talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Things you're "supposed" to like (but you don't)

football forum

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/09/2019 at 10:02, nudge said:

Is it just F1 or motorsports/racing in general? 

xD Nah that's what this thread for...

I personally don't like watching F1 nor any other motorsport, however i would love to participate in most of them, specially F1 or rally, loved kartings as a kid. That also happens to me with a lot of sports, i don't like watching other people play them but i enjoy playing them myself.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I personally don't like watching F1 nor any other motorsport, however i would love to participate in most of them, specially F1 or rally, loved kartings as a kid. That also happens to me with a lot of sports, i don't like watching other people play them but i enjoy playing them myself.

Fair enough... I'm actually the same when it comes to most sports (bar football and motorsports). Used to do a lot of sports in the past, especially basketball and athletics, but there's no way I'd watch any track & field events these days haha.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Machado said:

Don't know how I ever liked clubbing. Sticky floors, loud and mostly annoying music, overpriced drinks and being surrounded by sweaty strangers touching you all the time because the place is probably overcrowded. Ahhh what's not to like right?

Bang on. 

Can't stand clubs these days. 

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Machado said:

Don't know how I ever liked clubbing. Sticky floors, loud and mostly annoying music, overpriced drinks and being surrounded by sweaty strangers touching you all the time because the place is probably overcrowded. Ahhh what's not to like right?

39 minutes ago, Stan said:

Bang on. 

Can't stand clubs these days. 

Clubbing is awful. I've actually been to a night club 3 times only - first time in my teenage years and hated it, second time after graduating from high school as unfortunately that's where the party was arranged to be, and third (and last) time about 15 years later as a friend went missing during the night out in town and that was one of the potential places for the search party to look for him xD Honestly hope I'll never set foot into one ever again. 

Clubs are generally awful but I do occasionally look forward to going out for like a pal's birthday or something. If I've had a shit week it can be nice to just go out, get far too drunk, make an arse of myself and have dance, and try and pull someone. 

But I don't get people who go out every week. Most weeks I'd much rather just stay at someone's flat, or go home early. 

Coffee nor tea. It seems that people swear by at least one of these, but I honestly can't stand either. I think my taste buds have trouble detecting sweetness but register bitterness very intensely, so coffee just tastes like water from a ditch to me even if I throw 3 lumps of sugar in that mess.

Steaks and bacon. I'm a vegasaur so I guess I'm not 'supposed' to like either, but even when I still ate meat regularly, I always avoided these. The first thing many people will ask when they find out I don't eat meat is 'don't you miss steaks?' Nah, just the thought of it makes me nauseous.

The Spanish language. I studied it, but I honestly can't care for it, nor for much of the culture associated with it. Strange how you can just grow out of something you dedicated 4 years of your life to.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Nascar; only simple minded people can enjoy watching fat fuckers in cars drive in circles for hours.

Does anyone actually watch Nascar on TV? I thought the only appeal was the race track experience; i.e. getting shitfaced on beer and stuffing one's face with junk food while smelling the rubber burning and listening to 800HP beasts roaring around the track. 

36 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Tea is vastly overrated. 

The big bang theory is fucking trash.

Nascar; only simple minded people can enjoy watching fat fuckers in cars drive in circles for hours.

Or people that can appreciate the concentration of the drivers and engineering going into the vehicles...

For me, if an F1 fan can't appreciate Nascar, and vice versa; they are fucking weird. BENDY VS ROUND

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

Or people that can appreciate the concentration of the drivers and engineering going into the vehicles...

For me, if an F1 fan can't appreciate Nascar, and vice versa; they are fucking weird. BENDY VS ROUND

How interesting a track is will 100% make a difference on what a racing fan will enjoy to watch. I can fully understand F1 fans not being interested by Nascar - IndyCar is more of a like for like tournament (although IndyCar still has a fair bit of ovals, which I think are boring as fuck).

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How interesting a track is will 100% make a difference on what a racing fan will enjoy to watch. I can fully understand F1 fans not being interested by Nascar - IndyCar is more of a like for like tournament (although IndyCar still has a fair bit of ovals, which I think are boring as fuck).

That may be true but if someone hates F1 and loves Nascar (or vice versa) I sincerely doubt their actual interest in racing vehicles and attribute it to asomething else entirely.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Spike said:

I can appreciate the difficulty and skill required to drive it as well as build it and set it up. Still wouldn't be able to watch the entire race on TV though. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nascar does some road courses now too! :D 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Nascar does some road courses now too! :D 

Really? I had no idea.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

That may be true but if someone hates F1 and loves Nascar (or vice versa) I sincerely doubt their actual interest in racing vehicles and attribute it to asomething else entirely.

The biggest turnoff for Nascar to me is that the bodies of the cars are all the same and the only real difference is in the engines. Well that and the oval tracks - I have no idea why oval tracks are so popular in the U.S.

You definitely have to respect the skill of the drivers though. If I remember right, Kimi Raikkonen (who's one of my favourite F1 drivers ever) was pretty shit at Nascar.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Really? I had no idea.

The biggest turnoff for Nascar to me is that the bodies of the cars are all the same and the only real difference is in the engines. Well that and the oval tracks - I have no idea why oval tracks are so popular in the U.S.

You definitely have to respect the skill of the drivers though. If I remember right, Kimi Raikkonen (who's one of my favourite F1 drivers ever) was pretty shit at Nascar.

Yeah 3 or 4 races. It's a very unusual sight haha.

To be fair Kimi only drove one or two races and was pretty good. Montoya also did a lot of  Nascar and was relatively successful. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yeah 3 or 4 races. It's a very unusual sight haha.

To be fair Kimi only drove one or two races and was pretty good. Montoya also did a lot of  Nascar and was relatively successful. 

I mean I'm not gonna pretend I watched any of those Nascar races with Kimi - I just heard he was shite from someone at some point. But I don't even remember who told me and I couldn't even be bothered to check with wiki on it.

Archived