talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

48 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Times up Erik. I’m sorry but you’ve spent half a billion on shite and can’t build a team for shit. No style, no identity, nothing. This can’t continue.

His signings have taken us backwards haven't they.

Can't believe the position we are in now, I genuinely think we're worse off than when he took over.

20 minutes ago, Devil said:

His signings have taken us backwards haven't they.

Can't believe the position we are in now, I genuinely think we're worse off than when he took over.

We’re in massive trouble. On one hand, sacking him gets us nowhere as it’s a vicious circle. On the other hand, we’re already in a vicious circle as it’s clear there’s no plan A. Utterly, utterly fucked. 

7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

We’re in massive trouble. On one hand, sacking him gets us nowhere as it’s a vicious circle. On the other hand, we’re already in a vicious circle as it’s clear there’s no plan A. Utterly, utterly fucked. 

Why didn't anyone above him question the logic of some of the signings he's made. Antony and Mount for differing reasons are disasters. 

We simply didn't need Mount, we've already got a few average attacking midfielders, why we needed to overpay for another average player is beyond me. Antony is one of the worst signings in football history, he's worth about 25 million and yet we were haggling around the 90 million mark.

Surely the fact he was actually underwhelming in the Dutch league should have been picked up on. 

Basically no background checks have been done on any of these players, there has been no consideration regarding the step up in league standard. He's been given freedom to buy the players he wants and it's completely backfired.

For the record, I was firmly in the keep him until the end of the season camp before today. 

Not now, he's lost the dressing room clearly. His big players appear to be going through the motions again.

This will be worse than the Moyes season, they will hang on too long in making the decision and end up struggling around midtable.

I do suspect the ownership being an ongoing issue, probably gives him time. That & perhaps wrongly that Chelsea are worse off.

I'm not sure what is. You could easily question the signings of Onana & Mount. But if they had gone to Brighton or Newcastle or Spurs, etc, would they be looking as bad? I doubt it.

It just kind of often feels like Man United is just not a happy place. Perhaps because it's not Fergie Man United? And that's just something always in the room at the club. Something no other club has to contend with, except perhaps the not-Roman Chelsea.

But, yes, it seems to me he just can't have all the squad happy & onboard. However much his own doing. However much that the club's name effects everything & everyone. As a direct comparison, Villa have recently won a combined 9-2 vs Palace & Brighton.

34 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I do suspect the ownership being an ongoing issue, probably gives him time. That & perhaps wrongly that Chelsea are worse off.

I'm not sure what is. You could easily question the signings of Onana & Mount. But if they had gone to Brighton or Newcastle or Spurs, etc, would they be looking as bad? I doubt it.

It just kind of often feels like Man United is just not a happy place. Perhaps because it's not Fergie Man United? And that's just something always in the room at the club. Something no other club has to contend with, except perhaps the not-Roman Chelsea.

But, yes, it seems to me he just can't have all the squad happy & onboard. However much his own doing. However much that the club's name effects everything & everyone. As a direct comparison, Villa have recently won a combined 9-2 vs Palace & Brighton.

Onana has made one big mistake, on a whole he's not been bad at all in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Reluctant Striker said:

A bit harsh to chuck us in with that horrendous mauling you gave Brighton earlier. We at least made you work for 94 minutes!

One thing I will say is, a little over a year ago United were going through their worst (or one of) seasons in my lifetime and that forced a managerial change. There was massive cracks being papered over by OGS and his low point tallies in relation to league position that were revealed by the arrival of Ronaldo. Since then United have still kept the majority of the players who were around then and they’ve also suffered a lot of injuries this season. To top that off United were atrocious beginning of last season, good in the middle and then nearly fell off at the end coming close to giving Liverpool 4th.

Until the squad is changed as a whole and a plan is followed, this pattern will just keep rearing its head.

But with all of that said how they’re handling Sancho and also Greenwood is cause for concern. Would love to know how thats gone down in the dressing room.

16 hours ago, Danny said:

One thing I will say is, a little over a year ago United were going through their worst (or one of) seasons in my lifetime and that forced a managerial change. There was massive cracks being papered over by OGS and his low point tallies in relation to league position that were revealed by the arrival of Ronaldo. Since then United have still kept the majority of the players who were around then and they’ve also suffered a lot of injuries this season. To top that off United were atrocious beginning of last season, good in the middle and then nearly fell off at the end coming close to giving Liverpool 4th.

Until the squad is changed as a whole and a plan is followed, this pattern will just keep rearing its head.

But with all of that said how they’re handling Sancho and also Greenwood is cause for concern. Would love to know how thats gone down in the dressing room.

The Ronaldo signing undermined what OGS was doing in his attempt to rebuild the side imo. I don’t think he was a particularly great manager, but I don’t think he was really helped by the Glazers and I don’t think Ronaldo being back at the club really helped.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The Ronaldo signing undermined what OGS was doing in his attempt to rebuild the side imo. I don’t think he was a particularly great manager, but I don’t think he was really helped by the Glazers and I don’t think Ronaldo being back at the club really helped.

I’d like to know how much City actually wanted Ronaldo or whether it was a ploy to draw United into signing him. Makes no sense from their perspective to actually be interested.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I’d like to know how much City actually wanted Ronaldo or whether it was a ploy to draw United into signing him. Makes no sense from their perspective to actually be interested.

I don't think City care about United anymore and haven't for a while. The tables have fully turned in that sense. We are basically the comedy act of the duo, which is exactly what they were during the 90's and early 2000's

Ronaldo is a goal machine with supply, Pep seen him as a cheap option until they got Haaland. He would have scored absolutely crazy numbers with De Bruyne, Silva, Mahrez and Foden supplying.

I don’t think City had any interest in genuinely signing Ronaldo. They just wanted to weaken a rival by having them spend a load of cash paying a cunt like Ronaldo. Yeah, he score a good few goals but it was always going to end in tears. 

At one point I could see some progress he was making, more positivity around the club but around February or something, it stopped, no progress in terms of getting the team better, playing better etc. There are few things he has done right, like trying to get rid of the deadwood which would take time. And it's United's fault giving big contracts to everyone that makes the other clubs hesitant to sign our deadwood when their wages are too high (like what happened when we tried to offload players to West Ham). You literally can't offload unwanted players like Maguire, Brandon Williams, Scott Mc., Martial, Sancho etc. with the contracts they have.

Most of his signings are just all over the place. Players like Mount (while he can be a good player) were not needed at all. Onana is okay so far apart from the 2-3 mistakes, but what's the point getting a keeper that is good with his feet, but you don't have a team that can play around that style of keeper?

He is lucky that the majority of the fanbase is more focused to Glazers and the negativity goes there so he is safe until that bubble will burst.

But for me, the worst aren't the results so far, it's the dire style of football that reminds me of LvG's. Yes, control (????) the game, pass in defense 50 times, then once you are in midfield, the players can't make more than 4-5 passes without returning it back to defense. It's not enjoyable at all.

Edited by Fusion