talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

On 20/03/2020 at 06:33, Toinho said:

I feel ya.

We have been told to think/plan for two weeks in case we are shut. I’ll be doing some of that Monday with a colleague during collaboration time. 

My students are so young but some are making comments about the virus so I am just reassuring them that they’re very likely to be fine and that we continue to practise healthy habits. Washing hands, hand sanitiser, coughing into the elbow and so on. 

Very uncertain times but student numbers are starting to slowly drop. 

We are not likely to close. We aren’t taking enough action, I’m calling it now, we will have over 1,000 cases by the end of Sunday. It’s not even flu season. These are dangerous numbers. 

Hit that by Saturday morning. 

17 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Lastly, let's not turn this into a dick measuring contest as to which country has been better at handling it. Everyone is losing people in big numbers and we all are going to be in an economic shithole for many months or couple of years.

Nah, wasn't trying to do that. I was having a go at those people in our own countries that do nothing but suck up to the first world countries. Drives me up a wall.

42 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

To be fair to the first world countries, they don't constantly deal with outbreaks (here we dealt with Nipah virus and Encephalitis), which would allow them to gain experience on how to deal with epidemics.

Secondly,  it is very difficult for their governments to be authoritative with their citizens. Like our governments, they can't put out harsher laws without facing huge backlash and opposition from citizens.

Lastly, let's not turn this into a dick measuring contest as to which country has been better at handling it. Everyone is losing people in big numbers and we all are going to be in an economic shithole for many months or couple of years.

Any pics?

42 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

They're not doing enough to contain it? Isn't every single person in the country locked inside their house? What more could be done to contain it than that? Shooting the afflicted?

Just now, Harry said:

It is still beyond me how a person who clearly has the intelligence and vocabulary of a 3rd grader can be the president of the United States. Speaks volumes about what kind of circus that country is. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Stan said:

Nah this cunt has gone up on the cunt-o-meter. Madly. How rattled is he?

12 hours ago, Eco said:

An absolute twat at his zenith. Sad thing is that this idiot is likely to get elected again. 

The same journalist asked Mike pence the same question later in the press conference. Listen to his answer.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Harry said:

The same journalist asked Mike pence the same question later in the press conference. Listen to his answer.

Meanwhile you can tell Trump has no idea what was asked again to a different person xD

On 19/03/2020 at 20:01, Carnivore Chris said:

What's Amsterdam looking like at the moment? @Panna King, @Panflute

I haven't been there since Tuesday 10, before people started taking it seriously. If you go around my hometown you wouldn't really notice anything was wrong, except it's a bit more packed in the supermarkets and a bit quieter in the streets.

I can imagine Amsterdam being a lot less busy as all the musea, restaurants and bars are closed.

Anew Saturday and finally all our social centres are closed.  I only wish people would stop using numbers to try and make a point - the numbers are irrelevant - The Chinese control over society can produce whichever totals they wish,  the UK is testing limited members and many of those are in the most likely sources of problems - thus the ratio is higher than in other areas where they are trying to test everyone - but that itself is impossible.  Third world countries do have the infrastructure to collate any form of sensible numbers and Trumpy just makes stuff up as he goes along and ignores his advice from states which are more sensibly approaching the problem.  Just accept that there is a serious problem and perhaps the Chinese are being realistic and their peak may not be over, but reducing and they are beginning to show signs of winning th battle.  Italy has problems all over - mainly due to people from the badly hit north 'emigrating' south and taking it with them to start new areas of infection.  Her in the UK we are now more restricted due to younger members not taking things seriously and congregating together so now there is nowhere to congregate. It will be a while yet before the answers are found, but they will be and until then we go back to our lives in the 1940's when we all helped each other and stayed calm and -hopefully - safe. I can remember the 'panic' buying in those years when new supplies arrived in the local shop and disappeared in minutes - it you were late, you went without -then it was real fear, now it is total selfishness but those doing it will never be shamed of themselves because that is how society has developed - the me me me - syndrome is showing all its teeth.  Let's try and use this space for positive news and thinking, positive ideas how to help and get over this and stop the gloom and doomsters being able to lead!

To all my usual final comment

Sei nett, be nice and - as Tommy says - stay safe.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Mental and infuriating but hopefully that's what it is, one last hurrah, that will surely indirectly lead to the deaths of several vulnerable people but at least we can be proud that we won't be told what to do, or something.