talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Royal Family

football forum

How do you feel about the monarchy?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the monarchy?

• Fine as it is.
    • Should be kept but needs significant alterations.
    • We should start to look into abolishing it.

Whereas questions have and will always be asked about the monarchy, Queen Elizabeth has been a fantastic beacon for the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.

Her passing is sad, most for me as she's a mother, grandmother, great grandmother that was a key part of her family.

RIP.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Spike said:

I’m not a royalist at all but she has been a constant fact in my life and two generations of my family prior. I’ve never known a reality where Elizabeth wasn’t the queen. It is really bizarre.

#Republic trending in Australia. Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Oh Trevor Sinclair. You just ended your ‘career’ in one tweet.

he is trying to get a little piece of that virtue pie.  Jennifer Lawrence and adultress Wilde have been in it to.  It seems like fading names need to get relevant again so they play the virtue card to suck up to the ultra minority. 

• Administrator
Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

he is trying to get a little piece of that virtue pie.  Jennifer Lawrence and adultress Wilde have been in it to.  It seems like fading names need to get relevant again so they play the virtue card to suck up to the ultra minority. 

Or he's just a massive cunt. 

On the Queen, it is an unreal feeling that she has finally gone. She's always seemed like an old woman to me. So not quite as shocking & troubling as Diana was.

A few of the more intelligent commentaries on the various TV channels covering it all are mentioning what an era this 2nd Elizabethan era will be seen as in future. It started out from the years immediately after WWII. A point in time where things like smart phones, devices of various kinds, the whole internet thing, etc, etc, seemed like pure sci fi fantasy every bit as much as Superman. So perhaps not for the grand decorative designs of the Victorian era, and more for the impossible things that became everyday to the many, this Elizabethan era we're all in will be poured over by many future historical pundits.

1 hour ago, Machado said:

#Republic trending in Australia. Thoughts?

The Queen's death is irrelevant to that especially considering what the the former PM committed during the pandemic. He secretly invested the powers of the other cabinet ministers into his own office by convincing the governor general that it was necessary for the safety of Australia. What we don't need is a #republic debate to distract people from the actual evidence of corruption and lies that plagued the previous three governments.

@Devil-Dick Willie @Toinho I can promise these two guys with a straight face that it isn't a grassroots 'debate' it's a distraction. Look at the newspapers publishing the story, The Western Australian (7 media), The Canberra Times (ACM formerly Fairfax 9), The Courier (Murdoch).

The debate of republicanism died with John Howard replacing Paul Keating as PM.

And yeah, on Trevor Sinclair... Harry & Meghan didn't name the person. There were actually 4 lead suspects. Context is probably a moot point to Trevor. Curiosity. Concern. Dread. All 3 are very different words & when applied as the tone to the same written sentence, can have wildly fluctuating effects. But Trevor probably knows best.

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Oh Trevor Sinclair. You just ended your ‘career’ in one tweet.

The first of many over the next few days I predict. People are going to be all over anti-monarchy sentiment like flies on manure for at least a month in a way that's going to make the usual thought police/cancel culture/PC gone mad behaviour look very civilised. 

Not that it was uncalled for with Trevor Sinclair's tweet. 🤦‍♂️

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

The first of many over the next few days I predict. People are going to be all over anti-monarchy sentiment like flies on manure for at least a month in a way that's going to make the usual thought police/cancel culture/PC gone mad behaviour look very civilised. 

Not that it was uncalled for with Trevor Sinclair's tweet. 🤦‍♂️

Bang on.

Fantastic innings from the Queen, feels weird. RIP.

Just woke up to the news. Now, although I think Australia should be a republic, and I’m generally “against” royal families, I am however genuinely sad because this is huge for a fair chunk of the world. It’s all most of us have ever known.

R.I.P

2 hours ago, Spike said:

The Queen's death is irrelevant to that especially considering what the the former PM committed during the pandemic. He secretly invested the powers of the other cabinet ministers into his own office by convincing the governor general that it was necessary for the safety of Australia. What we don't need is a #republic debate to distract people from the actual evidence of corruption and lies that plagued the previous three governments.

@Devil-Dick Willie @Toinho I can promise these two guys with a straight face that it isn't a grassroots 'debate' it's a distraction. Look at the newspapers publishing the story, The Western Australian (7 media), The Canberra Times (ACM formerly Fairfax 9), The Courier (Murdoch).

The debate of republicanism died with John Howard replacing Paul Keating as PM.

Haven’t seen anything yet. Only read ABC so far.

5 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The tweet is dumb and doesn't really make sense.

The people getting super mad about it and wanting him to lose his "career" over it are a strange bunch though.

It does have to be one of the stupidest tweets of all time. I keep trying to analyse it but coming up with nothing, really trying to figure out the thought process. He should be fired for being that stupid, not because it's controversial. Didn't Sinclair racially abuse a cop as werll? xD

Archived