talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Royal Family

football forum

How do you feel about the monarchy?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the monarchy?

• Fine as it is.
    • Should be kept but needs significant alterations.
    • We should start to look into abolishing it.

King Charles's speech did kind of hint that he is going to cut the cord on Harry and his home wrecking American agent.   he talked about William, his titles and what he is getting, then just mentions Harry and no titles kind of he is over there in a cesspool of civilisation but happy so good for him.   cut the weasel off until he finally sees that he is married to a sociopath in the Amber heard, Olivia Wilde bracket.

William is by far the better one.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

King Charles's speech did kind of hint that he is going to cut the cord on Harry and his home wrecking American agent.   he talked about William, his titles and what he is getting, then just mentions Harry and no titles kind of he is over there in a cesspool of civilisation but happy so good for him.   cut the weasel off until he finally sees that he is married to a sociopath in the Amber heard, Olivia Wilde bracket.

I'm not sure. I have seen plenty of evidence of how when Kate was in a newspaper, the story was all positive. When Meghan was in a newspaper, for near identical reasons, the story was all negative.

On some of the further stuff she talks of, e.g. most recently concern over a fire in a nursery room? I noticed 1 speech in parliament the other day which talked of feeling concerned at a cardboard crayon coloured flame drawing propped against an electric heater. etc.

They had a right to leave if they wanted (Harry & Meghan) and actually many monarchs of the last century (Victoria & Elizabeth II) would not have been the monarch if the line of succession had flowed as expected. But H&M are equally cashing in & being as sensationalist as those they perhaps justifiably took offence over in the first place.

5 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Will he continue the mute political role like his mother? I don't think so he seems a bit more assertive.

I doubt it. But what is politically mute? The Queen has been addressing the United Kingdom & the Commonwealth, like it's all 1 big family, which she was proud to serve. That seems to be all politics is about?

And privately The Queen was not mute at all. The weekly conversations with PM's were always more than polite formality. And genuine 2 way conversation. If anything, I imagine that may placate Charles from being indiscrete.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Her paedo son that she definitely didn't know anything about?

It isn't out of the realm of possibility mate, people can be pretty good at hiding things from family. Just speaking from experience, there are things that can be hidden in plain sight. It's not necessarily a good thing but it happens, ya know?

• Administrator

Funeral confirmed for 19th. Will be a bank holiday too. 

6 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Didn't Harry surrender the titles and royal duties? So there was no need to mention them? 

How is Meghan Markle even close to the Heard/Wilde bracket?! That's some allegation and stretch to say the least. She's shown nothing of the sort. 

Meghan gets far too bad a rep just for being non-white (I'm not saying you've alluded to any racism, this is just a general point). Quite clear those that follow Daily Mail have bought into the racial undertones of the criticism that is aimed towards her. 

37 minutes ago, Stan said:

How is Meghan Markle even close to the Heard/Wilde bracket?!

Horrible woman, controlling and manipulative... 

She did a recent speech to an audience at the One Young World Summit in Manchester and referred to herself 54 times in 7 minutes... She just wants to be a high profile influencer... 

Royal author Phil Dampier said, "The speech was really about her. She was using it as a platform to talk about herself and her past involvement with the organisation but it didn't tell the audience anything practical in terms of advice to fulfil their potential." Despite her efforts to deliver a sincere and inspiring speech, critics allege the duchess "made no sense" and "related everything to herself."

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Horrible woman, controlling and manipulative... 

She did a recent speech to an audience at the One Young World Summit in Manchester and referred to herself 54 times in 7 minutes... She just wants to be a high profile influencer... 

Royal author Phil Dampier said, "The speech was really about her. She was using it as a platform to talk about herself and her past involvement with the organisation but it didn't tell the audience anything practical in terms of advice to fulfil their potential." Despite her efforts to deliver a sincere and inspiring speech, critics allege the duchess "made no sense" and "related everything to herself."

Sorry but this has no comparison to being a domestic abuser like Heard is. 

I think that comparison is what my main gripe is. I get that people don't like her, fair enough. 

But it's like comparing a shoplifter to a murderer. Unreasonable, really. 

Also, that's a 'royal author'. I doubt they've been impartial. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sorry but this has no comparison to being a domestic abuser like Heard is. 

Also, that's a 'royal author'. I doubt they've been impartial. 

Well, I never made that comparison, and it does mention 'critics' rather than coming from just the one individual but even so, mentioning yourself 54 times in 7 minutes is a lot.. I wouldn't mention myself that many times if I had an hour to talk myself up for a new job.. xD

Each to their own an all that... 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well, I never made that comparison, and it does mention 'critics' rather than coming from just the one individual but even so, mentioning yourself 54 times in 7 minutes is a lot.. I wouldn't mention myself that many times if I had an hour to talk myself up for a new job.. xD

Each to their own an all that... 

It mentions one individual you've quoted from mate. He says 'critics', but before that he gives his own opinion. 

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

It mentions one individual you've quoted from mate. He says 'critics', but before that he gives his own opinion. 

Like I said mate, each to their own and all that... some like her some don't and everyone can have an opinion regardless of what they do for a living.. 

2 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I doubt it. But what is politically mute? The Queen has been addressing the United Kingdom & the Commonwealth, like it's all 1 big family, which she was proud to serve. That seems to be all politics is about?

And privately The Queen was not mute at all. The weekly conversations with PM's were always more than polite formality. And genuine 2 way conversation. If anything, I imagine that may placate Charles from being indiscrete.

There are growing cases of political cronyism in UK lately. A lot of such endeavors need the King/Queen's final approval even if it's just a formality like knighting of Tony Blair recently, a guy who openly lied to everyone. The Queen could've refused it and it was a unpopular move yet it went through. Charles looks like who might not tolerate to show his disapproval to what he perceives as bullshit.

24 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Royalists just come across as mental when it comes to their obsession with Meghan Markle.

We only get it through the media lens though there does seem to be the impression that Megan a B actress was trying to launch her social celebrity career in the US by criticising the UK royals.

Not the bst way to integrate with the Saxe-Coburg dynasty.

12 hours ago, Waylander said:

We only get it through the media lens though there does seem to be the impression that Megan a B actress was trying to launch her social celebrity career in the US by criticising the UK royals.

Not the bst way to integrate with the Saxe-Coburg dynasty.

her troubles started long before.  she was fired from suits due to allegations that proved false, it ended up in a walk away.  got to ask why she remains uncasted

prior to the wedding her own family warned them what kind of person she is.

I think some things are harsh but sheinvites it upon herself, her woke podcast is just more why ibconsider her to be plastic

17 hours ago, Spike said:

It isn't out of the realm of possibility mate, people can be pretty good at hiding things from family. Just speaking from experience, there are things that can be hidden in plain sight. It's not necessarily a good thing but it happens, ya know?

In normal families yeah, but when you’re the head of state with access to some of the worlds greatest intelligence agencies…not so much. I don’t believe in Santa, I don’t believe in the tooth fairy and I definitely don’t believe that the head of the most famous royal family in the world was completely oblivious to the fact that her son was heading off to shag a child island.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

got to ask why she remains uncasted

Time? Time focusing on other things, being married to a royal, charity work? 

29 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

her woke podcast is just more why ibconsider her to be plastic

You don't even know her xD

Neither do I but 'woke' is just a word used as an alternative to 'I don't like her opinion so I'll stick a label on it'. 

Archived