they're where they deserve to be in this competition at least. In the Premier League they've been a tad unfortunate but maybe... Maybe?

Ajax really have nothing to lose but if they do make it to the final it will be an amazing season but if people follow Ajax it is really not a great surprise considering they did make the Europa League final 2 years ago with a several of these current players who have just grown even better since.  Liverpool and Ajax is really like football purest final because of the iconic history behind the clubs in Europe as well. 

10 minutes ago, José said:

You know well your opinion is highly rated by Teso but you know Messi lacks leadership/ being clutch. Dont you remember Neymar having to single handedly carry Barcelona when Suarez and messi slacked?? 

Messi is not a leader, but you don´t necessarily your best player to be a leader. His production was really good, he can´t really be blamed for the elimination. 

I agree that Barcelona lacks some toughness, Vidal gives them that, but he´s arrived this season and still doesn´t have a big influence in the dressing room. After the 2nd goal, they needed someone to say that all was fine and that they´d still win. In that sense, Puyol has never been replaced.

@José on a one man crusade tonight looking for a big haul. 

tumblr_pcd7hpn95H1udrhi2o1_400.gif.29a570a2b87df022a9ad81caae2ed7ae.gif

For what it's worth, I think he's talking complete broken biscuits but I can't fault a trier.

You simply cannot criticise anything or anyone from a Liverpool perspective tonight. Faultless.

End of story.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

I shouldn't be amazed, but I am amazed, that people are pinning that on Messi.

Absolute fucking madness.

Basically every Barca chance of this tie was thanks to Messi. I can barely even think of a shot on target that he didn't create.

He is the only reason it was even close. 

Barcelona lack leaders and also it shows the Coach is not good at all with tactics, at 2-0 the leaders on the pitch should of stepped up and fired everyone up, also the coach had to do more but like Wenger he really just lets them play football with no real plan as mostly the players are good enough in the Spanish League to win by themselves.  There is no players in that team are willing to get tough and work their socks off, instead their tactic was just to do slimy sneaky tactics like what Suarez did.  Overall the 3-0 in the Nou Camp papered over the cracks for Barcelona as Liverpool never really deserved to lose that much and also should have scored several times themselves. 

26 minutes ago, Rick said:

Go and count the number of times the Utd players performed below par this season. Should take you a good while. 

As if you've been let back on here to just come and spout bullshit despite us performing a near miracle. What a shame. 

The best part is that Barcelona did exploit him and he was torn apart in the first half, but Trent got his shit together and played a blinder in the second. I'm the biggest critic of TAA but he deserves credit today, he was great.

23 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Your Barcelona; as I said earlier have a horrendously assembled squad. If you look at the individual talent of Barcelona, it is a very wealthy club, but comparing it to Liverpool’s; how many a actuslly deserve or fit in the team? I could axe at least twelve players from the twenty-five squad.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Your Barcelona; as I said earlier have a horrendously assembled squad. If you look at the individual talent of Barcelona, it is a very wealthy club, but comparing it to Liverpool’s; how many a actuslly deserve or fit in the team? I could axe at least twelve players from the twenty-five squad.

Go on then?!

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Go on then?!

Semedo
Rakitic
Todbido (who?)
Coutinho
Dembele
Rafinha
Cilessen
Malcom
Murillo
Boateng
Vidal
Vermaelen

Then you have a bunch on loan that shouldn't come back. Compare that to Liverpool. How many are just perfect for that team? The only player univerally reviled is Moreno.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Semedo
Rakitic
Todbido (who?)
Coutinho
Dembele
Rafinha
Cilessen
Malcom
Murillo
Boateng
Vidal
Vermaelen

Then you have a bunch on loan that shouldn't come back.

Murillo is the first one that should go. In my opinion, Anderson Santamaria who plays for Atlas in Mexico is 3 times the player Murillo is, yet he plays for Barcelona and the other one at a bottom half club in Mexico. Baffling that he's there, football has no logic.

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

Barcelona just are not bringing though the youth at the moment, they are buying these average players at such a waste instead of giving time to the youth, players like Malcom, Dembele and other shit like those are just not good enough at all, the model at Barca seems to be broken some where due to the pressure of winning.

A Johan Cruyff famous quote about youth at Barcelona which kind of sums them up at this moment.

‘So I said: “Put him in the first team. He will grow. Everybody grows.” And they said: “Yes, but we will lose.” I said: “If we lose, we lose. We need to create players”’

The boy in question? His name was Pep Guardiola.

5 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Murillo is the first one that should go. In my opinion, Anderson Santamaria who plays for Atlas in Mexico is 3 times the player Murillo is, yet he plays for Barcelona and the other one at a bottom half club in Mexico. Baffling that he's there, football has no logic.

Barcelona have no one in midfield that can keep the ball anymore, that is why Messi has to come so deep to pick the ball up at times when they come against good teams.   Frenkie de Jong will make a huge difference but again its a high price to pay when they should be producing their own players like de Jong. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool (4) 4-0 (3) Barcelona - Tuesday 7th May, 2019 (SF 2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived