• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

New Season, New Kit

football forum

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

our kit has come under some scrutiny today after last night's launch. The left sleeve has been given a shitty purple sponsor. Badly placed and has no aesthetic place on the kit. Looks so out of place and out of the ordinary. Ruins what was a nice kit for me.

• Subscriber

Appalling from Leicester. This whole thing in a nutshell is why I just cannot be bothered ever buying them. It's the biggest con going.

I did quite like the away one, but having seen Newcastle's and Dortmund's I've quickly lost interest. There's nothing unique to us about it. Same for them two. It's quite a nice template, but a template nontheless.

To advertise the kit as that, actually take pre-orders from people, for them to not mention a thing about having some awful looking sponsor on the sleeve is appalling. I hope they get a load of returns because it's the least they deserve. It's turned a nice kit into a heap of shite - what on earth was going through their heads when they put that sponsor on a kit where there is a certain design on a sleeve? It looks like it was designed by a kid on PES.

The whole thing doesn't sit right with me. They've basically admitted themselves it's shit by not showing the real thing in the release.

They've put that sponsor on the others as well - making it probably the worst set of kits of ours I can remember. It's done well to top 2013/14.

Really do think replicas are the biggest con going. Poor quality, no imagination and exorbitant pricing. Thankfully the deal with Puma is over next year and there are rumours we'll be having a bespoke kit - as any club with pride should have.

12 hours ago, Dan said:

Really do think replicas are the biggest con going. Poor quality, no imagination and exorbitant pricing. Thankfully the deal with Puma is over next year and there are rumours we'll be having a bespoke kit - as any club with pride should have.

Unless it's with a small firm though then the process will probably be the same as for most clubs. Unless you are one of the real big clubs that are raking in loads through merchandise then generally the process goes that you'll get a bespoke kit made every other season. The season's in between you have to select an 'off the peg' one.

• Subscriber
On 7/14/2017 at 0:14 PM, Large said:

Unless it's with a small firm though then the process will probably be the same as for most clubs. Unless you are one of the real big clubs that are raking in loads through merchandise then generally the process goes that you'll get a bespoke kit made every other season. The season's in between you have to select an 'off the peg' one.

We've not had a bespoke kit in recent years to my memory.

Puma do some nice templates but I still don't really like paying £50 for a Chesterfield shirt with our badge on it.

Anyhow, as of today they have made the purple patch optional, which makes it a bit better I suppose. I still can't see why they've picked a sleeve design if they had this in mind though.

• Administrator

Milan third kit:
milan-17-18-third-kit-2.jpg

Genoa

genoa-17-18-home-kit.jpg

Chelsea third
nike-chelsea-17-18-Third-kit-2.jpg

Osmanlispor (this one is bespoke for sure xD )

Insane%2BNike%2BOsmanlispor%2B17-18%2BKi

Bolton, sponsored by Channel 5's Home and Away

Bolton%2BWanderers%2B17-18%2BHome%2B%252

Real Madrid 3rd kit
real-madrid-17-18-third-kit-2.jpg

Norwich away

norwich-city-17-18-away-kit-2.jpg

Newcastle away leaked?

newcastle-united-17-18-away-kit%2B%25282

• Subscriber
On 7/14/2017 at 9:04 PM, londonerlilie said:

Here's Darmstadt 98's Home Kit for the next Bundesliga 2 season!

20116758_1496556193735510_7804521518369993820_o.thumb.jpg.20edd76a242c6535230c46a5eecf291c.jpg

I'm not sure about that collar, but the logo design looks very nice!

• Subscriber

Saw our away one in the flesh earlier. Jesus it's awful.

Only we could turn a very smart away shirt into a cheap looking pile of shite by adding one small thing.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Dan said:

Saw our away one in the flesh earlier. Jesus it's awful.

Only we could turn a very smart away shirt into a cheap looking pile of shite by adding one small thing.

they've made it an 'option' to have the purple sponsor on the sleeve now. Club must have seen the backlash of 1) keeping it quiet that they were going to do it and 2) how shit it actually was given the reaction of the fans. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

they've made it an 'option' to have the purple sponsor on the sleeve now. Club must have seen the backlash of 1) keeping it quiet that they were going to do it and 2) how shit it actually was given the reaction of the fans. 

They knew themselves it looked shit. That's why they didn't release the proper thing at first.

• Administrator

Millwall home and away

millwall-fc-17-18-home-kit+%25283%2529.j

Millwall+FC+17-18+Home+%2526+Away+Kits+%

Leeds home and away - 2 of the best of the season

leeds-united-17-18-home-kit-1.jpg

Leeds+United+17-18+Home+%2526+Away+Kits+

Corinthians 3rd kit

corinthians-17-18-third-kit-2.jpg

Portsmouth home and away

portsmouth-17-18-home-away-third-kits+%2

Portsmouth+17-18+Home%252C+Away+%2526+Th

Man City Melbourne City home

Melbourne+City+17-18+Home+%2526+Away+Kit

Melbourne%2BCity%2B17-18%2BHome%2B%2526%

Huddersfield away

huddersfield-town-17-18-away-kit-1.jpg

Brighton third kit

Brighton+%2526+Hove+Albion+17-18+Premier

Fulham home

Fulham+17-18+Home+Kit+%25281%2529.jpg

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Leeds home and away - 2 of the best of the season

leeds-united-17-18-home-kit-1.jpg

Leeds+United+17-18+Home+%2526+Away+Kits+

portsmouth-17-18-home-away-third-kits+%2

I didn't like the home kit when it first came out but it has grown on me. I think it's because I am a traditionalist and White with Yellow/Blue trim is our trademark, it is what works for Leeds. Seeing the badge in gold didn't look right. But it has grown on me and does look smart on the players.

The away was released yesterday. Again, I love our away colours to be Yellow and Blue but it does look classy. Bit extreme to make us look like New Zealand just to keep chris Wood happy.

Also, really like that Pompey shirt. The White/Red trim works well with their shirts. Looks good that.

Archived