The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
33 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We've been playing with 8 players short most of the season :ph34r:

Really? None of you on here have mentioned it mate. I’ll have to have a look on Google or ask my Liverpool mate.

Are you sure?

Do the other Liverpool fans on here know? 

Bloody hell that’s a lot of players.

You should have said... feel sorry for you now. If you don’t win the League then fair enough I understand. It takes nothing away from how awesome and superior you are.

3 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Really? None of you on here have mentioned it mate. I’ll have to have a look on Google or ask my Liverpool mate.

Are you sure?

Do the other Liverpool fans on here know? 

Bloody hell that’s a lot of players.

You should have said... feel sorry for you now. If you don’t win the League then fair enough I understand. It takes nothing away from how awesome and superior you are.

Awww cheers mate 👍 

5 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

We are up to 8 players with COVID now. Three of them played against Palace last Friday. Palace awaiting their test results.

Jesus.

I don't even think our game next weekend will go ahead, sounds like it's gonna get worse before it gets better. They reckon it's a staff member who's brought it in.

1 hour ago, N U F C said:

Jesus.

I don't even think our game next weekend will go ahead, sounds like it's gonna get worse before it gets better. They reckon it's a staff member who's brought it in.

Realistically the training ground will need to be closed for at least 5 days and then everyone tested again. That's the shortest time frame before you can start taking risks on whether the virus will show again. If they want no risks then it will need to be closed for 2 weeks. I'd guess they'll be back at training mid next week. 

7 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

We are up to 8 players with COVID now. Three of them played against Palace last Friday. Palace awaiting their test results.

We all know Covid's not real I read it on Facebook somewhere.... 

Seriously though, even with all those precautions that clubs are taking regarding testing before and after games and during training etc which is better than pretty much anywhere else currently it's still managed to run riot and affect 8 of your players in a short space of time.. 

In Brazil, clubs also have experienced huge COVID clusters. One team was hit by 18 cases. The games aren't being postponed though. 

The problem here are not the club protocols.

The real problem is that many players are being careless. 

I guess it's wishful thinking to expect young millionaires, most single, to stay at home. There has been many cases of players being caught at night at clubs and parties. 

25 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I guess it's wishful thinking to expect young millionaires, most single, to stay at home. There has been many cases of players being caught at night at clubs and parties. 

Well there have been a number of those sorts of cases over here with players breaking lockdown rules for parties or having friends/girls over so have to assume that it's players being careless outside of the clubs influence that's causing the problem

15 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

We all know Covid's not real I read it on Facebook somewhere.... 

Seriously though, even with all those precautions that clubs are taking regarding testing before and after games and during training etc which is better than pretty much anywhere else currently it's still managed to run riot and affect 8 of your players in a short space of time.. 

Apparently they cut back on testing. It's not done as frequently anymore. Oops.

1 hour ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Apparently they cut back on testing. It's not done as frequently anymore. Oops.

I don't understand that... Surely the clubs are obligated to carry out regular testing to enable them to avoid situations such as this, the same way that workplaces must have certain precautions in place to enable them to stay open. Is this a league decision to cut back testing or has the club itself decided to wander down a different path?? 

19 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I don't understand that... Surely the clubs are obligated to carry out regular testing to enable them to avoid situations such as this, the same way that workplaces must have certain precautions in place to enable them to stay open. Is this a league decision to cut back testing or has the club itself decided to wander down a different path?? 

League decision to change testing from twice a week to once a week since September.

Basically they've cut back when cases shrank and didn't ramp up when the 2nd wave came.

2 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

League decision to change testing from twice a week to once a week since September.

Basically they've cut back when cases shrank and didn't ramp up when the 2nd wave came.

I was under the impression that testing was supposed to be carried out after each game when this first started not a couple of times a week down to once as it is now, You can understand why it's hitting more players then.. So if you tested on a Monday for example then played a CL game on Tue/Wed then a league game Sat/Sun you won't know if those players have picked it up until at least the following Tue/Wed assuming a turnaround of 24 hours for results but by then you could be walking straight into your next game.. no wonder they are getting more cases cropping up... 

You lot must be a bunch of party boys though, no Europe, no cup games and playing less than once a fortnight in the league, you can only be getting it by being out in the crowds.. Ashley hasn't got them working in his shops when training or games get cancelled has he?? 

Covid Direct?? 

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I was under the impression that testing was supposed to be carried out after each game when this first started not a couple of times a week down to once as it is now, You can understand why it's hitting more players then.. So if you tested on a Monday for example then played a CL game on Tue/Wed then a league game Sat/Sun you won't know if those players have picked it up until at least the following Tue/Wed assuming a turnaround of 24 hours for results but by then you could be walking straight into your next game.. no wonder they are getting more cases cropping up... 

You lot must be a bunch of party boys though, no Europe, no cup games and playing less than once a fortnight in the league, you can only be getting it by being out in the crowds.. Ashley hasn't got them working in his shops when training or games get cancelled has he?? 

Covid Direct?? 

:4_joy: Patient zero is a member of the backroom staff. So no doubt in the pub coming up with "tactics" :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What about voiding the season? Why is nobody suggesting this now, I think we know why.

Because Liverpool aren't top and favourites to win the league this season? Oh wait.

If they didn't void last season, why would anyone suggest there be any chance of it happening this season? They've shown that they're willing to adjust the schedule to complete a season that was curtailed completely for several months. This season there have been two games postponed. Not quite the same situation.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Because Liverpool aren't top and favourites to win the league this season? Oh wait.

If they didn't void last season, why would anyone suggest there be any chance of it happening this season? They've shown that they're willing to adjust the schedule to complete a season that was curtailed completely for several months. This season there have been two games postponed. Not quite the same situation.

Liverpool are in a very tight title race could either way, in fact England's favourite club (Manchester United) are very much involved so there will be absolutely no support for voiding among the general population.

My point was the hypocrisy, the calls to void last season were an embarrassing disgrace and motivated by hatred of one team. As has been shown now. If you said void in the summer then you should be saying void now, but people are not.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool are in a very tight title race could either way, in fact England's favourite club (Manchester United) are very much involved so there will be absolutely no support for voiding among the general population.

My point was the hypocrisy, the calls to void last season were an embarrassing disgrace and motivated by hatred of one team. As has been shown now. If you said void in the summer then you should be saying void now, but people are not.

Man Utd are the next most hated club in the country after Liverpool. They might have good representation in the media but you won't find a real football fan across the country who admires Man Utd as a second team or says they have a soft spot for them. 

I don't deny there was a big campaign of trolls who wanted to deny Liverpool the title cheekily suggesting null and void as a solution to see if it would gain some traction but it was never going to happen. Where we are right now with a vaccine on the way and mass testing implemented across the league just isn't the same scenario as back in April though.

Archived